Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Watchmen (HBO) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Watchmen (HBO)
Starts tonight. The reviews have largely been raves. Expect some polarization as it looks like this is woke

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:29 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Watchmen (HBO)
I’m hoping this is really great. HBO is positioning it as their potential new flagship show.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:02 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I've heard fantastic things. I'm excited to start it tomorrow.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:29 am
The Kramer

Thoughts with Spoilers

1) Adrian was wrong, this world sucks. I'd rather live under the Doomsday Clock. I hope someone cuts his dick off .. if he is still alive. Which it seems like.

2) Rorshach would not be happy about how his image is being used. Yet, since these people have a very incomplete account of his story, I guess it makes sense that they see him as someone who "gets shit done, no matter whose feelings get hurt" and that'd be inspirational to a bunch of assholes?

3) The racial conflict was a little too heavy-handed. It actually makes me think these guys (or at least the leaders) aren't white supremacists at all and are just using the animosity towards the Redfordations to further their own ambitions. Hmmm .. where have I seen that before? :P

4) Superheroes may be outlawed, but everything is still the same. The ending was even more of a bummer because of that. I actually thought, for a few minutes, that somebody would be rewarded for heroism in this universe. Nope!

5) The interrogation scene was trippy as fuck. From a production standpoint, Watchmen was an A+. Reznor's score is soooooo perfect for this world.

So overall, I liked it a lot, but still had some issues with the writing, mostly with the two scenes that bookended the episode. However, since it is a Damon Lindelöf show I probably only understand 1/100th of what kind of messages he is going for here, and at the end of it I'll be defending him against the legions of unsatisfied Rorsachs.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

I hated this. I forgot that post Lost Lindelof is terrible.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

This guy nailed it

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:17 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Does that guy also hate it?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm
The Kramer

Episode 3 was my favorite so far and I imagine it will be the same way for a lot of people. It was a soft reboot as Laurie took over the show, everyone in town was called out on what was happening and Adrain's plot was revealed to possibly be more silly than sinister.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:01 pm
Forum General

Episode 3 was pretty great mostly due to Jean Smart's fantastic introduction as Laurie Blake. She is honestly already my favorite character in the show which says something considering I believe this show is filled with interesting and endearing characters. I love the stuff with Irons as Adrian Veidt too.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 pm
The Kramer

Spoiler: show
I feel terrible that Looking Glass gets his own episode only to die right at the end. Truth has a cost I suppose. Just sucks that a good character must be sacrificed for it, just for the audience can get a sliver of understanding.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:16 pm
Forum General

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I feel terrible that Looking Glass gets his own episode only to die right at the end. Truth has a cost I suppose. Just sucks that a good character must be sacrificed for it, just for the audience can get a sliver of understanding.

Was that confirmed, though? I mean I get the implication from the ending but didn't think we saw it on-screen.

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:22 pm
Forum General

The Tim Blake Nelson episode was great. Can't wait for tomorrows episode either.

Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 am
The Kramer

...wtf? Was that something people were expecting to happen? I caught on to the clues in this episode, but hadn’t seen anything to point towards this big twist before it.

Still a great episode even with the ???? Seems like I was wrong in my last post after all. And I loved the courtroom scene.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:51 pm
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
...wtf? Was that something people were expecting to happen? I caught on to the clues in this episode, but hadn’t seen anything to point towards this big twist before it.

Still a great episode even with the ???? Seems like I was wrong in my last post after all. And I loved the courtroom scene.
just looked at reddit and of course they figured it out weeks ago.

Apparently the

Dr. Manhattan dildo was the Big clue. Ex Cal Abar. Lmfao. Lindelof is such a little rascal.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:00 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Tremendous season. As much as I'd love for more, they can just stop at the one season.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:42 am
Grill

The selfish side of me wants more of this incredible show but I would be completely ok with just this perfect season to stand on its own.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:36 pm
The Kramer

Finale was good, though it seems like they had enough material for a tenth episode.

As for the future, I think it could work as an anthology series. Set it a few years in the future, in a different town, seeing how the world has reacted to the news that A) Dr Manhattan is dead and B) There is no extra dimensional alien threat. Then they could slowly bring in Laurie, Angela, Wade, etc... I feel like Dan (Nite Owl) would have been on the show, atleast in a small cameo, if they were planning on stopping.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm
Forum General

I enjoyed the finale, but it definitely wasn't my favorite episode. This season was really great overall though, and I'm actually still conflicted if I even want a Season 2. If they do one it should definitely go the Anthology route IMO and focus on new characters, but I also have no idea how you do that without addressing what happens at the end of this season.

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:55 pm
Forum General

Dil wrote:
I enjoyed the finale, but it definitely wasn't my favorite episode. This season was really great overall though, and I'm actually still conflicted if I even want a Season 2. If they do one it should definitely go the Anthology route IMO and focus on new characters, but I also have no idea how you do that without addressing what happens at the end of this season.

If Angela is going to be another Dr. Manhattan she could be this elusive character referenced in subsequent seasons and maybe appearing at the end much like he was this season.

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 pm
The Kramer

If this season taught us anything it’s that she will be absurdly secretive about it. I really just can’t imagine is sitting there under this overwhelming praise and not even trying to think up anything for season 2.

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]