Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Knick (Cinemax) 
now we know

Post Re: The Knick (Cinemax)
Episode 9 (the cocaine-shortage episode) was great, and Nurse Elkins really showed her intentions. I absolutely love her.

And Herman Barrow is some character! The weight of the world is on his shoulders as he tries to secretly find supplies and fund the hospital that he's responsible for. He's such a dodgy fella, and the casting of Bobb is fantastic.

Damn I love this show.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:25 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Episode 10 is awesome. The culmination in their storylines was terrific. The ones I wish we had seen a resolution of is "Typhoid Mary" and Thackery's old flame with the missing nose. Those seemed to be left open.

Anyway, all-in-all it's a cracking achievement. I love the history in view. Every aspect of its history is ultra intriguing.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Sounds like I should really check this show out.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am
now we know

I would urge you to watch it. I am not sure if you will like it -- not because I doubt you will like it, but because I really have nothing to judge whether you will like it. I am not sure of your opinion on Clive Owen, period settings, medicine etc.

Another thing I adored about the show is how greatly Thackery dismisses people. Just a short "no" to pretty much anyone's question and it's an instant dismissal. Owen plays him brilliantly.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Glad you loved it, Algren. :) I enjoyed reading your episode-by-episode responses.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:08 pm
now we know

:)

Can't wait for season two.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The trailer for season two is pretty good. Not great, but good.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Fantastic premiere. It felt as if it lasted 20 minutes. ;) It just flew by, yet perfectly reintroduced the characters and set the stage for new conflicts and journeys.

The left-field aesthetic continues to be incredible. No other series resembles this in regard to photography and sound. I have said it before, but it does a wonderful job of presenting history in a vivid, immediate type of present tense.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:37 pm
Pure Phase

The second season is incredibly strong so far. The second episode contains a few incredibly suspenseful and well-shot sequences.

I wonder if the people at Cinemax are satisfied with the ratings. A lot of people on social media seem to have watched the first season during its period of HBO Go availability, having not heard of it before.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:35 pm
Pure Phase

Blistering, heart-wrenching finale. Everyone not watching this should be ashamed. ;)

Cinemax has commissioned an outline for a prospective third season, which, if green-lit, will presumably almost play as a new series after the wild events of last night's episode. So many arcs concluded, and so many perceptions were turned upside down.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:08 pm
now we know

I just watched 5 hours of season two. It's just great television. It's unique. You look back and think "what was so great about it?" and you may struggle to think of specific scenes, but when you're watching it, each plot line is engrossing. Soderbergh films it in such a way that you cannot take your eyes off it, plus the score, and the era, it's so addictive.

I'll try to finish the remaining five episodes tomorrow.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

So I've finished the second season. I don't remember as much sex being in season one. But anyway, it's a captivating finale. No way they could make a third season. Thackery is dead, Gallinger's off to teach the Germans about wiping out the Jews, Cornelia's gone to Australia, and Robertson's dead. The only ones left worth making a new season for are Algernon and Barrow. I suppose they could make Berty's character more central, but Harriet and Cleary's story is done. Ugh, without Thack it's no point.

Anyway, fantastic show. I will miss it.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2