Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Resident Evil franchise - Anyone play it? 
Orphan

Post The Resident Evil franchise - Anyone play it?
On the surface, it seems like something I should like but the games are really freaking hard and stressful. I've played a little of the newest one (re imagining of the second game) and it has this huge monster guy chasing you for much of the second half of the game, not unlike the third one (Nemesis). And you can't hurt the guy and he can go through doors and even when he's not in the same room as you, you hear his footsteps. It kind of takes the fun out of the game when you have to run through rooms and past the other enemies because otherwise he'll find you and kill you. And good luck running through a room full of Lickers without being near death by the end of said room.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:59 am
The Kramer

Post Re: The Resident Evil franchise - Anyone play it?
4 is one of the best games ever. And the recent Biohazard is a fantastic reboot as it focuses more on first-person horror than action.

I couldn’t deal with the stiff controls in the first. I want to play the remake of 2 right now but Best Buy delayed my shipment. So I can’t speak for how annoying the Nemisis parts are, as I’ve never played 3 either.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:25 pm
Orphan

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
4 is one of the best games ever. And the recent Biohazard is a fantastic reboot as it focuses more on first-person horror than action.

I couldn’t deal with the stiff controls in the first. I want to play the remake of 2 right now but Best Buy delayed my shipment. So I can’t speak for how annoying the Nemisis parts are, as I’ve never played 3 either.

So have you received your copy of the RE 2 remake yet? Since my original post, I beat the game as Claire and haven't started it again as Leon. There is DLC coming next week that has 3 additional characters' stories to play.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:05 pm
The Kramer

I beat it as Leon and just started my second as Claire. You are right that Tyrant is a son of a bitch, but luckily I had been killing all the lickers and didn’t run into the same issues as you. Leon’s shotgun takes them down in 3 or 4 hits. So far I’ve been having a tough time with Claire’s revolver so her story might just be more difficult in general.

I’m enjoying the game so much that I haven’t even started Kingdom Hearts yet.

Ada will obviously be one of the DLC but I wonder who else. Annette? Chris and Jill?

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:03 pm
The Kramer

Wow Tyrant came WAY earlier in my Claire playthrough. Or maybe that's just because of NG+?

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]