Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Thursday 4/19 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Thursday 4/19 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/12210174

1. "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC) 14.3/22
2. "Shark" (CBS) 9.6/16
3. "CSI" (R, CBS) 8.9/14
4. "Survivor: Fiji" (CBS) 7.8/13
5. "Ugly Betty" (ABC) 7.6/12
6. "ER" (NBC) 6.8/11
7. "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (FOX) 6.6/11
8. "October Road" (ABC) 6.4/11
9. "My Name Is Earl" (NBC) 4.7/8
10. "The Office" (R, NBC) 4.2/7
11. "Scrubs" (NBC) 3.5/5
12. "30 Rock" (NBC) 3.5/5
13. "Smallville" (CW) 3.2/5
14. "Trading Spouses" (R, FOX) 3.1/5
15. "Supernatural" (CW) 2.5/4

Total Viewers

1. "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC) 20.91
2. "Survivor: Fiji" (CBS) 13.21
3. "CSI" (R, CBS) 12.51
4. "Shark" (CBS) 12.43
5. "October Road" (ABC) 9.94
6. "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (FOX) 9.70
7. "Ugly Betty" (ABC) 9.46
8. "ER" (NBC) 9.11
9. "My Name Is Earl" (NBC) 7.15
10. "The Office" (R, NBC) 6.26
11. "Scrubs" (NBC) 5.56
12. "30 Rock" (NBC) 5.20
13. "Trading Spouses" (R, FOX) 4.70
14. "Smallville" (CW) 4.03
15. "Supernatural" (CW) 3.58

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Was there something happening last night? It seems like viewers for nearly every show was down. But the retention out of Smallville was great for Supernatural. And out of CSI for Shark.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 pm
Begging Naked

Was there something happening last night? It seems like viewers for nearly every show was down. But the retention out of Smallville was great for Supernatural. And out of CSI for Shark.

Well, CSI was a repeat, hence.

And E.R. can't even win its timeslot in Adults 18-49. I'd be shocked if next season isn't marketed as the final season.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

jujubee wrote:

But apart from CSI. Ugly Betty was down. Grey's was down. 5th Grader was down, though it was down last week, too. My Name is Earl was down, I think. Smallville was down. It just seems like less people were watching TV last night.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:48 pm
problem?

So October Road did better than Ugly Betty. Any chance OR will be renewed?

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:49 pm
Begging Naked

Positive Jon wrote:
jujubee wrote:

But apart from CSI. Ugly Betty was down. Grey's was down. 5th Grader was down, though it was down last week, too. My Name is Earl was down, I think. Smallville was down. It just seems like less people were watching TV last night.

I'm sure Smallville has to do with being preempted for a Cubs game in Chicago. My dad still doesn't know when they're airing it.

Overall though, April seems to always be down from the rest of the season. My best excuse would probably be that people aren't heading inside sooner since it's getting lighter out. Or something. That's my best guess.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

So October Road did better than Ugly Betty. Any chance OR will be renewed?

Well, it did better than Ugly Betty out of a new episode of Grey's Anatomy. If the timeslots were reversed, I don't think October Road would do so well without GA.

As for renewal... I think ABC has enough to go on, in terms of dramas. If they'd rather have a very small selection of comedies next season (who says that a network needs comedies on the schedule, especially if they all suck in the ratings?), then OR might get a midseason renewal. But they won't get a fall timeslot. They have other options to try out in their pilots.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:29 pm
Forum General

Ugly Betty is experiencing some wierd kind of backlash in the ratings since February. This number is actually bringing its average down.

And fresh Grey's episodes since February have seemed to be consistently behind fresh episodes of CSI (even when not airing against each other).

CSI was surprisingly low for a repeat and Survivor has seemed to finally taken a permanent, though not too drastic (a la Lost) blow in the ratings.

NBC keeps dwindling. thsi isn't the first Thursday as of late that ratings overall have been down. Is there something else going on? :huh:

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:13 pm
Sbil

Ugly Betty is experiencing some wierd kind of backlash in the ratings since February. This number is actually bringing its average down.

And fresh Grey's episodes since February have seemed to be consistently behind fresh episodes of CSI (even when not airing against each other).

CSI was surprisingly low for a repeat and Survivor has seemed to finally taken a permanent, though not too drastic (a la Lost) blow in the ratings.

NBC keeps dwindling. thsi isn't the first Thursday as of late that ratings overall have been down. Is there something else going on? :huh:

Like I said earlie, it's April. Shows don't have as much momentum as they do in sweeps periods like February and May.

The VTech thing probably has a lot of people watching news, too.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:32 pm
Stanley Cup

nbc needs to give up on the two hour comedy block and move them. Have Deal or No Deal lead the night.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:37 pm
The 5th B-Sharp

Or NBC, needs to air repeats and new episodes together. After the Office was a repeat I missed half of 30 Rock because I assumed it was one to.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:35 pm
Team Kris

It's kind of sad that just three years ago, NBC was still a dominant network.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:00 pm
Motherfuckin' sexual

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Its their fault for cancelling alot of great shows that had potential to grow *cough*Boomtown(peabody winner)*cough*. Latest victim is Andy Parker PI

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:36 pm
Draughty

The good thing about NBC being down is it allows them to take chances. The successful networks just keep cloning what they have: CBS trying to find new ways to make a forensic show, ABC trying to find more ways to create female-appeal shows. We'd probably not have The Office, FNL, 30 Rock, perhaps even Heroes if they weren't in trouble.

Hopefully in a couple years CBS will be the one in the dumps. Man does that network need to start taking more risks.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

The good thing about NBC being down is it allows them to take chances. The successful networks just keep cloning what they have: CBS trying to find new ways to make a forensic show, ABC trying to find more ways to create female-appeal shows. We'd probably not have The Office, FNL, 30 Rock, perhaps even Heroes if they weren't in trouble.

Hopefully in a couple years CBS will be the one in the dumps. Man does that network need to start taking more risks.

You make a good point. The procedural WILL die eventually, and when it does, CBS will be in trouble.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

ValleyGuyChristian wrote:

Its their fault for cancelling alot of great shows that had potential to grow *cough*Boomtown(peabody winner)*cough*. Latest victim is Andy Parker PI

they're keeping 30 Rock and probably FNL. PI was just a disaster.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Superman: The Movie

I like Andy Richter and even his previous two shows, but Andy Barker P.I. just sucked.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]