Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 WTF. Sacrilegious. The Fellowship of the Ring on WB. 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post WTF. Sacrilegious. The Fellowship of the Ring on WB.
I saw this in the tv guide. Tonight, the WB is showing the Fellowship of the Ring on tv from 8:00 - 10:30. That's 2.5 hours with commercial. And the regular movie is 3 hours and the EE version is closer to 3.5 hours.

So basically they are taking the 3 hour movie ( hoping it isn't the EE version) and probably showing 1.75 to 2.00 hours of it on tv.

Sorry, I just had to rant about this.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Squee

Post Re: WTF. Sacrilegious. The Fellowship of the Ring on WB.
Goldie wrote:
I saw this in the tv guide. Tonight, the WB is showing the Fellowship of the Ring on tv from 8:00 - 10:30. That's 2.5 hours with commercial. And the regular movie is 3 hours and the EE version is closer to 3.5 hours.

So basically they are taking the 3 hour movie ( hoping it isn't the EE version) and probably showing 1.75 to 2.00 hours of it on tv.

Of course, you failed to notice that they have it on in two parts. One sunday and one on monday.

:glare:

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:55 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Re: WTF. Sacrilegious. The Fellowship of the Ring on WB.
Nny wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Of course, you failed to notice that they have it on in two parts. One sunday and one on monday.

I hope you are correct as that is alot better. I also noticed below that they are showing the EE version.

But FYI, I looked for a 2 part split but it wasn't there.

- I just saw the tv commercial for the Sunday night showing and it didn't say anything about this being Part 1 or the conclusion on part 2.

- Also on the internet tv guide, again it didn't say anything about this being 2 parts. See below.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
WB 5 Nov 07 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
Movies, 127 Mins.
***+ (Rated PG-13)

A chosen hobbit and his loyal friends join a wizard, humans, a dwarf and an elf on a quest to destroy a powerful ring and defeat an evil lord. Extended version. Based on a book by J.R.R. Tolkien. Adult Situations.

Cast: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, Cate Blanchett, John Rhys-Davies, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Sean Bean, Ian Holm, Andy Serkis, Marton Csokas, Lawrence Makoare

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Squee

Yes, but after my weekly ritual of watching Everwood last week, at the end it said that everwood would not be on the following week because of the airing of the conclusion of the Lord of the Rings. Also, there is a 2 hour timeslot dedicated to "lord of the rings" tomorrow from 7-9 (central time) according to my cable box.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:09 am
Forum General

Yes, but after my weekly ritual of watching Everwood last week, at the end it said that everwood would not be on the following week because of the airing of the conclusion of the Lord of the Rings. Also, there is a 2 hour timeslot dedicated to "lord of the rings" tomorrow from 7-9 (central time) according to my cable box.

No, that's fine and I believe you and it makes sense.

I was just saying the tv commercial didn't say anything nor did the tv guide. I guess they want you to watch it before they tell you at the end that Part 2 is tommorrow night. I just don't think that is right.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Squee

Nny wrote:

No, that's fine and I believe you and it makes sense.

I was just saying the tv commercial didn't say anything nor did the tv guide. I guess they want you to watch it before they tell you at the end that Part 2 is tommorrow night. I just don't think that is right.

Oh yeah, Ill definately give you that. I thought they were going to show it for 4 or 5 hours straight until the end of everwood last week. Had no idea it was going to be a 2 night event. Commercials definately didnt say so.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]