Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion
Since the first thread is getting way too crowded, I'll start a new one. Begins in a little less than 2 weeks. Also probably the best new trailer they have released thus far yesterday like it looks better than most movie trailers but it had to be really expensive. I dont think anything from last season looks better than the FX on the trailer except maybe parts of Blackwater

Last edited by El Maskado on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
I can't wait. I think this could be the best season so far.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

It should be great. How great depends on how much of Book 3 ends up in this season vs next season!

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 pm

Of Course, either way Tywin Lannister is Boss. I hope Charles Dance will get his emmy nomination by the end of season 4. Hes probably the one whos so perfectly cast

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm
We had our time together

Magnus wrote:
I think the end of this season will be (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY SO DON'T FUCKING CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

Spoiler: show
The Red Wedding.

Which would be a perfect way to end the season. Can't wait to see that.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well I suspect
the Red Wedding will happen at the end of Episode 9 kind of like Ned Stark died at the end of episode 9. Not sure how they will end the season. I don't think they will kill Joffrey. They could have the first big battle at the wall where Jon kills Yvgrett.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Super excited! And thanks for the spoiler tags. I'm only 2/3 if the way through Book 2.

Has anyone checked out the Histories and Lore special feature on the Season 2 blu-ray yet? The narration was perfect, the art wonderful. I've watched it twice so far.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
ha ha, charade you are

Corpse wrote:
Super excited! And thanks for the spoiler tags. I'm only 2/3 if the way through Book 2.

Has anyone checked out the Histories and Lore special feature on the Season 2 blu-ray yet? The narration was perfect, the art wonderful. I've watched it twice so far.

I love that stuff in the blu-ray! Excellently done and adds a lot to hear the actor's telling the stories.

I am super excited for this season. I am torn as the previous two seasons I have read the book and then watched the series, but I didn't have time to read the third book (even though everyone I know says it is the best of the series). So I don't really know the story line yet. Looking forward to it!!!

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 pm
Extraordinary

Wish I had time to rewatch the first 2 seasons but I'm excited!

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:52 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Well I suspect
the Red Wedding will happen at the end of Episode 9 kind of like Ned Stark died at the end of episode 9. Not sure how they will end the season. I don't think they will kill Joffrey. They could have the first big battle at the wall where Jon kills Yvgrett.

Its been years since I read Book 3 so when did
the dragons firing up at Astopor happen? Could that be a final episode? Surely they will keep the awesome mayhem after RW for Season 4.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 am
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Well I suspect

Its been years since I read Book 3 so when did
the dragons firing up at Astopor happen? Could that be a final episode? Surely they will keep the awesome mayhem after RW for Season 4.

that happens about the same time. I could see that happening in episode 10

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Season premier is tonight, and I can't wait.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Exciting. I'll probably watch both the encores, too.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Is it time yet

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 pm
ha ha, charade you are

Under 7 hours ... can't wait.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I read awhile back that they planned to make each episode a few minutes longer than previous seasons, essentially giving them an additional episode in the end with the allowed time for additional content. Is this still true?

I'd check myself, but I'm sure the titles for the first episodes are out there already and comment sections are far from spoiler-free.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I heard something about that. Most of the episodes last seasons were closer to 50 minutes than 60 so I could see them adding a few minutes.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:40 pm
Profile WWW

I wish they would have gone with the Arstan Whitebeard guise for Selmy. Other than that great episode

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Loved it :D

I was curious why Ser Barristan's dismissal from Season 1 was shown in the previous footage.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

El Murato wrote:
I wish they would have gone with the Arstan Whitebeard guise for Selmy. Other than that great episode

I am okay with that because it would have made Jorah look pretty stupid that he wouldn't recognize him. But I love Selmy and thought that was a very cool at the end. I do wonder if that girl was a servant to the warlocks or perhaps belongs to someone else.

I thought it was a great episode, introducing us to the main storys from this season. I really love the scene between Tyrion and Tywin and man he is such a bastard. But Dance better get an emmy nomination this season. He is amazing in the show.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

Agree about that with Tywin being a dick. Yeah I hope Charles Dances does get an emmy nod either this season or next.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:11 pm
ha ha, charade you are

Where do they come up with all these wonderful actors??? I loved Mance Rayder (King beyond the wall dude) and his introduction. I loved how that scene was done in his tent between Jon and Mance. One of the highlights for me.

The whole episode was great at introducing and transitioning from the previous season.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 pm
Extraordinary

I don't mind that, and they did that last season as well. Some characters will get more screen time in episodes than others. It is near impossible to do otherwise without getting all the story in.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile WWW

Magnus wrote:
eh honestly...it wasnt that good. Too little time honestly spent with most people. Tyrion and Dany only get any real time.

I think the show should really only have 2-3 focus characters per episode. Robb Stark essentially has a cameo in this episode just for the sake of appearing.

That whole interaction between Tyrion and Tywin was one of the very big highlights of that episode.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah, this and Walking Dead was a double disappointment last night. :( Aw well, next week's episode looks good.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next