World of KJ
http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/

Wednesday 11/8 Ratings
http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24966
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Plot [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Wednesday 11/8 Ratings

Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/97010691

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 14.3/21
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 11.7/17
3. "Lost" (ABC) 11.6/17
4. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 10.7/17
5. "Dateline" (NBC) 6.3/10
6. "Bones" (FOX) 6.1/9
7. "Jericho" (CBS) 6.0/9
8. "The Nine" (ABC) 5.8/9
9. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 5.0/7
10. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.5/7
11. "The O.C." (FOX) 2.6/4
12. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 2.5/4

Total Viewers

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 20.64
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 17.54
3. "Lost" (ABC) 17.10
4. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 16.69
5. "Jericho" (CBS) 9.79
6. "Dateline" (NBC) 8.07
7. "The Nine" (ABC) 7.57
8. "Bones" (FOX) 7.53
9. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 7.30
10. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 5.39
11. "The O.C." (FOX) 3.53
12. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 3.52

Author:  jujubee [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wonder if FOX is going to leave The OC there or not. It did marginally better, and at least it didn't end up in dead last place, though barely. And the day change will have effected it, as well. If they promote the hell out of it, I think it could at least have a pulse on Wednesdays. Air it straight through for its 16 episodes, and maybe stick Idol in front of it, and then finish it off.

Author:  thompsoncory [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats to Lost for rising quite a bit this week :)

And as for The OC, well at least it beat One Tree Hill ;)

Author:  thompsoncory [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

jujubee wrote:
I wonder if FOX is going to leave The OC there or not. It did marginally better, and at least it didn't end up in dead last place, though barely. And the day change will have effected it, as well. If they promote the hell out of it, I think it could at least have a pulse on Wednesdays. Air it straight through for its 16 episodes, and maybe stick Idol in front of it, and then finish it off.


I agree, although I'm still hoping that it gets an order for a few more episodes so it can make it to 100. It should do better next week in this timeslot since there won't be competition from Lost.

Author:  Christian [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's sad. The O.C. is actually becoming decent now. :lol: Though I find it weird by Fox to air it against the fall finale of Lost. Is there another Wednesday show next week?

Author:  Jonathan [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm almost certain now CBS is putting CM after the Super Bowl next year. Which is a shame, because HIMYM would be a more ideal candidate (And better, too). I wonder how high it'll go next week.

And I've decided that Lost is officially the Matrix of television: First part big mainstream hit, building a fanbase; second part starts big but confuses mainstream followers and pisses off some fans; third part sinks and becomes a joke. Which is a shame, because this season isn't nearly as bad as The Matrix Revolutions.

Essentially, I've decided Lost is a cult show that got swept up into the mainstream and swept back out, and I should be happy with anything above 10M.

I guess this means America will never get over CBS crime shows.

/rant

Author:  Squee [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mood-Swing Jon wrote:
I'm almost certain now CBS is putting CM after the Super Bowl next year. Which is a shame, because HIMYM would be a more ideal candidate (And better, too). I wonder how high it'll go next week.

And I've decided that Lost is officially the Matrix of television: First part big mainstream hit, building a fanbase; second part starts big but confuses mainstream followers and pisses off some fans; third part sinks and becomes a joke. Which is a shame, because this season isn't nearly as bad as The Matrix Revolutions.

Essentially, I've decided Lost is a cult show that got swept up into the mainstream and swept back out, and I should be happy with anything above 10M.

I guess this means America will never get over CBS crime shows.

/rant


Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt any show with a rating over 10.0 very good? House gets pretty much the same ratings as Lost, and I wouldnt call it a "cult" show, just a show a lot of people watch.

It should be encouraging because the ratings for Lost aren't really going down this season, just the ratings for Criminal Minds are going up. And the ratings aren't all that down from the last half of the second season of lost, either.

Author:  Mister Ecks [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Berman wonders if Mischa Barton's departure from OC is hurting ratings. :nonono:

Author:  Harry Warden [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mood-Swing Jon wrote:
I'm almost certain now CBS is putting CM after the Super Bowl next year. Which is a shame, because HIMYM would be a more ideal candidate (And better, too).


I disagree. HIMYM kind of has a continuing storyline so it would be more difficult for new viewers to follow than the self-contained Criminal Minds which gets better ratings in the first place.

Author:  Mister Ecks [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Why would CBS put Criminal Minds after the Super Bowl? There's a ton of better choices.

Author:  Christian [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I heard they're putting the Craig Ferguson talk show? :unsure:

Author:  A. G. [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anything is better than Criminal Minds, I don't want that to become a bigger hit or you just know we'll see spinoffs like how CSI and Law and Order spunoff two other shows each. Can you imagine? 9 shows on the air being either CSI, L&O or CM variations, it could happen.

Author:  getluv [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Would ABC please get the balls to cancel THE NINE. It's hurting their chances of winning the night. It's doing worse than what ALIAS was pulling in season 4. I think ABC is content with it's big ones, but it drags down their ratings to the point where CBS looks like they killed them in ratings.

I suppose ABC have had the cometh uppance for cancelling ALIAS.

Author:  Jonathan [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mr. X wrote:
Why would CBS put Criminal Minds after the Super Bowl? There's a ton of better choices.


To capiltalize on its popularity. ABC put Grey's after the Super Bowl because it was quickly becoming their most talked about show, and the move payed off big. If they put CM on, the talk about it should get people at least interested in checking it out.

Still, HIMYM would probably be a better choice because, while the semi-serial nature of the show could keep some people away, it could also get plenty more people interested in following the show to its regular timeslot, whereas CM could just get a quick sampling and nothing more (Does anyone even remember that Family Guy was on after the Super Bowl with The Simpsons over 7 years ago?).

So I'd say it's between CM, HIMYM, and The Amazing Race: All-Stars (The latter is also a very good choice, since that's on Sundays anyway and this season been awesome, like Survivor: Pearl Islands before All-Stars).

Author:  Magnus [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yay for Lost. Hopefully the spring season will be a bit stronger than the fall season.

Author:  Christian [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh yes! I remembered Family Guy hovering under the Top 10 shows for the week when it aired after the Super Bowl 7 years ago.

Author:  Raffiki [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wonder how much bigger Criminal Minds will be without Lost competing against it. Anyone think it will crack 20 million viewers?

Author:  Riggs [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

getluv wrote:
Would ABC please get the balls to cancel THE NINE. It's hurting their chances of winning the night. It's doing worse than what ALIAS was pulling in season 4. I think ABC is content with it's big ones, but it drags down their ratings to the point where CBS looks like they killed them in ratings.

I suppose ABC have had the cometh uppance for cancelling ALIAS.


How was Alias doing during each of it's seasons??

Author:  Libs [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Uh, guys? I heard CBS is putting Craig Ferguson's talk show on after the Super Bowl.

I wish they'd give the spot to How I Met Your Mother (like Friends got in 1996), but whatever.

Author:  Alex Y. [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

I never watch anything on CBS, but Criminal Minds has the most appealing premise to me for a show on that network, so I think it would be a good move in drawing non-CBS-audience.

Author:  Mister Ecks [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's just insanely dumb. At least when ABC aired Jimmy Kimmel after the Super Bowl in 2003, it was after the Super Bowl episode of Alias.

Author:  Christian [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Libs wrote:
Uh, guys? I heard CBS is putting Craig Ferguson's talk show on after the Super Bowl.

I wish they'd give the spot to How I Met Your Mother (like Friends got in 1996), but whatever.


See?! i'm not hallucinating after all!

Author:  Jonathan [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Libs wrote:
Uh, guys? I heard CBS is putting Craig Ferguson's talk show on after the Super Bowl.

I wish they'd give the spot to How I Met Your Mother (like Friends got in 1996), but whatever.


Really? Why didn't I hear of this? Link? :huh:

Author:  Shack [ Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Aw, only .01 away... oh well, lol. The OC still sucks. :biggrin: I can't see how they will keep it around much longer with this kind of brutal viewership. I have to give credit to OTH too for not budging in viewers despite direct competition, and with not as much promo hype around the episode as the last one.

Author:  getluv [ Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Riggs27 wrote:
getluv wrote:
Would ABC please get the balls to cancel THE NINE. It's hurting their chances of winning the night. It's doing worse than what ALIAS was pulling in season 4. I think ABC is content with it's big ones, but it drags down their ratings to the point where CBS looks like they killed them in ratings.

I suppose ABC have had the cometh uppance for cancelling ALIAS.


How was Alias doing during each of it's seasons??


You have to remember this shows time slot was changed nearly every year. I don't have exact figure, but i'd imagine season 1 was averaging something like 14m, 11m in s2 and it fell to 8m in the third season but recovered in season 4 to about 11m when it was moved to Wednesday after Lost. Season 5, moved to Thursday where it died a horrible death. Episodes usually amassed 7.5m viewers. But if ALIAS was kept on Wednesday's since season 4, it'll still be beating 7.5m viewers.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/