Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 This Is Us 
The Wall

Post Re: This Is Us
He will probably play himself as one of the siblings is an actor.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:03 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Cool. It says that he is unlikely to share screen time with Milo.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Then that's it because of the timeline.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Milo did suggest him, but all his scenes will be with Justin Hartley. They already stated the premise is that he's playing an A-list film actor (not necessarily himself) who co-stars with Hartley's character in the Ron Howard movie he booked at the end of the first season.

Last edited by thompsoncory on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:33 am
Profile YIM
now we know

Cool. Thanks for the info.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

The premiere sucks so far.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Actually, dying at the music director telling Chrissy Metz that she didn't get the singing gig not because of her weight, but because she sucked :funny:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm
Profile YIM
The Wall

The premiere was great. If it's any indication of things to come it's going to be another strong season.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The first two were good. It's all typical This is Us. It's a few weeks away from getting an SNL parody which will be spot on.

I can't get interested in Kate's storyline. The whole "I'm fat. Don't look at me, I'm fat! But I want to sing so everyone look at me! Except you, don't watch me sing, I'm fat" thing is wearing thin... so to speak. It's not that the weight thing can't be made into an interesting story, but it's not done in an interesting way.

Kevin isn't much better. The only positive in his story is I love Alexandra Breckenridge. The plight of the handsome actor trying to be taken seriously doesn't grab me. And it isn't believable. Sorry but you can't have someone guest star on a show and then at the last second force them into a diaper.

Randall, Jack and Rebecca remain the most interesting. Now that we kind of know how Jack dies (even if it felt forced to have that scene in the premiere), I hope we get back to just telling their story and not worrying how he dies.

Speaking of, why is Ron Cephas Jones a cast member in Season 2? Will he continue to appear in flashbacks?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am
now we know

Stallone featured yet?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

Yes he was in the latest episode. He was actually good. But then again he played himself.

Also I know some people think this show is bad, but the writers really nail what a certain character can/should say. What Annie said to William was perfectly age appropriate and right for the moment. In other similar shows it was always a bit annoying how kids were feeded lines that were really too philosophical for academics even.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 am
Profile WWW
now we know

So I watched my first This Is Us episode. Yep, the Stallone one. Loved him in it, and his scenes were great, and his acting charming and even moving (nice music overlay). I'd actually love to see the real film of "Hill 400". Come on, that would be awesome. A World War II film starring Stallone and directed by Ron Howard! Fuck yes. But that guy (think his name is Kev) would have been fired. He was fucking useless. He couldn't even deliver a simple line, then he fucks up the action sequence. What a waste of space.

As for the show in general, eh, it is too fake and soppy for my liking. #FEELINGS. It's a writer's version of The Sims, but it ain't real life. It's one of those shows where people bottle everything up until an ultimate scene. Life isn't like that. And everyone is great looking apart from one morbidly obese woman (who apparently went through "weight loss" and did great ... which means before she must have been the size of a house).

It's a typical TV show. All the actors that aren't good enough for film go to TV, like Milo and Mandy Moore. I actually don't mind both of them, but Milo is embarrassed to deliver lines and Mandy is just a pretty face. I like the timeline aspect, but I don't think I'll ever watch another episode of This Is Us unless Stallone guest stars again.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:53 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Just watched Number One, which did a good job of making me care about Kevin for the first time (not to mention a solid performance from Justin Hartley).

I think I may be most surprised and impressed overall by Milo Ventimiglia. He lapses so effortlessly into young, jovial, life-loving Jack and beaten-down, aged, world-weary Jack. I never expected the wooden actor from Heroes to actually have good acting chops.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 pm
New Server, Same X

Just watched Super Bowl Sunday. I stayed spoiler-free, although I didn't really think I needed to avoid spoilers. It was obvious where the show was going, but I didn't know at all that Jack didn't die IN the fire. That was a nice surprise. But obviously it was coming, the show itself built it up.

Everyone was so fantastic. Milo, Mandy, Sterling, Justin, Chrissy. If one of the male leads wins an Emmy, I'm sure it'll be Sterling, but Milo has been amazing and Justin's showcase in Number One puts him in the running too. And it was a crime to see Mandy go without an Emmy nomination last year, so I hope she gets one this year.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:22 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Mandy is killing it and it would be absurd if she wasn't recognized. And I say this as someone who basically hate watches this. She's amazing.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

Really? I thought I would hate it by now, but I'm invested in it. I normally don't go for things that are so actively trying to tug at your heartstrings, but I feel like they do it well enough each week. And maybe it's less to do with the writing, which I admit can be average at best, and more to do with the performances. Mandy kills it every week, and I think Milo is a huge surprise for me in how well he does. Mandy has the advantage because she basically plays three separate characters, in a sense.

I still love Sterling and I find Justin has been solid since the Number One episode. I still groan when I see Chrissy on screen, I feel like they have no direction for that character. She bounces between "I'm growing, I'm evolving" to "Please pity me but also don't look at me, I hate myself and shame on you for caring about me", which gets old.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am
New Server, Same X

And it's kind of a copout that Ron Cephas Jones is still in the main cast.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Sterling and his family make this show. Justin was great on his episode, so I'm interested in where his character goes. I don't really care about Chrissy's story much, but it has moments. But most of the great non-Randall stuff comes from Mandy/Milo in the past.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just starting watching this and am liking it a lot so far. All the actors have been outstanding, especially Chrissy Metz.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:11 pm
New Server, Same X

A good, straight-up drama in its first two seasons. I can't see where you won't like it. I'm actually jealous that you get to binge the first two seasons as a new viewer.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 am
Devil's Advocate

The first half of the season was only decent, but the last batch of episodes have been outstanding between revisiting the “Big 3 each get an episode” idea and the one where Rebecca got lost. The Randall home intruder episode was amazing

- I think Mandy Moore in this is becoming one of my favorite TV performances. She is great in all three ages. The girl who plays teenage Kate is also a gem. The bipolar boyfriend storyline is done well, while off the rails you can also see he’s still human and just deeply messed up

- I have always enjoyed Kevin’s storyline and trying to figure out who is baby momma us is fun (I think it's Sophie). It was mean when I thought for an episode I would get to watch Sophia Bush be his OTP for the rest of the series, then he was just her hall pass :(

- CrossFit Toby deserves a knuckle sandwich for being obsessed with what his blind son is not, though it’s somewhat realistic and I’m sure they will make him rebound and become a better father

Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:57 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I still think Randall's family is the best part of the show. Though they're really rounding out the characters now.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:04 pm
New Server, Same X

Just finished Kevin's episode in the "A Hell of a Week" trilogy. Man, if you told me I'd be most invested right now in Kevin back when this show started, I'd never believe you. But I really, really like his storyline, between his quest to find his soul mate (it has to be Sophie, right? Right?!) and being with Nicky for a bunch of episodes, I think he's my favorite character. Sterling, Milo and Mandy get all the praise, rightfully so, but I'm really into Justin Hartley's performance. It's more understated than everyone else, but it's really believable.

I've never been really into any "Will they or won't they?" storylines. Mulder and Scully, Niles and Daphne, Ross and Rachel... loved the shows, but I don't know if I've ever thought "These two NEED to be together". But... Kevin and Sophie have to be together, if not this season, then before the series' end. Even if she isn't the fiancee that's mentioned, she has to be his soul mate. But I'd respect the show too if they didn't go that way. Watching Good Will Hunting's ending felt like their way of closing that chapter.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yea, I'm into the who's Kevin's spouse game as well. I'm gonna say Sophie cause they had a last scene of her looking at the ring etc. If the last scene was them watching Good Will Hunting I think I would have guessed it's the end. I don't think it would be Madison cause Sophie's mom told him to not settle. Sophie makes sense cause I think the point of the Sophia Bush episode was his story wasn't going to be the same as Jack's or Randall's so when he really tried to find the love at first sight type connection it blew up in his face. Sophie would be a very different arc than Jack and Rebecca with a marriage, divorce and then another break up later before working it out.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:29 pm
New Server, Same X

The Cabin was a gut punch. The ending where they listened to Jack's cassette message... that killed me. Then that brief flash forward where we see Kevin fulfills Jack's dream. Really good moment. The flash forwards could have ended up being a bad idea but they've been good so far, and nicely sprinkled throughout the last two seasons. Just enough.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next