Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Season 1 
The Wall

Post Re: Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Season 1
Revelations was the second best episode of the series and it was fucking awesome.

I don't know what I liked more. Great moments (in no particular order):

- Spartacus' bad ass fight with Roman soldiers
- Ilithya trying to fuck over Battiatus and Lucretia only to end up fucked completely and stuck in Capua
- Asher's revenge to Crixus
- Naevia telling Doctore about Barca

Shit hit the fan completely. I'll be disappointed if the final episode doesn't deliver. Heh. I never thought I'd expect THIS show could disappoint me when it started off. Hopefully Whitfeld will get well soon so the filming can continue.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

it's my favorite hour of television now. so sad this is ending sooo soon

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:51 pm
Too Brilliant for Introductions

Just watched the season finale. Went exactly how I expected, but seeing it happen was fuckin' priceless. Sweet sweet justice.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Oh, geez. I forgot it was already Friday. I didn't get to see last week's ep 'til yesterday, so... Can't wait to see the season finale!!!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

wowo great finale. but damn.. no one's left for next season lol

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:32 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

good thing Ashur made it out alive. I wanted to see more of his devious plan next season

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 am

Heh Doctore being Oenomaus was a reveal I've been waiting to see for a while. Glad to know I wasn't wrong about that.

Man, the episode had some pretty badass and truly defining moments. Perhaps the most notable is the start of the slaughter. When Crixus set up that shield, man... you know what was about to happen. As cheesy and unrealistic Spartacus' jump off the shield move is, it's freakin' awesome to watch because it simply oozes badassery.

The slaughter was oddly bittersweet. I found myself cheering as if I was watching a Blazers game. Aurelia hacking Numerius was probably my favorite. That woman was a ticking bomb and I'm soooooo glad she put out all her anger on the right person. Mira and Spartacus having sex was a bit odd, as Mira came off very desperate, but hey, they did it and she yet lives. She works well as a love interest, so she should be kept as long as possible. Ashur and Doctore's confrontation was wonderfully executed, and once Ashur asked Doctore to "kill him with honor", you just knew he had an escape plan. God, that guy is cunning. Ilithia is now officially the show's main bitch. She was always a bigger threat than Lucretia ever was, so having her survive was a good move.

Next season is gonna be a blast. I'm gonna miss the gladiator stuff, but the epicness of the story should more than make up for it. It's really too bad about Andy Whitfield, though. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:02 am
Profile WWW

Im sort of disappointed in Ashur's hand to hand combat skills. I know that it wasnt exactly a fair fight to have a duel with Doctore but Ashur was one of the guys that was paired with Crixus to fight in arena battles just like Spartacus was. Not many usually have that honor to fight along side of whoever the champion of Capua is

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am
The Incredible Hulk

The finale was bloody awesome (pun intended). I didn't expect that much carnage but I was happy to see two of my three favorite villains survive to scheme another day.The hardest part will be waiting for season two which I suspect won't arrive until 2011 due to Andy's illness.Great finale to what's become my favorite show.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Season 2 was always going to start in January 2011.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:02 pm

El Murato wrote:
Im sort of disappointed in Ashur's hand to hand combat skills. I know that it wasnt exactly a fair fight to have a duel with Doctore but Ashur was one of the guys that was paired with Crixus to fight in arena battles just like Spartacus was. Not many usually have that honor to fight along side of whoever the champion of Capua is

It's been a while since he's fought, though. Being crippled and all, it's not like he's had any chance to train.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Wow. That episode sure lived up to its name!

For last few weeks I've been pondering on whether I'm into the show enough that I'll keep watching once John Hannah's gone (it was obvious he'd be gone sooner or later).... I think I'll probably stick with it, but only if Ashur, Doctore/Oenomus, and Illythia stick around. Glad to see them survive.

Joy

PS: Is it just me or is Aurelia freaking HAWT?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:07 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

OMG. I loved the finale. It was awesome. I'm really going to miss Lucretia. Lucy Lawless was awesome.

Has any show pulled something similar like Spartacus? I mean killing off more than a half of well established and fond (one way or another) characters throughout the season????

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Eventine wrote:
El Murato wrote:

It's been a while since he's fought, though. Being crippled and all, it's not like he's had any chance to train.

Yeah, why would you be disappointed Murato? Asher's been obviously too long out of the arena. It's not as if the gladiators laughed for nothing when he tried to return after removing his cast.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile WWW

tina_als_girl wrote:
PS: Is it just me or is Aurelia freaking HAWT?

Definitely not just you. After she went crazy on Numerius, I think I'm in love with her. Of course, it helps that she has a really nice face and good body.

be.redy wrote:
Has any show pulled something similar like Spartacus? I mean killing off more than a half of well established and fond (one way or another) characters throughout the season????

I doubt it. In Spartacus' case, though, they introduced characters throughout the season that ended up surviving. I mean they added Mira, Aurelia, and the German Brother. Not exactly as major as the ones who died, obviously, but I'm pretty sure they'll be adding more characters in season 2 who'll probably end up being crucial to the show.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Eventine wrote:
be.redy wrote:

I doubt it. In Spartacus' case, though, they introduced characters throughout the season that ended up surviving. I mean they added Mira, Aurelia, and the German Brother. Not exactly as major as the ones who died, obviously, but I'm pretty sure they'll be adding more characters in season 2 who'll probably end up being crucial to the show.

But what's admirable is that the majority of the killed characters have been set up superbly, much better than major characters in most shows (geeeez, I'm saying this about a show that pretty much sucked ass for in its first few episodes :funny: ).

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 am
Profile WWW

Rob Talpert does produce cheesy shows. Hercules and Xena were a few of my guilty pleasures :oops:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:38 am
The Wall

I liked Hercules. I liked Xena in its first few season. But later it became pretty damn awful. Xena actual has one of the dumbest episodes of any show I've ever seen. The one with the fans of Xena TV show in the future. The whole episode was pretty much WTF?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:54 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Prequel starts shooting this summer:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=65899

Wed May 12, 2010 3:25 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

'Spartacus' Star Andy Whitfield Is Cancer-Free & Ready To Return To The Starz Series

SOURCE: http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/spartacus-star-andy-whitfield-is-cancer-free-ready-to-return-to-the-starz-series/

Awesome news :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Starz is quickly becoming a favorite channel. They've got Spartacus and now they're gonna be doing Torchwood. Bring it on!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

:(

Andy Whitfield's cancer returned and was advised by doctors not to return for Season 2 so he can undergo more agressive treatment.

Hopefully it can completely go away!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/spartac ... o/#respond

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm
The Wall

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Poor Andy...

Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:53 am
Profile WWW

The show wont be the same without him :(