Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Jeopardy! 
Orphan

Post Jeopardy!
This long-running show is strangely addictive. Does anyone else watch it? Has it ever aired in primetime? It's a far better show than Deal or No Deal, which requires no intelligence at all.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

Not as a regular habit, but I'll watch it if I come across it and nothing else is on.

I think it's probably the best gameshow ever. Strange that something as basic as answering questions could be so good, but the game just runs so well, from the format of the categories and money, to the wording of the questions itself, to the fast pace.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:32 pm
loyalfromlondon

Yeah, I watch it sporadically. It's probably the smartest gameshow on right now, though with competition being Deal or no Deal and Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, that isn't hard. I remember when Ken Jennings was ruling the roost I followed it quite a bit.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:36 pm
Team Kris

I was an avid Jeopardy! watcher up until last year maybe, when I only started watching sporadically.

Yes, I was one of the many weirdos who almost staged a hunger strike when Alex Trebek shaved off his moustache.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:55 pm
htm

I was an avid Jeopardy! watcher up until last year maybe, when I only started watching sporadically.

Yes, I was one of the many weirdos who almost staged a hunger strike when Alex Trebek shaved off his moustache.

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

It's good for a fun night. I like watching it with slower people. Then I can shock them when I get one or two right... :sweat:

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:59 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

I love Jeopardy! It's pretty much the only game show left where one is rewarded for skill and/or intelligence.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:03 pm
Sbil

I love Jeopardy! It's pretty much the only game show left where one is rewarded for skill and/or intelligence.

Basically

It's really the only classy game show that's still aired.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well Millionaire still rewards for intelligence and is still classy... I like Jeopardy a bit more still, but I'll watch both on occasion.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:28 pm
Orphan

Well Millionaire still rewards for intelligence and is still classy... I like Jeopardy a bit more still, but I'll watch both on occasion.

The best thing about Jeopardy is the pacing. It moves so much faster than any other gameshow it's not even funny. They go through a season's worth of "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" in one show.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:32 pm
New Server, Same X

Aside from the Clue Crew (which aren't nearly as annoying as I thought they'd be), this is one show that never changes its format.

Although sometimes, there are too many "theme" weeks. The basics (teen tourney, tournament of champions, celebrity week) are good. But sometimes, it seems like there's just too many.

The only major complaint I have is that they did the Million Dollar Masters with the best players a few years back, then they did ANOTHER tournament for the best players ever, just to compete with Ken Jennings in the finals.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 pm
Forum General

I watched really regularly during the Ken Jennings months. It's a good show, but I don't have enough time to watch to want to clutter up my TiVo.

The real reason I prefer this to Millionaire, besides the pacing, is that you don't get the multiple choice and the lifelines. Anyone who does well really deserves it. No lucky guesses.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:42 pm
New Server, Same X

When it's Teen Week, I feel like a genius.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:49 pm
Team Kris

Did anyone see... maybe three Fridays ago when the three contestants all ended up with the same amount of money in the end?

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:28 am
Extraordinary

I didn't see it, but when I heard it, I was thinking "how could that happen?" There either has to be a tie going in or the highest score messed up by not bidding enough to ensure a win when he/she gets the correct answer.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I caught the end of that episode. The bottom two people were tied with the same score and got the final question right to double their scores. Meanwhile, the person with the top score bet very little and got the question right to tie their score. I think it ended up that all three get to return next time.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm guessing the third guy knew what he was doing. With the other two tied, it was probably clear to see the possibility of a 3 way tie if he bet that amount of money, and did it just for the heck and fun of it, to get them all back next time.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]