Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Will & Grace 
Wallflower

Post Will & Grace

I know we had that other thread for the election episode but we needed a more official thread.

Anyway, reviews are starting to come out and they're great so far.

http://tvline.com/2017/09/21/will-grace ... -season-9/

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/will-a ... 201878981/

Apparently it's the quality of the earlier seasons. Guess this long break helped. I'm really excited for its return. I watched the whole first season on Monday with a friend who had never seen the show. She's now determined to watch every season before the new season next week. I couldn't sleep this morning so I watched a few on Hulu. Happy all of the seasons were added to that yesterday. It should have been done sooner though so people could binge it before it started back up. 8 seasons is a lot to watch in a week.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 pm
now we know

Post Re: Will & Grace
Jack's put on so much weight that he can hardly turn around in his chair. The Election episode wasn't that great. I think this is a bad idea. When they do such reunion episodes or new seasons after many years hiatus it usually stinks.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I'm very curious how ratings will be for the premiere of this. I think it's a mistake not airing the first episode after The Voice or This Is Us.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:44 am
Cream of the Crop

The big four are always going to be fun to watch, but the political humor is already tiresome. They were on the air through most of the Bush Jr administration and seemed okay with that. I hope they focus on world class sex puns like God intended.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:28 am
The Wall

I'm not sure if I liked or hated how they wrote off the actual ending of the show (which I did find to be a good ending), I guess that will depend on the "new" ending they give the show. But the first episode was very underwhelming. There's something off with Debra Messing. It's like she's trying to do Grace, but forgot how to. Where are those crazy eyes girl? Too much botox/work done?

The political humor was a complete miss. Yeah, we get it Trump is an idiot. And the went for the most obvious things. 0 creativity there. Cheetos? That one was old in 2016.

Karen (as always) stole the show.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Also why wasn't there any update on Rosario? She's coming back right?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I liked the premiere well enough. The cast still has it (though I agree Grace needs to get crazy) but the writing could be better. Hopefully they'll get back into the swing of things rather quickly. It's definitely great to have the show back. It feels comforting and I missed the characters. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Also, I'm satisfied enough with how they brush off the original finale. That was just a depressing way to end the show. I couldn't believe they'd go that many years without talking. I wouldn't want them to.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:27 pm
Wallflower

This won't be going away anytime soon. Obviously since it was already renewed for a second season, but it's going to stick around longer than that. And I'm sure they'll increase the episode order for this season.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:20 am
Wallflower

What does everyone think the second episode will drop to in the ratings? I know a decent amount of people were annoyed by the Trump bashing and said they wouldn't watch anymore but I can't see many Trump fans being W&G fans anyway. I'm thinking this next episode will do 7-8 million viewers.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 pm
Wallflower

Tonight's episode was better than the premiere. I wasn't a big fan of the opening scene but it definitely improved after that. Megan was the best. She's still so great at being Karen. Easily the most impressive of the cast at the moment. Sadly I'm not really feeling Messing or even Hayes yet.

I thought the ending was definitely cute.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 am
Cream of the Crop

Yikes - that second episode was awful! I would've thought the writers would be refreshed and ready to go after a decade hiatus, but this script stunk. Perhaps the worst episode of the entire 196 made so far. *F*

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:45 am
The Wall

Nah. The second episode wasn't an improvement. Karen is still the only cast member that hits it out of the ballpark. Eric as Will is good too, but Will has always been a bit of a regular character so he's not that hard to pull off. But boy is Debra completely off her mark as Grace. What the hell happened there? The biggest problem with Hayes is that his voice is a bit too deep now but outside of that I think he's doing OK job so far.

I don't feel like so far these two episodes are making the revival worthwhile. The plots are still very much 90's/early 00's sitcom style and feel a bit outdated. Watching a rerun would probably be a better experience.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:24 am
Profile WWW
now we know

What were the plots for the first two episodes? I looked on Wikipedia, but it doesn't give a short synopsis. It relays scene-for-scene, and I don't want to know it in THAT much detail. And what sort of plots do you feel there should be?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The third episode with Leo was just as weak as the first two - I hope the writers can find their legs before too long.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 am
now we know

Stop watching it mate. You're obviously not having a good time.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

TV series often take quite a while to get their bearings. For example, ST:TNG took two whole seasons to become great. I retain faith that the producers and James Burrows (who has directed every single episode of the series) will soon grab the reins, and ride this thoroughbred back into the race.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am
now we know

You soldier.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I am very selective with TV shows - the only new ones I am watching are The Orville and ST: Discovery, plus new episodes of Will & Grace, Big Bang Theory, and Outlander.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 am
Wallflower

Episode 3 is my least favorite so far. But I'll take lesser Will & Grace over no Will & Grace at all. I'm just in awe of Mullally. She's as brilliant as ever as Karen. It just pains me Messing is doing so poorly. Not sure what she has to do to get her Grace mojo back.

Even though it's kind of underwhelming I still look forward to watching it every week.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:57 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't think she's awful, I just think she has tried the hardest of the four to make a career outside of Will & Grace, so it's hard to lapse back into this role. Gillian Anderson was similar on the new X-Files.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:32 am
The Wall

She's not awful awful, but Grace is not a hard role to pull off IMHO. Any lesser actress could "get it" by episode 3. The thing with Debra is that she just has the face of Grace which should make it easier for her. But it just kind of seems she's not that into it anymore.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I don't know. I think she was pretty brilliant on the original series. She brought a real energy to it. I know she's older now but she seems really tired.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 am
Cream of the Crop

Finally! The 'Grandpa Jack' episode fully achieved the true Will and Grace vibe - it could easily have been an episode in the original run. Outstanding.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 am
Wallflower

Yeah I quite enjoyed this episode. Probably the best yet this season.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm
The Wall

It was still a bit meh for me, but this is the first episode where W&G revival made sense in the context of tackling things that really matter but aren't too on the nose (like Trump in the first episode). This is also the first time that changes in their lives felt organic (Jack not knowing he's a grandpa), unlike the rewrite of the original series ending in the first episode or Grace's divorce in the previous episode.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next