Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion
shitcunt wrote:
In the last episode she starts riling up the unsullied to do the same "breaking the wheel" massacre shit all the way up to Winter fell. King's Landing you can almost forgive for the twist element; her sudden desire to fuck up the whole of Westeros made as much sense as if she'd walked out, lifted her dress, and shat out a fucking easter egg.

Then, to make matters even more fucked, Jon Snow, who'd been devasted when that first wave of soldiers were killed in The Bells, he suddenly starts defending her burning the whole city to Tyrion; and apparently missed everything she said in her speech. Love might do a lot of things, but it won't do that.

And wasn't it great how Snow's whole claim to the throne, and his lineage as a Targarian, suddenly evaporated into him being locked in a cell? They tied his arc up but cutting it off altogether, as though that entire subplot hadn't even existed.

Tyrion didn't even attempt to convince grey worm, just went straight to the wheelchair sorcerer because he listened to his story one night. Lazy as fuck, just for the sake of remaining unpredictable - Sansa and Tyrion and Bran together, given their collective persuasiveness and apparent authority over the will of the unsullied, could have very easily made Jon king - not that he would've been the most interesting option, but the end result made as much sense as Aragorn losing the throne of Gondor in the final act of ROTK, to Samwise. That's how fucking stupid it was.

Extremely shit end, to a sometimes impressive season, of a show that overall deserved a lot better.

I still think the first half of the last episode was awesome, would have been better if it really earned it though.
It's just shocking still how much they wanted to get the series over with as fast as possible..

Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

The more I think about the finale the more I'm ok with and understand what happened with Daenerys in the final two episodes. I've been rewatching a lot of old clips and there's really no other way the story could've gone. This isn't Disney.

But the ending with Bran is a MESS. And especially the part with Sansa getting independence for the north just like that with no one (especially Yara??) complaining about why didn't their kingdoms get independence too.

I think Jon ending up where he started makes sense and is kind of poetic (considering he died there as well), but it was too rushed and the way they sidestep his lineage was simply poor storytelling. It's hilarious that these bobbleheads rushed the finale to make a couple of Star Wars movies...they had a chance to end something of their own making perfectly instead of adding to someone else's legacy.

I will say that Drogon burning down the Iron Throne has to be one of the best moments of the series though. It pretty much made the finale for me and is the main reason I'm somewhat satisfied.

Sat May 25, 2019 12:53 am
Forum General

Barrabás wrote:
The more I think about the finale the more I'm ok with and understand what happened with Daenerys in the final two episodes. I've been rewatching a lot of old clips and there's really no other way the story could've gone. This isn't Disney.

But the ending with Bran is a MESS. And especially the part with Sansa getting independence for the north just like that with no one (especially Yara??) complaining about why didn't their kingdoms get independence too.

I think Jon ending up where he started makes sense and is kind of poetic (considering he died there as well), but it was too rushed and the way they sidestep his lineage was simply poor storytelling. It's hilarious that these bobbleheads rushed the finale to make a couple of Star Wars movies...they had a chance to end something of their own making perfectly instead of adding to someone else's legacy.

I will say that Drogon burning down the Iron Throne has to be one of the best moments of the series though. It pretty much made the finale for me and is the main reason I'm somewhat satisfied.

I thought Yara already secured independence for the Iron Islands, but I guess that point is unclear.

Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Keeping it Light

That was a pretty terrible last episode, to a disappointing last season. The spectacle was there, but character development was poor and the story became uninteresting.

Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: "Game of Thrones" Season 6
I think recapping the show by grading each season I'll go:
S1, S6, S7: B+
S2, S3, S4, S5: B
S8: C

Also it's pretty fun reading back on previous posts.

Magnus wrote:
Jamie HAS to kill Cersei. Anything short of this is a giant mistake.

zwackerm wrote:
With Dany's heavy handed "I trust you!" To Tyrion, he's so obviously going to betray her. How I don't know.

Mon May 27, 2019 7:59 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

zwackerm wrote:
It’s not childish to have legitimate criticisms of a tv show. Just because you disagree doesn’t make their complaints invalid.

Seems like at least 7/10 people were unsatisfied with the final season. That's a big bummer and certainly not just a matter of taste or people whinging for the sake of whinging.

I've always been a show apologist but it's hard to support some of the decisions they made in the final season.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue May 28, 2019 2:20 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Season Rankings

Season 3 (A)
Season 6 (A)
Season 4 (A)

Season 1 (A-)
Season 7 (A-)

Season 5 (B+)
Season 2 (B)

Season 8 (C)

Rankings will probably change once ive re watched the lot.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 am
New Server, Same X

Anyone watch The Last Watch? It was a documentary that aired last Sunday showing some behind the scenes of the last season. Some of it is interesting, but it was extremely dry and felt more like a good extended blu-ray special feature than something that should have been televised. It should have either been a lot longer and covered a lot more ground, or it needed to be condensed and given more interesting content.

It did show the immense amount of work that went into the show. Ignoring any praise or criticism for the writing, the actual production is incredible. I suppose it's disappointing in that regard to see all the complaints of the show's writing and it bleeds over into the show itself, whether or not people actually differentiate the writing from the production in their critiques. I know anyone with half a brain would know that people aren't saying the show LOOKED cheap by any means, but still. Seeing the work go into it is something else. Can't imagine how much patience these people have to do this kind of work.

If the writing didn't fail the show so spectacularly for most people, this last season would be talked about for years to come. It still will be, but for all the wrong reasons.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:32 pm
Forum General

It took some time, but after years of hype I finally binged all 8 seasons of this show and WOW is all I have to say. I can definitely see why people were obsessed over this for so many years. Just epic stuff from beginning to end even though it does feel quite small in the beginning compared to the later half of the show. The buildup and the payoff are so worth it though, especially when you get to seasons 6 and 7. Watched all 6 episodes of the final season last night and while I can see why so many were dissapointed overall I think I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I don't know maybe its because I'm not as emotionally invested in these characters as everyone else is, but it didn't piss me off at any point, although certain resolutions were definitely on the lackluster side with the fates of both Jamie and Cersei being the biggest ones IMO along with that so called final confrontation between The Hound and The Mountain. That fight was really poorly directed as was the majority of the battle at Winterfell. I thought people were seriously exaggerating on how dark and poorly lit that episode was, but holy shit I don't think I could make out more than 70-80% of the stuff that was happening.

This season definitely felt rushed compared to the others and its easily the weakest, but I'd still be down more spin-off shows. An Arya Stark show seems like almost a given and I would love to spend more time in this world and learn about the mythology. I don't see how there won't be more stuff with John Snow either considering how massively popular the character is.

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 pm
Forum General

Ranking the Seasons:

Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7: A
Season 1, Season 2: B+
Season 8: B-

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 pm
Keeping it Light

I wondered if you ever watched GoT, so that answers my question. Cool you binged it all at once.
It certainly offered some of TV's best and entertaining episodes, but for seasons as a whole I often got frustrated with it too and just a shame the last season was kind of botched.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:30 am
Veteran

To me the show nailed the landing, despite the pacing. Why? I'm a huge fan of the book and JJ Martin's work. S8 revealed the broad strokes of how the season ends and for that I'm grateful. I absolutely love how the story turned out and it brushes over the show's execution issues.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:21 am
Extraordinary

You actually were happy that Bran the Breaker of Shows was labeled the King.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59