Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 2 
The Lubitsch Touch

Post It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 2
The premiere of this, the funniest show on TV, is TONIGHT, Thursday, with back-to-back episodes at 10 and 10:30 on FX. Tonight's episodes are, respectively, "Charlie Gets Crippled" and "The Gang Goes Jihad." Danny DeVito joins the cast. Watch, watch!

It's the closest thing to the hilarity of Arrested Development anywhere on the tube right now.

Here's a glowing review from Tim Goodman:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... KNGD13.DTL

And here's one from a Time Magazine blog:
http://time.blogs.com/tuned_in/2006/06/ ... y_sun.html

Watch, watch!

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:54 pm
Indiana Jones IV

so psyched its back.
=]

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Gonna catch up on Season 1. I think it was just 7 episodes, which I can probably knock off in a short time.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:01 pm
Forum General

Never watched the first season but am sorta interested in this one. I won't be home though, so maybe I'll catch a repeat.

They have advertised this show, though, like nothing I've seen for a cable show. The mock-Friends tv spot is hillarious!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:16 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I love it :)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:26 am
Extraordinary

I only saw " Charlie Got Molested " which was really funny, i'll need to catch up on the first season.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:33 am
Team Kris

Funny as always but... I'm not really liking the whole Frank Reynolds controlling every aspect of the gang's adventures that much. Hopefully the focus shifts on the gang again, not what would Frank do that messes them up even more. Anne Archer was particularly hammy and I am quite surprised that DeVito was a lot more... "restrained."

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:04 am
New Server, Same X

Last year, I didn't hear a lot of good reactions to the comedy duo, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "Starved", and I actually heard someone who preferred Starved over Philadelphia.

BUT.

Because yoshue loves the show, I'm about to start watching the show today. yoshue, you better not let me down!

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:51 am
Indiana Jones IV

i actually liked starved a lot more than sunny, but starved was cancelled and i still liked this and its still funny so im happy its still on.

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:41 am
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

Last year, I didn't hear a lot of good reactions to the comedy duo, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "Starved", and I actually heard someone who preferred Starved over Philadelphia.

BUT.

Because yoshue loves the show, I'm about to start watching the show today. yoshue, you better not let me down!

*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent.

I almost want to tell you to wait until Thursday...while this week's episodes were funny, next week's two(in which the gang gets addicted to crack and tries to fuck each other's mothers, respectively) look like the funniest episodes ever, topping last year's abortion episode.

Nevertheless, watch when you can. I can't imagine you not liking this. I just can't. It seems right up your alley.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:32 pm
Team Kris

Mr. X wrote:

BUT.

*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent.

I almost want to tell you to wait until Thursday...while this week's episodes were funny, next week's two(in which the gang gets addicted to crack and tries to fuck each other's mothers, respectively) look like the funniest episodes ever, topping last year's abortion episode.

Nevertheless, watch when you can. I can't imagine you not liking this. I just can't. It seems right up your alley.

God, yes. The whole banging moms next week look great!!! :biggrin:

Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:12 pm
New Server, Same X

I watched the entire first season (all 7 episodes) yesterday, and I loved it. I expected to watch one episode, but I had to watch all 7 immediately. It goes way over the line, has some FX network-cussing, and is hilarious. Even though it doesn't mean much, with the television comedy on life support, this show is definitely my second favorite comedy, behind "The Office".

I'm remaining cautious about the first Season 2 episodes, as I heard they weren't as good. I'll watch those later.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:19 pm
Team Kris

I watched the entire first season (all 7 episodes) yesterday, and I loved it. I expected to watch one episode, but I had to watch all 7 immediately. It goes way over the line, has some FX network-cussing, and is hilarious. Even though it doesn't mean much, with the television comedy on life support, this show is definitely my second favorite comedy, behind "The Office".

I'm remaining cautious about the first Season 2 episodes, as I heard they weren't as good. I'll watch those later.

Who's your favorite character, ~X~?

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:00 pm
New Server, Same X

I actually like all of them. They're not really typical sitcom characters or actors, for that matter. And, I had no idea who Kaitlin Olson was, but she was on the short-lived "The Sketch Show" last year on FOX, which I watched and liked because Mary Lynn Rajskub was on it.

I watched "Charlie Gets Cripped/The Gang Goes Jihad". I thought the first episode was pretty good, and the second episode wasn't bad. I love Danny DeVito, but I'm afraid his character will add something that the show did not need: an older character. I sort of miss "the gang" from Season 1.

But, it's really not a big problem. DeVito is always great, so I'm not afraid of him not delivering. I just question if the character was necessary.

AND, 1.6 million people watched the premiere, which FX is really happy about, despite the fact that their successful dramas (Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, The Shield) all get over 3 million viewers. Season 1 averaged just 1.1 million viewers. I hope this bodes well for Season 3 and beyond for "It's Always Sunny...".

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:28 pm
Team Kris

1.6 is good for them since FX hasn't had much success in comedy. The final airing of It's Always Sunny on Fox got 4 million (up from 3 million the first airing) so there's definitely potential for small growth or consistency. Plus, it's cheaply made so hopefully this is good news. I didn't know Los Angeles can play Philadelphia that well!

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:30 pm
New Server, Same X

And, it's cool that the guys on the show have been writing the episodes thus far.

I thought Starved and Philadelphia were FX's first stabs at comedy, but I forgot about Howard Stern's Son of the Beach. Never saw it.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:32 pm
Team Kris

4 million?! You mean 1.4 million, right?

And, it's cool that the guys on the show have been writing the episodes thus far.

I thought Starved and Philadelphia were FX's first stabs at comedy, but I forgot about Howard Stern's Son of the Beach. Never saw it.

I think Lucky (that JOhn Corbett show) was a comedy.

Nope, the ones that aired after Family Guy, Sundays on Fox all got 3-4 million viewers.

I love all of the gang too but I guess, I have a soft spot for Dee and Dennis because they actually have a little bit of conscience, haha.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:47 pm
New Server, Same X

I think Lucky (that JOhn Corbett show) was a comedy.

Nope, the ones that aired after Family Guy, Sundays on Fox all got 3-4 million viewers.

I love all of the gang too but I guess, I have a soft spot for Dee and Dennis because they actually have a little bit of conscience, haha.

OH, on Fox. I thought you meant FX.

Yeah, Dee and Dennis are good. Charlie Day is a liiiittle bit over the top sometimes as Charlie, but for the most part, the little guy is really funny. And Mac is great too. The whole cast is great.

Too bad the Emmys will probably never acknowledge a little show like this.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:51 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Dee & Dennis have a conscience? Really? Keep in mind that they become crackheads next week in order to qualify for welfare.

I'm glad you loved the show, X. I've been pimping it for the last year, so I'm glad to see that finally pay off.

Lucky was a good show.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The ending of "The Gang Goes Jihad" is by far the funniest ending I've ever seen.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:26 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm glad you loved the show, X. I've been pimping it for the last year, so I'm glad to see that finally pay off.

I really wanted to watch last year, but I wasn't completely convinced. Now, I'm recommending this to everyone. Tomorrow night on "Showcase" in Canada, the episode "Charlie Has Cancer" is on and I'm going to attempt to get my dad to start watching. He usually likes stuff like this.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:50 pm
Grill

It's Seinfeld on Crack!

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:30 pm
Team Kris

yoshue wrote:

I really wanted to watch last year, but I wasn't completely convinced. Now, I'm recommending this to everyone. Tomorrow night on "Showcase" in Canada, the episode "Charlie Has Cancer" is on and I'm going to attempt to get my dad to start watching. He usually likes stuff like this.

If only your mom can get her gaze of McDreamy. And McHottie.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:51 pm
Extraordinary

" Ooooo go for it go for it "

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next