Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 What do you think Fox will air after the Super Bowl? 
Orphan

Post What do you think Fox will air after the Super Bowl?
I'd say The Masked Singer is a possibility. I could see Last Man Standing being chosen as well. Don't think they'll use the slot for any of their animated comedies.

Has a series finale ever aired post-Super Bowl? CBS could have aired The Big Bang Theory's finale and it probably would have at least doubled the numbers of that dull talent show they aired instead.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:09 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: What do you think Fox will air after the Super Bowl?
Before I even read your second line my thought was “the last Family Guy episode”, since it debuted the first episode during the superbowl. Seems unlikely they will let it end though.

How about WWE Smackdown? Probably too niche. So yeah Masked Singer or another game show seems more likely.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:03 pm
New Server, Same X

I could see them going with something frivolous like The Masked Singer. They don't really have a better option, unless they go with something new. Their last one went to 24: Legacy, and before that was a New Girl/Brooklyn Nine-Nine double. I think TV execs know that any bump a series gets for the time slot doesn't last, so they probably won't waste it on something meaningful.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:59 pm
Orphan

Mister Ecks wrote:
I could see them going with something frivolous like The Masked Singer. They don't really have a better option, unless they go with something new. Their last one went to 24: Legacy, and before that was a New Girl/Brooklyn Nine-Nine double. I think TV execs know that any bump a series gets for the time slot doesn't last, so they probably won't waste it on something meaningful.

When's the last time a sitcom got the spot? The Simpsons? Friends (I think it got one)?

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

9-1-1, they can do some big bomb or fire episode or whatever

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Wallflower

The Resident maybe? Grey's exploded after the SB episode. They might just use it to launch something new too.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm
New Server, Same X

Harry Warden wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

When's the last time a sitcom got the spot? The Simpsons? Friends (I think it got one)?

New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine in 2014, The Office in 2009, Simpsons and American Dad in 2005. The last true, multi-cam sitcom to get the slot was 3rd Rock from the Sun (!) in 1998. It's kind of odd how sitcoms haven't really gotten the slot often in the last twenty five years. Something light and funny seems like an ideal lead-out (Friends got huge numbers for their spot in 1996).

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm
Orphan

Mister Ecks wrote:
Harry Warden wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

New Girl and Brooklyn Nine-Nine in 2014, The Office in 2009, Simpsons and American Dad in 2005. The last true, multi-cam sitcom to get the slot was 3rd Rock from the Sun (!) in 1998. It's kind of odd how sitcoms haven't really gotten the slot often in the last twenty five years. Something light and funny seems like an ideal lead-out (Friends got huge numbers for their spot in 1996).

Fox should consider Last Man Standing and The Cool Kids. The latter especially seems like it would benefit from the exposure. It's actually decently funny.

CBS should have aired The Neighborhood after this year's game instead of what they chose.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]