Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Survivor: Winners at War 
Devil's Advocate

Post Survivor: Winners at War
Is anyone else watching this insane season?

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:58 pm
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Survivor: Winners at War
I am, but I was disappointed that so many of the noteworthy players were voted off early. Always love a good chaotic tribal. Good on Adam for taking a shot on that set decoration.

Also, what's with the weird theme song they keep using in the last few episodes? It felt kind of dramatic the first time but now it's distracting.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:09 pm
New Server, Same X

Also I was checking out the Wiki page for it and I had no idea Survivor is still consistently a top three show in Canada. Averages around 2 million viewers. Crazy it's still so popular after 20 years.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

I was cheering for all the old school players as well and Adam was my favorite of the ones I didn't know, but at least you get to see them on Edge of Extinction. I read a good take that the upside of things going this way is that it paves the way for some new iconic players. Ones like Rob/Amber, Sandra and Parvati had their time already and should retire after this season. Adam will now be a fan favorite, and I'm sure the producers were whispering in Denise's ear that if she made her big power move she would become a famous player win or lose. I'll probably go back and watch the original season of whoever wins, I watched the first episode of David vs Goliath and it was pretty fun/dramatic despite knowing Nick is going to win, I also feel like I knew him better already as he talked about in the first episode how his mom died from a drug overdose. It was also fun to see John Morrison on Survivor.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

Great ending to one of the best reality TV seasons ever. The right person definitely won for me, it would've felt wrong with the king of kings survivor winner being someone who got voted out first, although Natalie still played a great game with the cards she was given. King Tony is perfect, he dominated the game. I agree with Rob that Natalie should've taken on Tony in the fire challenge herself, eliminating the biggest threat was her only way to push her over the edge of having enough respect from the jury to win, otherwise I think Sarah would've beaten her if she got through Tony in the fire challenge. Michelle played a great game too always having to survive at the bottom and deserved more votes.

Fri May 15, 2020 6:12 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

I loved the season, probably a Top 3 one. Tony played such a dominating game and Michele has also been one of my favorites and I hope she could have gotten second here. Just a such solid group and so much fun each week. Would have loved to have Todd and Jenna on this season but makes sense why they weren't given some of their post-Survivor situations.

I do wish we saw some more old school/new school alliances like a Rob and Tony one if any old schoolers made merge. Also wish Tony v. Kim went a bit longer.

Probably Top 10 currently:

1/2. Heroes v. Villains/Winners at War
3. Tocantins
4. China
5. Micronesia
6. The Amazon
7. David vs. Goliath
8. Guatemala
9. Cagayan
10. Kaoh Rong

Sat May 16, 2020 1:42 am
Profile WWW
---------

Was a indeed one of the best seasons. I'm so happy Tony is a 2-timer winner. So crazy he was able to pull it off.

Sat May 16, 2020 1:54 pm
New Server, Same X

I hated Tony on the first half of his first season, but he grew on me until he won. Didn't remember he went so early in Game Changers, but glad to see he outlasted and won this season. He's the type of player a Russell Hantz wished they were back in the day.

I wasn't rooting for her, especially to come back into the game, but for the hand she was dealt, Natalie made the most of her second life. And I feel bad for Michelle. She made it to final three on an all-winners season, so that's an accomplishment.

Crazy that Tony and "Lacina" have competed together for three seasons and this is the furthest they made it together.

Tue May 19, 2020 2:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

I finished Survivor Cagayen and enjoyed it a lot. Spencer the superfan who always found himself against the odds was a great character, same with Kass who somehow ended up the most reviled for largely passive aggressive reasons despite Tony backstabbing nearly everyone. And Woo who thinks and talks like Jason from the Good Place, proves it by taking Tony instead of Kass to the end. Some good eye candy as well with the Beauty/Brain/Brawn gimmick, and some hilarious early exits like J'Tia, the worst player of all time

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:03 am
Devil's Advocate

I’m watching Micronesia and just got to the Erik episode, and lmao, that poor boy.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]