Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
The last 15 minutes were pretty fantastic, especially since I wasn't a fan of Robb at all and they actually made me feel for him more in that segment than they have in the entire run of the show. Poor Catelyn :tears:

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:02 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

It was quite brutal and lived up to the book. It is interesting they killed off Talisa. I suppose the story for Jeyne in the book won't go anywhere.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Sooooo sad :(

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:13 am
Extraordinary

Magnus wrote:
Cat's scream at the end was so weak. Awful acting.

You are fucking insane. She's amazing in that moment.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 am
The Kramer

https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

:funny: People are pissed!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:16 am
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

:funny: People are pissed!

:funny: wow

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:40 am
ha ha, charade you are

I have to agree with the Dark Shape on that point...

OMFG... so after the previous episode I knew Robb was in for it, but I thought his demise would be at the hand of the Lannisters or something. What happened to protecting your guests? Wow, just wow.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Magnus wrote:

She was good in everything of that episode except that moment. It was on the level of Spock's scream at the end of STID.

Would you have rather have her yell out NOOOOOOOO!!!! or KHAAAANNN! instead?
It was pretty similar to how it was written in the book except with her clawing at her own face.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:20 am

In a way season 3 will be about the mourning of the characters of the show while season 4 will be the opposite and celebrating it instead.

Spoiler: show
Can't wait till see what Joffrey, Tywin and Gregor get whats coming to them

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:21 am

Floydboy wrote:
I have to agree with the Dark Shape on that point...

OMFG... so after the previous episode I knew Robb was in for it, but I thought his demise would be at the hand of the Lannisters or something. What happened to protecting your guests? Wow, just wow.

This would be addressed in the next few episodes and will sully reputations.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am
Sbil

I haven't even begun the odyssey of catching up with this show yet but my various social media feeds were BLOWING THE HELL UP last night.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:31 am

Magnus wrote:
To book people:

Thoughts on having Robb's wife killed in the wedding? I thought it was a very good change from the books. In fact, the most brutal thing is them stabbing her stomach. Cat and Robb got it fairly easy in the show really compared to her.

I also liked that they had Cat kill Frey's wife instead.

At least with that change, it tells me that Jeyne won't be an important character in the books post red wedding. It dispels rumors that she is pregnant with Rob's kid and that she is being hidden away by the Tullys

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 am

Magnus wrote:
El Murato wrote:
Magnus wrote:
To book people:

Thoughts on having Robb's wife killed in the wedding? I thought it was a very good change from the books. In fact, the most brutal thing is them stabbing her stomach. Cat and Robb got it fairly easy in the show really compared to her.

I also liked that they had Cat kill Frey's wife instead.

At least with that change, it tells me that Jeyne won't be an important character in the books post red wedding. It dispels rumors that she is pregnant with Rob's kid and that she is being hidden away by the Tullys

My thoughts as well. When the show introduced her pregancy I thought that maybe her character would play a bigger part. Seems likely now that she gets just forgotten with in the books, either by getting killed by some random event or just literally never referenced again.

I think that perhaps GRRM had thought of having her pregnant when he wrote Storm of Swords but decided it would make an already extremely complex plot even more crazy so is likely not gonna do anything with her in the books.

Yeah but the whole plot of her being pregnant collides with the situation with Robb wanting to make Jon Snow his heir till it was shot down by Catelyn. Still I would have liked to have seen that scene in the show but it will have made Cate more despised.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 am
Forum General

This show is getting quite cynical now

Have honour, you die..

Be a douchebag... epic win!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

There is no way Jon is killed. ^^^^

Really no reason for a author to put so much effort in character and kill it with no real purpose.

Anyways I think the season finale will have Lady Cat back from the dead, I think that will end the series on somewhat on a positive and will keep people with the show

Robb broke an oath but Frey and Bolton broken the most sacred of oaths and that was the guest right..

Breaking that leaves you with no honour at all.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

Magnus wrote:
Also, think about this (BIG BIG SPOILER FROM BOOK 5 SO DONT CLICK):

its probably gonna be about 2-3 years until we get a moment like last night again. Yes, Joffery, Tywin, Lysa, etc. all die but those weren't characters that the collective group of people really rooted for that much.

We won't have this moment again until Jon gets stabbed, which probably won't be until the end of season 5 or end of season 6 (hard to know how fast they'll cover books 4/5. It's possible they could bring some stuff of those books into season 4, and then cut out a lot of stuff so they can be caught up by season 5).

in any case, last night was a special moment for social media that we should chersih.

I don't think they need a tragic moment like this every season. Having Tywin and Joffrey dead will make people go YES!YES! Ding Dong and illicit the same reaction. Jon being dead is inconclusive and could easily be a false lead like Davos Seaworth's beheading was later on.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Magnus wrote:
Mannyisthebest wrote:
There is no way Jon is killed. ^^^^

Really no reason for a author to put so much effort in character and kill it with no real purpose.

Anyways I think the season finale will have Lady Cat back from the dead, I think that will end the series on somewhat on a positive and will keep people with the show

Regardless if he's dead or not, he's still gonna get stabbed and they'll probably make it appear that he is dead so the reaction will be huge.

You forgot that they tried that with Bran and Rickon and will do that later on with Davos. People will get catch on

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:06 pm
The Kramer

Predictions

Season finale - No royal wedding. Cersei yelling "Seize him!" would make a great season finale, but I just can't see them introducing a bunch of new characters at the end of the season. Also no zombie Cat. One episode isn't long enough for that to have a sufficient impact. Something good has to happen to the good guys though. Maybe we reintroduce Ser Dontos?

Season 4 episode 9 - Oberyn vs Gregor and Tyrion's escape/patricide.

Season 5 episode 9 - Jon gets got.

So that gives GRRM two/three years to catch up to things.

I'm still not entirely sure Jon will come back. Yeah he's Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised, etc... That was such a huge moment though and fit right in with all the other honorable character's deaths. I also think Martin is salty that the internet figured out his origins so early. :P Also also, not sure this ever came up in the book, but it's established in the show that Melisandre is not able to give life, only take it away. So Jon is going to need Thoros of Myr to hop on a caravan real quick. Although Cat giving up her undead powers to Jon would be a fantastic dramatic arc...

Unless he just stays as Ghost-Warg for the rest of the series which would be awesome.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Predictions

Season finale - No royal wedding. Cersei yelling "Seize him!" would make a great season finale, but I just can't see them introducing a bunch of new characters at the end of the season. Also no zombie Cat. One episode isn't long enough for that to have a sufficient impact. Something good has to happen to the good guys though. Maybe we reintroduce Ser Dontos?

Season 4 episode 9 - Oberyn vs Gregor and Tyrion's escape/patricide.

Season 5 episode 9 - Jon gets got.

So that gives GRRM two/three years to catch up to things.

I'm still not entirely sure Jon will come back. Yeah he's Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised, etc... That was such a huge moment though and fit right in with all the other honorable character's deaths. I also think Martin is salty that the internet figured out his origins so early. :P Also also, not sure this ever came up in the book, but it's established in the show that Melisandre is not able to give life, only take it away. So Jon is going to need Thoros of Myr to hop on a caravan real quick. Although Cat giving up her undead powers to Jon would be a fantastic dramatic arc...

Unless he just stays as Ghost-Warg for the rest of the series which would be awesome.

I doubt they will have Lady Stoneheart but I think the season finale could introduce Coldhands saving Samwell

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:59 pm
Extraordinary

Magnus wrote:
it is possible you know for an actor/actress to do a lot of things right in a scene and still mess up one small part.

Except she didn't mess it up. It wasn't a scream, it's a wail. There's a difference. The way the air sort of just goes out of her is amazing.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 pm
Extraordinary

You mean like the uncontrollable act of a crazy woman after watching her son, his wife, and their unborn child be murdered in front of her?

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Pfft

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:27 pm
Romosexual!

Magnus wrote:
The justification for the scream/wail/whatever the fuck you want to call it is not the issue. The actresses' execution of said act is. It felt like bad stage acting you'd see at some community college rendition of Shakespeare.

She did great :( I felt soo bad for her like it was real

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:35 pm
Extraordinary

Magnus wrote:
The justification for the scream/wail/whatever the fuck you want to call it is not the issue. The actresses' execution of said act is. It felt like bad stage acting you'd see at some community college rendition of Shakespeare.

Have you ever actually seen a community college rendition of Shakespeare?

You are literally the only person saying this. On the internet. Which complains about everything.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:58 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

As always, Magnus is wrong about everything.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 59  Next