Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 GA vs CSI 

Which show will get more viewers tonight?
CSI 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Grey's Anatomy 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

GA vs CSI 
Draughty

RATINGS UPSET: ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy' season opener out-rates CBS 'CSI'... 17.1 rating/25 share to 14.9 rating/22 share... ABC WINS THURSDAY NIGHT, CBS SHOW, NBC IN DISTANT THIRD...

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Wow. I figured it would just squeak by. Any total numbers yet?

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:18 am
Team Kris

Humanity: Zero

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:19 am
Forum General

The real test will be next week. After the mostly lackluster reaction to last night (at least as far as I've seen) I wonder if Grey's will be able to keep these ratings. Especially if episode 2 is as bad as all the Canadians I've talked to have said.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:27 am
Squee

The real test will be next week. After the mostly lackluster reaction to last night (at least as far as I've seen) I wonder if Grey's will be able to keep these ratings. Especially if episode 2 is as bad as all the Canadians I've talked to have said.

For your sake I hope its true. You would no longer have to sit through it if the show were canceled.

:console:

:glare:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:33 am
New Server, Same X

I avoided both like the plague, and stuck with the sweet, shiny dome of Howie Mandel. Fun game show, even though it's a bit unnecessary. Can't they just open the briefcase they initially choose, and be done with it? Suspense for the sake of suspense.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:36 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

You mean theres another alternative on tv at 9pm thursday so we wont have to be subjected to the NBC,ABC and CBS 9pm thursday borefest?

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:38 am
New Server, Same X

You mean theres another alternative on tv at 9pm thursday so we wont have to be subjected to the NBC,ABC and CBS 9pm thursday borefest?

No, Howie Mandel hosts "Deal or No Deal" on NBC, which clearly falls under your "borefest" category. The only alternative to those would be "Celebrity Duets" on FOX, and "Supernatural" on the CW. For such a competitive timeslot, there's a lot of mediocre shows in there.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:42 am
Team Kris

Come November, Mischa Barton's corpse will rampage The O.C.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:42 am
Forum General

jujubee wrote:

For your sake I hope its true. You would no longer have to sit through it if the show were canceled.

I got pissy last night and came home and ordered DirecTV, so after next week, no more Grey's!

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:43 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

No, Howie Mandel hosts "Deal or No Deal" on NBC, which clearly falls under your "borefest" category. The only alternative to those would be "Celebrity Duets" on FOX, and "Supernatural" on the CW. For such a competitive timeslot, there's a lot of mediocre shows in there.

There must be some sort of syndicated show on Nickelodon like "Facts of Life" so I wont be subjected to any programs from that time slot. Thats how bad the programming in that time period is

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:45 am
Squee

Squee wrote:
jujubee wrote:

I got pissy last night and came home and ordered DirecTV, so after next week, no more Grey's!

Huzzah! You come out victorious over the tyranists!!

:glare:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:46 am
Begging Naked

CSI: 22.04

OH DOUBLE SNAP! :ohmy:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Grey's Anatomy: 25.14M

HOLY!!!!!!!!!1

Is that a huge drop for CSI???

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 pm
Begging Naked

Positive Jon wrote:
Grey's Anatomy: 25.14M

HOLY!!!!!!!!!1

Is that a huge drop for CSI???

24% from last season's premiere, so. . .yeah.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I called it though :tongue: I said Grey's would beat CSI but I thought neither would top 25 million viewers but Grey did!!

CSI dropped from 29 million from last season premiere to 22 million.
Grey's Anatomy increased from just under 19 million to 25 million.

CBS barely won the night though... as Survivor held on pretty damn well to its premiere audience and Shark outdid Six Degrees.

I am so happy for ABC even though Grey's Anatomy sucked last night.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:54 pm
Team Kris

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:58 pm
Forum General

I think Sunday is still going to be interesting.

I think Housewives will average just under 20 million this season but hope the premiere is at least 22m viewers.

I just noticed the advertising for Brothers and Sisters this past week. They should have really campaigned this show heavily like they did for Grey considering the cast. I just hope it does better than Six Degrees... but it's up against Without a Trace. I have a feeling CBS will start gaining on Sunday what they're losing on Thursday.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:06 pm
Forum General

GA will have huge swings while CSI will likely stay around those numbers.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Final verdict: Grey's Anatomy 25.4M, CSI 22.6M. I actually checked, and that ties the second part of the Super Bowl episode as the biggest audience for a regularly scheduled Grey's Anatomy. :wacko:

Quote:
McDreamy Ratings: 'Anatomy' Routs 'CSI' on Thursday
CBS won the night overall, but ABC dominated among younger viewers
September 22, 2006

The Thursday night ratings war will likely rage throughout the season, but ABC, fueled by "Grey's Anatomy," has won the first battle.

What was supposed to be the season's most heated confrontation turned out not to be, because on Thursday (Sept. 21) night, the season premiere of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" trounced the first episode of CBS' reigning procedural champ "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" in all key measures.

According to final Nielsen figures, "Grey's Anatomy" averaged 25.4 million viewers for the 9 p.m. hour, far more than the 22.6 million for "CSI."

Most industry observers had expected "CSI," television's top scripted show last season, to win in overall measurements, with the ABC medical drama closing the gap in the younger demographics. Instead, "Anatomy" won overall and just expanded the margin as viewers got younger. Among adults 18-49, "Anatomy" did an 11.0 rating, 43 percent higher than the 7.7 for "CSI." Among adults 18-34, the difference was up to 88 percent, with "Anatomy" doing a 10.7 rating to the 5.7 rating for "CSI."

ABC proudly boasted that this was the first scripted non-finale series ever to draw a larger audience than "CSI" in original Thursday head-to-head competition and contributed to ABC's strongest opening Thursday of a season in viewers and young adults in at least 15 years.

It helped that the 8 p.m. clip special "Grey's Anatomy: Complications of the Heart" drew 13.7 million viewers and did a 5.0 rating in the 18-49 demo. It remains to be seen how "Anatomy" will perform once the earlier slot's normal occupant, "Ugly Betty," premieres next week.

Signs were a bit less rapturous for the premiere of ABC's endlessly hyped "Six Degrees." The drama took that "Anatomy" lead-in and plummeted to 12.6 million viewers and a 5.4 demographic rating, splitting the hour with the series premiere of "Shark," which averaged more viewers (14.74 million), but fewer young ones (4.1 demo rating). CBS could boast that "Shark" is now the season's most watched new show, while ABC was getting excited about its strongest Thursday night scripted series debut in total viewers and adults 18-49 since 1994.

For all of the ABC hype, CBS actually remained the most watched network for the night overall with an average of 18.29 million viewers to ABC's 17.4 million. ABC's 7.2 rating in the 18-49 demo was 18 percent higher than CBS' 6.1 rating.

CBS and ABC weren't the only networks programming on Thursday, though.

NBC, which had a longtime stranglehold on Thursdays, got solid 8 p.m. hour performances from the second season premiere of "My Name Is Earl" (8.9 million viewers, 3.8 demo rating) and the third season launch of "The Office" (9.1 million viewers, 4.3 demo). Facing a somewhat lighter 10 p.m. foe with "Without a Trace" shipped to Sundays, the venerable "ER" premiered to 15.6 million viewers and a 6.8 demo rating, winning the hour in both measures.

In its regular morning ratings release, normally boisterous FOX noted simply, "FOX was not a factor last night."

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-greys ... -headlines

Love that bit from Fox. :lol:

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I avoided both like the plague, and stuck with the sweet, shiny dome of Howie Mandel. Fun game show, even though it's a bit unnecessary. Can't they just open the briefcase they initially choose, and be done with it? Suspense for the sake of suspense.

Deal or No Deal club forever! *hides* :shout:

If they opened the briefcase... there would be no gameshow, there would be deal or no deal scenario whatsoever, it would be just dumb luck and there would be a different title. Really the entire skill of the game is the deal or no deal part of the game, as shown by the title. The decision making when it comes to the deals, the tension on whether he/she will get burned or not, is what drives the game. They never take the money in their briefcase, it's all about the offers, really. Besides, it's fun to watch, even it if it suspense for the sake of suspense... :tongue:

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:35 am
New Server, Same X

It is fun to watch. Plus, last night, it was more reasonable as to why they push the suspense. In the end, with two briefcases left, the girl had the option to switch her briefcase with the other one held by one of the Deal Ladies.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:09 am
Sbil

I'm also curious why people keep saying GA will have "huge swings" in ratings.

It never did last year. In fact, it generally stayed the same or went up. And the nature of GA is the "serial" variety, where storylines could continue episode-to-episode.

Just because some of you hated the Grey's premiere doesn't mean every single person who watched it did, you know.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:54 am
Award Winning Bastard

It never did last year. In fact, it generally stayed the same or went up. And the nature of GA is the "serial" variety, where storylines could continue episode-to-episode.

Just because some of you hated the Grey's premiere doesn't mean every single person who watched it did, you know.

I didn't hate it, I was just letdown because I expected something "bigger" for it's big Thursday premiere, and it just seemed a bit pedestrian. I even said in it's thread that it was probably just me. I have no doubts that the vast majority really enjoyed it.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:36 am
New Server, Same X

I personally did not say that GA will have "huge swings" (I know some did), but I do think GA and CSI will trade blows this season. GA didn't whomp CSI completely.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next