Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 The 'Smallville' Thread 
loyalfromlondon

Post The 'Smallville' Thread
Couldn't find a thread for this...

Does anyone else watch this? I just started with the first three episodes. It's good. Not great, but definitely enjoyable. It's also got this great, clever sense of humour that runs throughout that's very subtle. Not only all the nods to the comics + movies, but little stuff that is hardly noticeable. Like in the pilot, where the "Welcome to Smallville" sign shows the town population as 45,001. Stuff like that. It's what keeps me watching it.

It's too bad that it's stuck in a relatively low-budget TV show that all too often turns into The O.C. or One Tree Hill or something. A bit too much teen angst for me. The acting wavers from quite wooden to not bad, and the writing - except in certain cases, like what I mentioned above - turns toward cliché far too often. It's also really, really formulaic - at least through the first three eps - as it's just Clark fighting another Kryptonite-infused mutant every time.

I'm gonna keep watching it in the hopes that it gets better, though.

Sun May 27, 2007 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]