Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Forum General

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Money Heist is so good and just as addictive as Elite IMO. I ran through all four seasons of it in just a couple of days and I still want more. These Spanish/Mexican shows so far have just been insanely entertaining to watch and I really love the over the top, soap operaish melodrama, because as ridiculous as the writing gets at times I can completely forgive it because I'm enjoying the shows so much and honestly that's all I want right now.

Quote:
Also watched Bard of Blood; recommended by my friend; an Indian Web Series about a group of spies. It ended up being a cliched espionage story which is kept floating by the actors. Also ends with a desperate but generic cliffhanger.

I haven't seen Bard of Blood, but Sacred Games is a pretty great Indian web series IMO. Season 2 ends on a pretty generic cliffhanger though, but I am dying to see something announced about a Season 3 release date.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:26 am
Grill

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The West Wing is great. Even though 90s tv shows look horrible in HD, I’m glad I waited to watch it. I would not have appreciated it back then, and in 2020 it is nice to get to see a good president in action even in fiction to balance out all the awful things the real one does every day.

NBA playoffs will dominate my tv for the few weeks. Doubt I’ll be watching many shows or movies.

Yeah seeing Sheen as President makes me happy haha. Love it.
And same here for Basketball. Watching every game like its my job haha.

We did finish The Leftovers and now I'm sad it's over because holy crap what a show.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Last week I finished Season 1 and Season 2 of Dirty John. Season 1 is very generic but Season 2 is instantly elevated by Amanda Peet's performance, I highly recommend season 2.

Also binged How I Met Your Mother Season 8 and Season 9. I liked Season 9 much better this time around when binge watching, its easy to digest even though it does get frustrating. As many have already said the finale needed more time to breathe before going back full circle.

Started back The Big Bang Theory season 5 and while funny the show really hinges on Jim Parsons one liners which after five seasons aren't getting any fresher

I have also started Punisher Season 1 and this show is surprisingly very generic among all the Netflix Marvel shows, I like Iron Fist's story better than this but not overall. John Bernthall is really good in here though. I will finish both seasons around next week.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

"I May Destroy You" is probably the best show of the year.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:01 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I decided I should finally finish Season 5 of iZombie. I watched the first two episodes over a year ago. Watched 3-6 last night. Still an enjoyable show.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I have reduced my TV intake to finish my movies backlog. Only doing my daily comedy series currently Big Bang Theory Season 5 and Season 6. The series has great LOL moments but just passable story each episodes. Its the best when the group is together, splitting them in most episodes doesn't work IMO.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:52 pm
The Kramer

Tried Transformers: War for Cybertron last night and wasn't feeling it.

The Boys is great though.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:43 pm
Wallflower

Just finished Season 3 of Elite. I thought it dragged a little early on but the last few episodes got great again. Love this show. Cannot wait for Season 4. I hope they can continue filming in the near future.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:06 am
Wallflower

I have 3 episodes left of Season 2: Part 1 of Pen15. Just as good and awkward as the first season. Would have finished it in one sitting if I didn't work in the morning.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:39 am
100% That Bitch

Halfway Ratched. Basically a season of AHS lite.
It's wonderful to look at and acted beautifully but lol the story is fucked up

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:35 am
Forum General

I'm planning on starting a lot of shows this week including Ratched, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous and Dragon's Dogma. I've just been so caught up trying to finish so much stuff like Monarca, The House of Flowers and 3% which were all good to great shows that I very much enjoyed watching. These Spanish/Mexican shows are just my new favorite thing now lol.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 pm
Wallflower

I've still never finished the show Greek even though I've always enjoyed it. So I'm watching that now.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I started Broad City and Season 1/2 are great. Season 3 was equally good but some episodes start to become routine. I am now at Season 4 and the series has started to go down in quality or it feels that they are struggling to get new ideas. The two leads are so charming they make up for all its flaws.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 am
Wallflower

Did you watch Happy Endings at all Sparrow? I think you'd like that.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:47 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished Happy Endings sometime last year. I loved it for first few seasons and the actors are really great in that but it gets good-not-great towards the final episodes. It should have had a few more seasons though it is very re-watchable series :)

Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Forum General

I really enjoyed Ratched and Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The latter especially surprised me considering its definitely aimed at a younger audience, but the dinosaur lover in me just ate it up and there is plenty of dino action throughout.

Ratched is basically AHS, but Paulson is just stellar throughout as well as the rest of the cast, but man does it get really dark and twisted at point.

Dragon's Dogma ended up being a pretty good anime too, although its no Castlevania. I'd definitely take it over the most recent season of that show though.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:29 am
The Kramer

Why wasn't Moira Kelly in the second season of West Wing? It's not like her character was amazing or anything, just felt weird to lose it, especially when you had a most conveinant way out of it with the failed assassination attempt. Made me feel a little bit less attached to the other characters knowing they can be so easily replaced. And I love Donna, but why is she having conversations with the President? lol

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I finished Happy Endings sometime last year. I loved it for first few seasons and the actors are really great in that but it gets good-not-great towards the final episodes. It should have had a few more seasons though it is very re-watchable series :)

Yeah I wish it wouldn't have ended. It could have survived on NBC. They didn't need that high of ratings if a show was well-received. So bummed someone else didn't pick it up.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Wallflower

Magic Mike wrote:
I've still never finished the show Greek even though I've always enjoyed it. So I'm watching that now.

Finished it and now I'm so bummed Freeform cancelled the reunion movie.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Forum General

Have any of you guys checked out Utopia on Amazon Prime? I pretty much binged the whole thing yesterday and while the relevancy of it creeped me out to no end I have to admit that I really did enjoy it overall. The last couple of episodes were especially great IMO and now I hope we get a second season.

I doubt most people will be able get into though just because of how ill timed it is, but considering I knew nothing about it until yesterday I was quite surprised by it honestly.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm
Forum General

Wow I really loved Ted Lasso and Sudeikis is seriously amazing in it IMO. I've always liked him as an actor, but I never knew he had so much range and that much charisma. I hope Season 2 gets fast tracked as soon as possible, because I really do think its the best show on Apple TV right now.

I also binged Monsterland on Hulu yesterday and enjoyed it for the most part, but I have the same problems with it that I seem to have with the majority of these kinds of shows and that's the fact that they are way more drama heavy than horror heavy which just doesn't appeal to me as much.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm
The Kramer

Watched the first few episodes of Lovecraft Country and ... meh. Episode one showed some promise, but it has not delivered. They pack so much plot into each episode that there is no room left for character beyond black = good and white = bad. Now I'm a guy who definitely enjoys watching racists die horribly, but you can get that just about anywhere nowadays .. with much better writing (see: Watchmen). I'm afraid this one is getting dumped.

Haunting of Bly Manor tomorrow though!

Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:51 pm
100% That Bitch

I'm so excited for Bly Manor

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:47 pm
100% That Bitch

Halfway episode 3 of Bly Mannor and I'm loving it so far.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 pm
100% That Bitch

Episode 5 is a mindfuck just like last year's bent neck lady episode.
I'm loving every second of it.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 32  Next