Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Did anyone else watch FX's Trust? 
New Server, Same X

Post Did anyone else watch FX's Trust?
I started it when it premiered and forgot about it and just binged the last four episodes. I really enjoyed this. It's slow in spots, maybe would have worked better as a tighter, shorter miniseries. But overall I think it was stylish, interesting and well-acted. I forgot about it until I realized the Emmys completely ignored it. I'm shocked it didn't get recognized for Donald Sutherland, Hilary Swank and Brendan Fraser.

This felt like something David would have watched.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:30 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Did anyone else watch FX's Trust?
Yeah it's a really solid show. I at least thought it was much better than the movie version we got of this story. I also agree that Sutherland, Swank and especially Fraser should have gotten some kind of Emmy recognition.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:00 am
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Did anyone else watch FX's Trust?
I'm shocked now seeing that it got absolutely nothing. The whole thing was an Emmy wet dream. As deserving as American Crime Story is of most of its nominations, it took away chances for a miniseries like Trust. Big names like Penelope Cruz and Ricky Martin were nominated based on name recognition, in my opinion. Neither were the most noteworthy nominees from the series (Cruz especially likely split the vote with the far-more-deserving Judith Light, while Martin got in over deserving performances from Cody Fern and Mike Farrell)

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]