Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Life on Mars 
Forum General

Post Life on Mars
So, has anyone else watched this? I just finished watching the whole series. So good.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Its an excellent throwback series but I really thought the ending was a cop out.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:40 am
Draughty

The british version? Yes I liked it, it was pretty good, but then again I saw it in the summer when there's not much else on. They are making an American version of it so keep your fingers crossed as to how that turns out. The ending didn't bother me, I was glad to see it wasn't another one of those one-shot wonder UK series, that they intend to do this for several seasons.

How did you see it? I'm wondering if it's out on DVD already.

There's also a new version of Robin Hood which is surprisingly well made.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I liked the fact that they wrote the whole series for 16 episodes and no more then that even in the face of such success. Its nice they didn't go down the route of Lost or Prisonbreak in stretching out a short concept for longer then was healthy.

There is talk of a similar series set in the 80s I believe.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:51 am
Draughty

I'm sure if they were being paid Hollywood style salaries they'd do it for 10 years if asked. I don't see Lost as having a concept that would have been well suited to a short series. Prison Break I agree with though, that should have ended.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

The british version? Yes I liked it, it was pretty good, but then again I saw it in the summer when there's not much else on. They are making an American version of it so keep your fingers crossed as to how that turns out. The ending didn't bother me, I was glad to see it wasn't another one of those one-shot wonder UK series, that they intend to do this for several seasons.

How did you see it? I'm wondering if it's out on DVD already.

There's also a new version of Robin Hood which is surprisingly well made.

You probably saw the first season, Arch. The second and last season only just finished over here. Not quite a one-shot wonder UK series, but close.

I actually really enjoyed it. It's about time British telly stepped out of the tried and tested "The Bill/Casualty" formula and tried to do some distinctive, original, high concept drama. It was clearly influenced by American style shows (a good thing), and hopefully it'll signal a sea-change in the way commissioners take on daring new stuff. Hell, the guys behind it (Kudos) apparently spent two years trying to sell the idea.

And yeah, Gulli, the new 80s set show is going to be called Ashes to Ashes.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Forum General

I really liked the end. Yeah, it was a bit of a cop-out, but they did it in such a way that that was how it had to go. The one thing that disappoints me, though is Sam won't be in the spin off.

I got a hold of it via download. BBC America is supposed to start airing season 2 at the end of the month.

The American version has been moved till mid-season, so we'll see if it actually gets made. I'm hopeful, still. I'd like to see what they do with it, though, if it's at all successful, ABC will fuck it up by making it go on too long.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]