Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
They better not exclude the bank of Braavos in the series. The end plot will be that the bank of Braavos sitting the Iron Throne.

Wed May 15, 2013 4:18 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

The Dark Shape wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Also - it appears that Dan and Dave & GRRM are the weakest writers on the show.

And I'd argue such an opinion is awfully silly, considering the three of them account for 80% of a season's output.

Vey silly. And poorly write by me. I meant to include directors for Dan and Dave not writers. Wasn't keen on episode 3 which they directed.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 15, 2013 4:49 pm
Site Owner

El Murato wrote:
They better not exclude the bank of Braavos in the series. The end plot will be that the bank of Braavos sitting the Iron Throne.

No it won't. They may decide the king, but there's more likely to be no one sitting the Iron Throne than the bank of Braavos.

Thu May 16, 2013 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

El Murato wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Havent seen the last two episodes yet but from most discussion and reviews they seem to be a step down from the previous episodes.

I think thats a product of stretching the Book into 2 seasons (and wanting to end with a big event). Book 3 does have alot of filler in the first half so was hoping the TV show would speed things up.

Instead they are spending needless time with Theon and drawn out talking sesions.

Also - it appears that Dan and Dave & GRRM are the weakest writers on the show.

Its not that. Its that they cut off a lot of meat from the Jaimie,Dany, Brendan and Edmure Tully and to some extent Davos chapters so that they could make room for some unnecessary scenes with Margarey. Book 3 was awesome from what I can remember but its not quite how it plays out in this season

Margaery is infinitely more important to what's going on right now than Davos or Brynden Tully.

Just because a scene isn't in the book doesn't mean it's unnecessary.

Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am
Site Owner

That's one of the reasons I love the show. In the books, you're limited to the POV's Martin gives you. So much happens outside the lens of the book, and the TV show has been able to bring a lot of that to light.

Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Talk that the producers will stick to 7 seasons to tell the ASOIAF story which is great. It may still tip over to 8 but 7 would be better. That way they can ensure they finish off Feast and Dance by end of Season 5 and not drag them out.

Sat May 18, 2013 6:39 pm

I doubt it will be just 4 more seasons since they have 4 1/2 more books to cover and two of them aren't written yet. Thats some serious cramming jus to get 4 books into 3 seasons. Besides it wasn't D&D that confirmed it but unless they are saving the last book for a trilogy of feature films. That would be alot of serious money to be made in theaters considering the success of Sex and the City.

Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm
Extraordinary

I could see them turning the last book into a trilogy. They would make more money that way.

Sat May 18, 2013 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

They are already covering some aspects of Book 5 at the moment so really - they'll finish off ASOS next season and also maybe 1/3 of Dance/Feast. Season 5 can then complete the rest of Dance/Feast (and maybe the start of Winds). That would leave a season each for Winds and Spring - which is doable if they are closer to the first two books in size.

The worst thing for the TV show would be to give Dance/Feast two full seasons or more. Plenty of fat to cut out or trim - Tyrion's travels, Dany ruling in Mereen, Brien's travels etc etc. They could really tighten these two books into a great season or season and a half.

Sun May 19, 2013 1:28 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Though really love the idea of the last book being turned into a feature film or three. But that is a long way away. Id be happy just to see Robert's Rebellion as a TV feature.

Sun May 19, 2013 1:29 am

The blood sacrifice with the leeches was like a huge spoiler. I loved that episode mainly because we don't get enough Stannis, Melisandre and Davos

Sun May 19, 2013 10:06 pm
Extraordinary

It was a wonderful episode, especially the last part with Sam the Slayer. I was glad to finally see that scene.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Another great episode.

Favorite scenes included: Cersei and Margaery, Tyrion and Shae's moment, Sam killing the White Walker. (And thank god Theon wasn't in an episode, finally)

Sam left his knife behind, though, didn't he? o.O

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well he was scared, and he might still have another one. There were several there when they dug them up.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

That was an awesome episode. Loved all the Lannister/Wedding stuff.

Mon May 20, 2013 3:24 am
The Kramer

A focused episode! Yay!

"Rains of Castamere" next week! I don't think they can just focus on one storyline ala "Blackwater", but we do have a lot of people converging.

Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 pm

You mean in two weeks? Its not airing any new episodes next week.

Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm
The Kramer

Shit you're right.

Spoiler: show
Is that because they don't want an episode where the bad guys win the war on Memorial Day?

Mon May 20, 2013 3:20 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

No, HBO often skips Memorial Day for ratings purposes. They left Blackwater on Memorial weekend last year and despite being the biggest episode of the year - it dipped in the ratings. They won't make the same mistake again.

Mon May 20, 2013 5:57 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Daario annoyed me, and dragged Daenerys down with him, but I liked the rest of the episode. I do wish Sansa would end up in a situation that's less gloomy, Sophie Turner is selling it, but it's getting kind of depressing to continuously see what's basically a kitten being mistreated.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 am

Book Daario is very puzzling on why women swoon over him. He doesn't sound particularly handsome, I mean he has gold teeth and ties his blue beard into 3 different knots. He also doesn't have a personality that women would fall in love with him since his is an equivalent of a modern day biker.

Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 am

Daario if they followed the books :funny:

Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Wow that was really heart breaking. To read it in the books is one thing but to see it onscreen.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm
The Kramer

OMG :tears: I've only been able to read that part once. This was far more brutal and horrific than I ever thought they could make it.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wow... I'm not this far in the books, so it was quite the shocker.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 59  Next