Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
The Kramer

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
Sure it would have been nice to se the battle between the Watch and the Others, but we know the show doesn't have the money for that. All of the main players for this season appeared. The second episode can reestablish the secondary plotlines. This season already has a brisk pace compared to the first two.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 am
Extraordinary

I thought the episode did what it was suppose to do, set up the season. From what I read, the first two episodes set things up and then big things happen in 3 and 4.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

The first half of Season 3 looks to be a little flat just like the book - then it heats up. Solid episode but could have been better.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm
Extraordinary

People who have seen episodes 3 and 4 have said they are amazing.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Stop hating on the Game. The hating should be reserved for Homeland and the Walking Dead that truely deserve it.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am
Devil's Advocate

Thrones is good, but to me it's in the group with Homeland, Dexter, Justified as just having a gear short, of what a Breaking Bad or Mad Men has. Difference between a great show and a masterpiece.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:14 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
i mean, homelands a joke at this point. TWD is what it is. It has few moments of greatness with a lot of dullness. I think both those shows have reached their potential.

GoT though I think can go down as one of the best shows ever made (this is mostly reliant on the fact as to whether the show will finish and whether GRRM will actually finish the books ahead of the show). But it still doesn't change the fact that its become much more a show that works on a binge-watching level than a week-to-week.

Very true. It neds to be watched in one season block at a time but it's hard to do now that the show is such a hit. Personally, as a long time fan of the books I enjoy the show but rank it behind the likes of Mad Men and Boardwalk as a show. But maybe part of that is because I know what's going to happen.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 am
Extraordinary

Great episode, better than last week but that was partly because we finally get Arya, Bran, and Jamie scenes. They were all great, and I just love character of Ayra Stark, and Thoros of Myr didn't disappoint. The introduction of the Queen of Thorns was cool and Diana Rigg was amazing in that scene. Not sure where they are going with Theon, as long as it isn't endless torture scenes.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm
Profile WWW

I don't like the 180 they did on Catelyn about Jon Snow. It just feels different from the book. I look forward to next week's episode because the second episode was rather boring. Also, I hope that Theon story change will go somewhere since it deviates much from the book.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 pm
Extraordinary

I didn't mind the change with her because it doesn't make her look as bad. I always thought Martin made her seem a little too harsh there. I think they have to do something different with Theon, otherwise it will get either very boring or violent.

I did think it was funny that Gendry called out Arya for not sending Jaquin of to kill Tywin. It was a huge mistake on her part.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

All the new characters introduced this episode were aces. Olenna, Jojen, and Thoros. Among the older characters, Margeary is quickly becoming a favorite. If all 10 episodes were released at once, I'd sit through all 10-straight hours. :upsidedown:

And can you believe the actor playing Joffrey is 20 years old?! It wasn't until I read a recent article that I always guessed he was 15 or 16 years tops.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

They are doing a great job hiding his age. Too bad Bran has sprouted up, he looks much older than last season, Arya looks about the same, and I wouldn't want to change her. She is a great young actress.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I love the new old lady character...

Its the Dowager Countess of Game of Thrones lol

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

This episode was just about perfect. Much much better than the last. Nothing misses really.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 am

IMO, I thought it was probably the worst episode that they have in the series so far. Too many deviations on the episode as I mentioned and we didn't even get Butterbumps performing "Bear and Maiden Fair" during the Sansa confession to Olena.

I hate how they give too much screen time to Shae and Margerey in the show when their presence was much smaller in the books. From the way the show is going, I sense a big deviation once again with Shae's ongoing affair with Sansa in the show. I hope god they don't do this.

Spoiler: show
Having Shae subbing in for Sir Dontos during Sansa's escape from the purple wedding thus ruining another arc about Shae betraying Tyrion in the court.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am
Extraordinary

Actually I don't think they will change that. I suspect
Roz will be taking Dontos place. Shae doesn't trust Littlefinger, although Roz doesn't right now but that could change since she works for him

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

El Murato wrote:
IMO, I thought it was probably the worst episode that they have in the series so far. Too many deviations on the episode as I mentioned and we didn't even get Butterbumps performing "Bear and Maiden Fair" during the Sansa confession to Olena.

I hate how they give too much screen time to Shae and Margerey in the show when their presence was much smaller in the books. From the way the show is going, I sense a big deviation once again with Shae's ongoing affair with Sansa in the show. I hope god they don't do this.

Having Shae subbing in for Sir Dontos during Sansa's escape from the purple wedding thus ruining another arc about Shae betraying Tyrion in the court.

Interesting as I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series so far.

In regards to Shae (and Ros) I agree to an extent,
though I really couldnt care less if they use Dontos or not but I doubt they will use Shae to sub in (I hope not anyway). She needs to be with Tywin...

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
El Murato wrote:

Interesting as I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series so far.

In regards to Shae (and Ros) I agree to an extent,
though I really couldnt care less if they use Dontos or not but I doubt they will use Shae to sub in (I hope not anyway). She needs to be with Tywin...

I think Shae will betray Tyrion because of him marrying Sansa. They have kind of set that up in this episode. So far, Dontos part has been replaced with Littlefinger, the only question is will they use somebody to help Sansa escape and then kill. I think Ros is possible there.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jedi - yes agree completely. Looks likely.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm
Extraordinary

Fuck the books. Let the show be its own thing. It is not a staged reading. (And Shae is much, much more interesting in the show, and Margaery looks to end up that way as well.)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm
Extraordinary

They have to follow some things that happened in the book. I wouldn't want certain characters like
Robb surviving the Red Wedding
The show has to follow the main storyline and what happens to the major characters. As for Shae, I hope the same thing happens to her the book because it was
tragic
. I don't mind changing some things, but the main story needs to stay the same.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I dont mind little changes. To me the books are the books and the show is the show. Having read the books I actually like to see new surprises with the show.

I think the show will continue to be faithful to the books until the end of book 3. With books 4 and 5 - they will certainly need to condense and take some liberties. Especially with book 4 which would be a snooze on screen.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah they will have to change some things in book 4, but I suspect the changes won't effect the major plot points.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Arya is awesome, her story is great. I can't wait to see more of her story this season with the Brotherhood without Banners.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah so far the Arya story has been more interesting than in the books.

In regards to Jaime - this should be his season and I'd expect more character building over the coming episodes.

And yes Ep 2 was much better than Ep 1.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next