Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 South Park Season 10 Thread. 
The Kramer

Quote:
WoW Fans Pick Apart South Park Episode
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154271

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker decided to take aim at World of Warcraft, the move seemed to be made with Blizzard's blessing. The duo parodied the WoW phenomenon incredibly well, and, unsurprisingly, fans paid attention to every detail.
In fact, this morning, digg pointed to a Wikipedia article where WoW fans pointed out incredibly minor mistakes and inconsistences made during the episode. If there was ever a WTF moment for the week, this is it.

Check out a few choice samples:

"He [Randy] incorrectly suggests that he is a hunter."
"Cartman's character is the main tank and wields an Unyielding Maul. He is the leader of the boys' group and is always the last killed. His armor color is the same as his jacket. He is a warrior, but when you see his actionbar, it looks like a Rogues actionbar (It has Eviscrate and Stealth)."

"Trailers for this episode show Stan and Kyle in what appears to be the Undercity, right after Kenny is killed. In the airing of the show, they were in Goldshire."

"When Randy gives Stan the Sword of 1000 Truths, he is able to talk to Stan even though Stan isn't using his headset microphone -- although the animators used headsets as a visual clue that the boys were communicating via the computer, headsets are not the only way to communicate via PC. There could be a desktop mic or one built in to the monitor, etc."

"This guy's character is shirtless and wears a helmet, boots and gloves. EDIT: He is seen casting Fire Blast and Arcane Explosion in Westfall(mage only spells). However, summoning scorpions is not possible with a Mage."

My head hangs in a bizarre combination of shame and awe.

:lol:
I'm betting they put a lot of those mistakes in on purpose :lol:

Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:59 pm
I'm Batman

South Park has been freaking ON so far this half season. Hardly Boys, Mr. Mackey talking about the dookie in the urinal, the conspiracy theories, Stan turning on Kyle, great episode.

Hmmm I'm having a raging clue.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:33 pm
King Albert!

One of the weirdest episodes ever produced. Stan deceives Kyle, hmmm, I never thought this would happen.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:44 am
Profile WWW
how long does it take these eps to become avail on iTunes. I just downloaded Make Love... and it was hilarious (and I know very little about WoW).

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:53 am
New Server, Same X

Loved the episode, but what was with the Hardy Boys parody? Isn't that a little dated, or are the Hardy Boys popular again? Good for a laugh, though.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:29 pm
Homo Dperious

Quote:
WoW Fans Pick Apart South Park Episode
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154271

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker decided to take aim at World of Warcraft, the move seemed to be made with Blizzard's blessing. The duo parodied the WoW phenomenon incredibly well, and, unsurprisingly, fans paid attention to every detail.
In fact, this morning, digg pointed to a Wikipedia article where WoW fans pointed out incredibly minor mistakes and inconsistences made during the episode. If there was ever a WTF moment for the week, this is it.

Check out a few choice samples:

"He [Randy] incorrectly suggests that he is a hunter."
"Cartman's character is the main tank and wields an Unyielding Maul. He is the leader of the boys' group and is always the last killed. His armor color is the same as his jacket. He is a warrior, but when you see his actionbar, it looks like a Rogues actionbar (It has Eviscrate and Stealth)."

"Trailers for this episode show Stan and Kyle in what appears to be the Undercity, right after Kenny is killed. In the airing of the show, they were in Goldshire."

"When Randy gives Stan the Sword of 1000 Truths, he is able to talk to Stan even though Stan isn't using his headset microphone -- although the animators used headsets as a visual clue that the boys were communicating via the computer, headsets are not the only way to communicate via PC. There could be a desktop mic or one built in to the monitor, etc."

"This guy's character is shirtless and wears a helmet, boots and gloves. EDIT: He is seen casting Fire Blast and Arcane Explosion in Westfall(mage only spells). However, summoning scorpions is not possible with a Mage."

My head hangs in a bizarre combination of shame and awe.

:lol:

This from the talk page at Wikipedia:

According to my calcuations (excluding the time for intro credits and end credits):

Quote:
Videogame footage appears onscreen for 590 seconds/1270 seconds, or 46% of the time (374 seconds are pure videogame footage, 216 seconds are when the videogame is shown smaller and scaled to a computer screen). Footage with just animation appears onscreen for 680 seconds/1270 seconds, or 54% of the time. And much of that is people at their computers, or people at Blizzard.

So it seems silly to me to complain the article is "too much about the videogame." The whole episode is about the videogame -- it's a crossover. The airtime is split nearly 50/50 between the videogame and the cartoon.

:blink:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:17 pm
Profile ICQ
The conspiracy against the 9/11 conspiracy was hilarious. I love South Park.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:18 pm
New Server, Same X

The conspiracy against the 9/11 conspiracy was hilarious. I love South Park.

This episode pushed me to start buying the season sets on DVD.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:25 pm
New Server, Same X

I bought the first three seasons on DVD. I haven't watched much yet, but I looked over all 48 episode plotlines, and I started remembering these episodes. It's amazing how much different South Park was in Season 2, compared to today. It was mainly about grossing out the audience early on, but now the plotlines are so much more solid and brilliant. Not that the early seasons aren't great, but I love how much more brilliant the show is, especially after ten seasons. It has only gotten better with age.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:25 pm
New Server, Same X

From tomorrow's Comedy Central Press Release:
The Residents of Hell rise up on All Hallows Eve in an all-new episode of "South Park" on Wednesday, October 25 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central

Satan is throwing the biggest Halloween costume party ever in an all-new “South Park” entitled, “Hell on Earth 2006,” premiering Wednesday, October 25 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. And no one will be admitted without a wristband.

Satan is busy checking the R.S.V.P. list and deciding what costume to wear to the big event. Every detail must be perfect for the prince of darkness. But even Satan can’t foresee everything. A prominent religious organization, an ex-lover and the antics of the most notorious serial killers of all time threaten Satan’s fun.

----------------

Sounds fun. I love when South Park does holiday-themed episodes, especially Halloween.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:46 pm
New Server, Same X

Actually, this is the first Halloween episode since the third season. Season 1 had "Pink Eye", Season 2 had "Spooky Fish", Season 3 had "KORN's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery".

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

More Saddam, heh. I don't think they've touched on him since like Season 4 with their "Do the handicapped go to hell?" episodes, so other than the brief mention in the ladder to heaven episode, it's been quite a while.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:30 pm
Cream of the Crop

More Saddam, heh. I don't think they've touched on him since like Season 4 with their "Do the handicapped go to hell?" episodes, so other than the brief mention in the ladder to heaven episode, it's been quite a while.

He also had a brief stint as the prime minister of Canada in season 7.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
King Albert!

Actually, this is the first Halloween episode since the third season. Season 1 had "Pink Eye", Season 2 had "Spooky Fish", Season 3 had "KORN's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery".

Season 8 had "Something Walmart This Way Comes," which is considered to me a Halloween ep.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:20 am
Profile WWW
King Albert!

Satan having a super sweet 16 party, and whining like a teen girl, total gem.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:59 am
Profile WWW

REALLY? (Kyle) from Mystery of the Urinal Deuce

and

Niceeeeeeeeeeeee (every guy in South Park) from Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:18 pm
clips of aforementioned fav new expressions

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pMFZt-8b3Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSu5BcZMxYw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:29 pm
New Server, Same X

Niceeeeee.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:17 pm
Extraordinary

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLknC9Nccr4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtmXfwajfsc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IOPkTk0SBFA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:24 am

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTn0oUCfF0c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:11 pm
I'm Batman

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:39 pm
Extraordinary

Second half of season 10 has pretty much been a homerun.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:46 am
I'm Batman

That was probably one of the biggest "wtf" South Park episodes ever. Hilarious, but really sad.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:36 pm
King Albert!

That was probably one of the biggest "wtf" South Park episodes ever. Hilarious, but really sad.

I agree, Stanley's Cup was the biggest WTF episode ever made. At least it didn't go into sappy predictable territory. But why did they have to pick on Stan for being innocent.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Holy shit....... Matt and Trey are evil bastards with big balls.

What an ending to the season.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next