Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Just finished "Bly Manor" which was gorgeously filmed but mostly a dull mess. The eighth episode in particular was unwatchable - I don't know what Carla Gugino's accent in her narration was in this but it was awful and it should have been excised completely.

Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:06 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Started Killing Eve season 3 and can already tell they're gonna go another year without hooking up. This show might be among the biggest teases in history.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:41 pm
The Kramer

Eve is also the stupidest “smart” character I’ve seen.

Still love Villanelle and she makes the show worth watching.

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:01 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Bly Manor was OK though nothing special. I liked the characters but I could take it or leave it.

Killing Eve Season 3 is weak for what was a great show. Getting a bit tiresome.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:30 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I have restarted "How to Get Away with Murder" Season 4 now, this series is great.

The first 3-4 seasons are great.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:31 pm
The Kramer

I know I complain about it alot, but Killing Eve is still an entertaining show with one of the best characters on tv. Just a bummer it didn’t live up to the potential that season 1 hinted at. And wtf was with that ending scene?

Queen’s Gambit is very good through three episodes.

Also, I got a password for apple tv and will watch Mythic Quest, Ted Lasso and Tehran soon. Maybe more.

Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:48 am
Wallflower

I started We Are Who We Are last night and watched 7 episodes in one sitting. I decided to save the last episode until today or tomorrow. I love it. There's something nice about shows and movies that are leisurely paced and just flow naturally. The main character is a brat and sometimes I hate him. But other times I really like him. I mainly just hate how he treats his moms. Especially Sevigny's character. Cannot believe they let him get away with acting how he does. His character reminds me of one we'd see in an Xavier Dolan film. The show is beautifully filmed and I like the setting. I'm really hoping there will be a season 2 but Luca Guadagnino is ridiculously busy so I'm unsure if that will happen.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:12 pm
Veteran

The Crown
The Undoing
Star Trek: Discovery

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:56 pm
Forum General

We are Who We Are is a pretty great show even if you don't always like Jack Dylan Grazer's character. It's incredibly well acted and directed and to me felt like an even more realistic coming of age drama than Euphoria which was equally great IMO.

The Third Day is also worth checking out of your a fan of cult/religious horror type stuff, although the performances and the awesome cinematography are easily the best things about it IMO, because I didn't think the ending was all that satisfying at all even though it is just a mini-series.

I recently just got finished with The Good Lord Bird as well and man is Ethan Hawke great in that. I keep forgetting just how good of an actor he is, because I a haven't seen him in a whole lot these days, but its definitely an Emmy worthy performance.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:32 am
Wallflower

Magic Mike wrote:
I started We Are Who We Are last night and watched 7 episodes in one sitting. I decided to save the last episode until today or tomorrow. I love it. There's something nice about shows and movies that are leisurely paced and just flow naturally. The main character is a brat and sometimes I hate him. But other times I really like him. I mainly just hate how he treats his moms. Especially Sevigny's character. Cannot believe they let him get away with acting how he does. His character reminds me of one we'd see in an Xavier Dolan film. The show is beautifully filmed and I like the setting. I'm really hoping there will be a season 2 but Luca Guadagnino is ridiculously busy so I'm unsure if that will happen.

I watched the last episode yesterday. It's a fine episode but mostly disappointing as a finale. The very ending was nice though. I really wanted more closure with some of the characters left back home. I want to see what's going to happen to
Spoiler: show
Sarah and would have liked another scene with Jonathan. Really didn't like Fraser completely ditching Harper at the concert. He can be so inconsiderate and downright awful at times and yet somehow I don't hate the character.

I do hope this gets another season. I feel like there's so much more they can explore with these characters. I know not everything has to be explained and wrapped up in a neat bow but I think a lot of it is just not wanting to leave this world Luca has created. It's so different and beautifully crafted. I found it fascinating and I'm not ready for it to be over. I guess they did write a bunch for a Season 2 during the pandemic but it's no guarantee HBO will want more. I imagine it comes down to if it gets any award nominations/wins. I can't imagine it's a big ratings winner.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm
Wallflower

Dil wrote:
We are Who We Are is a pretty great show even if you don't always like Jack Dylan Grazer's character. It's incredibly well acted and directed and to me felt like an even more realistic coming of age drama than Euphoria which was equally great IMO.

Agreed. I honestly can't choose between this and Euphoria. Both are superb in different ways. We Are Who We Are is just not as flashy and is more grounded in reality.

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:59 pm
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
I watched four episodes of the new HBO series "Industry" and highly enjoyed them.

I thought this looked good but really know nothing about the subject matter. Could I still enjoy it or would I be really confused?

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's not heavy on the financial talk, it's more soapy drama with that as the backdrop.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:30 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just finished Dash & Lily and it was GREAT. Both the leads are lovely and 8 episodes just fly by. The story blends old school romantic formula with a modern take on coming-of-age and an added bonus of Christmas backdrop. I wish Netflix will continue the series again next year.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am watching Atypical these days. Season 1 was great where main story was good and side stories annoyed me. Season 2 was reversed where main story annoyed me and side stories are stronger, which is probably the best way to go for this series.

Overall series is good though I would not say great, JJL is over the top but rest of the family members are great specially Brigette Lundy-Paine who has all the ingredients of becoming a star. The supporting cast is great here as well.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:04 am
Wallflower

I too watched Dash & Lily a couple weeks ago. I liked it. I would watch another installment if it gets one.

Also binged Atypical this year. I love it. I agree about Brigette Lundy-Paine. I love her on the show.

Over Thanksgiving and Black Friday I watched The Queen's Gambit. It's fantastic. Anya Taylor-Joy is amazing. I'm actually re-watching it now with my mom.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:05 am
Extraordinary

I finished The Undoing in less than a day. Kinda found the ending silly with the whole chase and totally guessed the final outcome wrong lol. Overall it was a good watch, both Kidman and Grant were great.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:48 am
Forum General

publicenemy#1 wrote:
I finished The Undoing in less than a day. Kinda found the ending silly with the whole chase and totally guessed the final outcome wrong lol. Overall it was a good watch, both Kidman and Grant were great.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but its a pretty solid little show for sure. I really enjoyed both Kidman and Grant in it who played a different kind of role than I was expecting which was refreshing.

The ending was a bit ridiculous though.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished The Queen's Gambit yesterday (1 episode per day but it was difficult to not binge this series) and its AMAZING. Anya Taylor-Joy deserves all the praise. I didn't love the ending as much but it isn't something that ruins the series (just too safe). The first few episodes are really great because not only do they keep the story running at full speed they add many layers to the character while throwing in some unexpected twists.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:23 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Queen's Gambit" is my favorite thing to come out this year, film or television wise.

I've been binging the new "Saved By The Bell" and it's surprisingly delightful and hilarious! Definitely recommended to fans of Tina Fey-esque sitcoms of the past.

Also I watched all of "The Undoing" and loved it. Highly engaging.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:15 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finally finished Season 3 of Atypical yesterday and I felt Season 3 was the strongest of all even though I didn't love the Zahid story it brought some of the best emotional scenes of this series. Eagerly waiting for the final episodes next year now.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:07 am
The Kramer

Apple has been good to me so far. Ted Lasso is incredible, best live action comedy of the year. Mystic Quest is also hilarious. Only watched one Tehran so far but enjoyed it.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:06 am
New Server, Same X

Is anyone watching The Flight Attendant? I'm really into it so far. Kaley Cuoco is fantastic. I didn't think she would ever do well outside of the awful sitcom formula, but she's great here.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:25 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am waiting for the series to finish before I bind watch it. Watched the first episode and loved it. Cuoco is really good in this.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Mister Ecks wrote:
Is anyone watching The Flight Attendant? I'm really into it so far. Kaley Cuoco is fantastic. I didn't think she would ever do well outside of the awful sitcom formula, but she's great here.

Yeah, it's incredibly silly but fun.

I'm also digging "Big Sky" which is the first broadcast show I've gotten into in some time.

Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 32  Next