Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 GA vs CSI 

Which show will get more viewers tonight?
CSI 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Grey's Anatomy 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

GA vs CSI 
Extraordinary

I'm also curious why people keep saying GA will have "huge swings" in ratings.

It never did last year. In fact, it generally stayed the same or went up. And the nature of GA is the "serial" variety, where storylines could continue episode-to-episode.

Just because some of you hated the Grey's premiere doesn't mean every single person who watched it did, you know.

I was one of the first ones to say I think that it would feel swings in ratings, but that was just a personal hunch. I loved the premiere, but I feel that it will have swings. The main reason being that Thursdays are much more random, than Sunday's are, and everyone ups the ante on Thursdays, moreso than any other day of the week. Networks go all out for their Thursday shows, and pump up big events, and I think part of that will be translated to Grey's Anatomy, as the competition with CSI progresses throughout the year. Sundays are a huge day of course, but Thursday are just a whole other league.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

CSI has for now a stable lead in with Survivor, but the lead in for Grey's will be Ugly Betty an unproven show. So it's natural to predict that GA will benefit less from a solid lead in and might have some fluctuations.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

CSI has for now a stable lead in with Survivor, but the lead in for Grey's will be Ugly Betty an unproven show. So it's natural to predict that GA will benefit less from a solid lead in and might have some fluctuations.

But massive shows like Grey's Anatomy and CSI don't require lead-ins to get their high viewerships.

They could have put According to Jim and George Lopez on before Grey's Anatomy and it probably would have gotten the same ratings.

Lead-ins are key for shows that are attempting to build an audience, not for those that already have a large base.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:03 pm
Draughty

I'm glad GA dethroned CSI though, we need a break from cop shows for a while, it's become annoying how many there are.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Libs wrote:

It never did last year. In fact, it generally stayed the same or went up. And the nature of GA is the "serial" variety, where storylines could continue episode-to-episode.

Just because some of you hated the Grey's premiere doesn't mean every single person who watched it did, you know.

I personally did not say that GA will have "huge swings" (I know some did), but I do think GA and CSI will trade blows this season. GA didn't whomp CSI completely.

Considering both their previous numbers and expectations... I don't see how this is not considered as big a whomp as there could be. Maybe not completely, but it definitely kicked CSI's ass big time.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:12 pm
Sbil

Mr. X wrote:
Libs wrote:

I personally did not say that GA will have "huge swings" (I know some did), but I do think GA and CSI will trade blows this season. GA didn't whomp CSI completely.

Considering both their previous numbers and expectations... I don't see how this is not considered as big a whomp as there could be. Maybe not completely, but it definitely kicked CSI's ass big time.

Yeah, really.

I mean...

It beat CSI by 3 million total viewers, and had nearly 1.5X the amount of viewers adults 18-49.

Like, CSI still did great, obviously. But Grey's...kind of did whomp CSI.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:15 pm
New Server, Same X

Well, the 18-49 was a big-ass whomping. I admit that.

But 3 million? I don't know... if, for some odd reason, there were people watching GA for the first time last Thursday (Loyal), and they decided it was okay, but not worth the tune-in next week, CSI could go up (well, we know CSI has an audience that partially went to GA) a bit and GA down a bit. A million could be in the difference for either show.

Obviously, GA could maintain 23-24 mill, and CSI could go down to 20 mill or below. I'm just speculating guys. Don't take me all that seriously. I honest-to-God do not care if GA beats everything in television... which it has. Just because I'm in the minority of those who don't like GA doesn't mean that it has to fail. I'd be happy if "House" was in GA's position, but it's not and I'm not going to wish GA does poorly.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4