Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Star Wars Saga - September 
Superman: The Movie

Post The Star Wars Saga - September
Quote:
January 6, 2011

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

• Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
• Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
• Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets at Amazon.com today!"

http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Post Re: The Star Wars Saga - September
Is The Original Trilogy the original one or the CGI enhanced one? I know I'm asking a stupid question because we'll probably never see the release of the original movie in their original state but what the hell...

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

How many times have people already bought this?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 am
The Wall

I haven't bought any SW movies on any medium. But I might finally buy this Saga on BR. Though if the movies are not in their original version my decision is still on shaky grounds. I can wait and I'm patient. My money is worth to me more than it is to Lucas.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

be.redy wrote:
Is The Original Trilogy the original one or the CGI enhanced one? I know I'm asking a stupid question because we'll probably never see the release of the original movie in their original state but what the hell...

They released the original versions on DVD with no enhanced effects or changes a couple of years ago.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:28 pm
The Wall

Did they? Wasn't aware of that. I know Lucas said that the enhanced ones will be the standard because that's how he envisioned the movies. But it's the era of Blu-Ray. I won't bother buying DVDs anymore. Though those could be very cheap now I guess considering they're a few years old.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Thegun wrote:
be.redy wrote:

They released the original versions on DVD with no enhanced effects or changes a couple of years ago.

No, those were DVD releases of the special edition versions

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Speevy wrote:
Thegun wrote:
be.redy wrote:

No, those were DVD releases of the special edition versions

I could be wrong but I think you're both right. I think he's talking about the one's that were released separately and were in non-anamorphic widescreen. There was the 2004 box set with the special edition versions, and the original versions a year or two later that no one wanted because of the widescreen issue.

If any of that is right then I know more about Star Wars DVD's than I want to.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

You're right! I just found the originals on DVD. My mistake!

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'll pass. I own all six films on DVD and I don't want to waste my money on upgrading all of my movies on Blu-Ray. :P All recent movies I buy are on Blu though.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Thegun wrote:
be.redy wrote:

That wasn't even anamorphic widescreen.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:57 am
Profile WWW

True, but they still exist, and if I'm not mistaken the original Star Wars wasn't originally released in widescreen.

He just basically ripped the Laserdisc because it was the least amount of effort.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm
Deshi Basara

Is there any other way but for SW to use the phrase "original original trilogy"?

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Untouched original trilogy, True Original Trilogy, Non Fucked up Original trilogy

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 pm
Site Owner

There's a chance WoKJ may get a copy to giveaway, if so, it'll be based on main site participation. Obviously more info as soon as I have it.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]