Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 "The Fosters" (New ABC Family Show) 
Wallflower

Post "The Fosters" (New ABC Family Show)

The Fosters is a compelling, one-hour drama about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms. Stef Foster (Teri Polo), a dedicated police officer, and her partner Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), a school Vice Principal, have built a close-knit, loving family with Stef's biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin). Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell), a hardened teen with an abusive past who has spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it's just for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.

Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling with their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren't sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.

Brandon, a talented musician with a kind soul, lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters' high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He's faced with a tough decision when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past. What happens next will determine if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home - and their hearts - for one more.

From executive producer Jennifer Lopez, and created by Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige, who will also serve as writers and executive producers, The Fosters stars Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, newcomer Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci and Cierra Ramirez. Joanna Johnson, Elaine Goldsmith Thomas, Benny Medina and Greg Gugliotta will also serve as executive producers. The series is produced by Nuyorican Productions, Inc., and Prodco, Inc.

Just saw an ad for this in Entertainment Weekly. I'll definitely check it out. Premieres June 3rd.

Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: "The Fosters" (New ABC Family Show)
The 5-minute preview that always shows before trailers at the movie theater is eye-roll worthy, especially one of the kid's delivery of "a toothbrush, where would I get a toothbrush?"

Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 am
Extraordinary

Well I started watching this after I read about the apparently history making moment between a couple of the kids. First, I'm watching this currently on Netflix and it's very soap opera like but I have really been enjoying the show. I like the parents and the dynamic and incorporating some details of the foster system. Currently, I'm on season 1 episode 9. It's still going strong so far.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:37 am
Wallflower

I really need to start watching this. I still haven't seen an episode. :P

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 pm
Extraordinary

I'm getting close to finishing season one now. I think I got 4 more eps to go. I'm getting a bit tired of Callie. The way she smushes or crinkles her mouth sometimes is such an annoying thing now. It's getting frustrating but I still like the story and how it's progressing. I can't believe how these kids keep doing stupid stuff all the time. Every episode. Let's start focusing on relationships or teachable moments without the kids always turning to the dark side.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:29 pm
Extraordinary

Finally all caught up the Fosters. I like Jude storylines. His sister Callie is just too annoying for me though. Mariana is becoming a more interesting character. Seeing her use her interaction with guys is interesting. They replaced Jesus with a new actor. He's okay but more animated than the previous actor. One of the mothers is going through drastic medical surgery because she has a breast cancer gene. That's a topic I'm pretty interested in.

#MAGA #KAG!

Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:37 am
Extraordinary

I'm the only one watching this apparently but this wench kali is now kissing her transgender male friend. The tramp has a boyfriend already and this lady has slept around this show. God dang this is a wack character. She's facing hit and run charges on top of her brain fart actions.

#MAGA #KAG!

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:41 pm
Wallflower

I'm still watching but honestly I'm so bored with this show. Wish they'd bring Connor back. Then maybe I'd be interested again. Fucking hate the new Jesus actor. Not that I loved him before but this new one cannot act and annoys the hell out of me.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:08 pm
Extraordinary

Netflix finally got the next batch of episodes and I'm watching those enjoying what's happening. It was very immigration centric for these 10-13 episodes I was watching. Kali is much more mature. Jude was extremely exploratory. Mariana has turned into Kali. Jesus is finally getting past that TBI. I love the parents and enjoyed the season. Now, we get to graduation and all of a sudden it's Kali getting a law scholarship and next thing you know it's the next graduation of Mariana and Jesus going places. I'm like what... Then Jude is going to UCLA and Taylor somewhere. I'm like...is this the series finale. I googled and apparently it was though it had like three final episodes to get us up to speed with the older characters a few years in where Kali is now a lawyer and the son is getting married. It was all interesting. There is a spinoff apparently coming centered on Kali and her lawyering. Idk how interested in that I'd be.

#MAGA #KAG!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:22 am
Wallflower

I enjoyed the final three episodes with everyone being adults. I'll give the spin-off a watch.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]