Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wii U: Priced and Dated 
Author Message
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
The Dark Shape wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:
FILMO wrote:
PS3 and XBox360 really didnt sell more at the start?

Yeah but those were $500 and $600 respectively, not this cheap Nintendo junk (still overpriced, btw).


Xbox 360 was sold in $299 and $399 SKUs at launch.

And it turns out the cheapest PS3 was $499. Got my numbers wrong.

Makes me wonder how dare they sell the cheapest WiiU for $300 when MS could sell their 360 for the same price 7 frigging years ago.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
They can sell it for that price because it sells. Wii U's sales are equal to the Wii's launch everywhere except Europe, and much stronger than Xbox 360 and PS3.

Why is an iPad mini $329? Because people will buy it.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Hey, i know how it works. Still makes me angry. Well, not really. I don't care about Nintendo and their silly games one bit, never have, never will. If they make a living from selling overpriced junk, so be it. What makes me angry is when they start having an effect on my precious hobby. MS's and Sony's chase after the casual market? That stupid motion control fad? Nintendo is directly responsible for that. We might get an integrated kinect in the next xbox if rumors are to be believed and that, well, that would make me furious! Why? Because the costs of that junk could have been used to beef up system specs.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:10 am
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nintendo's directly responsible for just about everything in gaming.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Everything bad these days.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Yeah, like d-pads. And the Super Nintendo controller layout that everything since 1991 has ripped off.

I'm not a fan of motion control, but in the very few times it's been forced on me, I've never found it game-breaking.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nazgul9 wrote:
Everything bad these days.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Oh, those things aren't in use these days?

I would argue the worst thing about gaming is poor games, and that's certainly not something Nintendo has a hand in. You may not like New Super Mario Bros. U, or The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, or any of their brethren; but they're pretty much the pinnacle of their respective genres.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
There are better platformers on xbox live for cheap and for sure better RPGs on other platforms.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Which platformer has tighter gameplay than NSMBU? I call you a liar and a fanboy, sir. (And Zelda is an action game, not an RPG.)

Nintendo has developed two of the three best reviewed games of all time -- in the last five years.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:45 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Metacritic doesn't lie!

Nintendo is a worse offender than Activision, EA, MS and Sony put together. Mario, Zelda... it's all they do! For 20 or how many frigging years! They are creatively bankrupt.

_________________
Image


Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm
Profile
The Original
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:19 am
Posts: 9808
Location: Suisse
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
But they saved the console gaming market with the NES 20 years ago!
:hahaha:

_________________
Libs wrote:
FILMO, I'd rather have you eat chocolate syrup off my naked body than be a moderator here.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:02 am
Profile
Ocarina of Time
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 7895
Location: Hyrule
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nazgul9 is just a nintendo hater, he will never see something good or positive from the big N

He will only be happy when X720/PS4 release their tablets!

_________________
Most Anticipated 2019

1. Toy Story 4
2. Joker
3. Shazam
4. Star Wars: Episode IX
5. Detective Pikachu
6. The Conjuring 3
7. Avengers Endgame
8. X-men Dark Phoenix
9. Godzilla 2: King of Monsters
10. The LEGO Movie 2


Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:03 am
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nazgul9 wrote:
Metacritic doesn't lie!

Nintendo is a worse offender than Activision, EA, MS and Sony put together. Mario, Zelda... it's all they do! For 20 or how many frigging years! They are creatively bankrupt.


What do Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii have in common, exactly? Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with a different coat of paint.

I am amused that you call them creatively bankrupt after bitching about everything they've brought to the table in the modern era.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 am
Profile YIM
Ocarina of Time
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 7895
Location: Hyrule
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
The Dark Shape wrote:
Nazgul9 wrote:
Metacritic doesn't lie!

Nintendo is a worse offender than Activision, EA, MS and Sony put together. Mario, Zelda... it's all they do! For 20 or how many frigging years! They are creatively bankrupt.


What do Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii have in common, exactly? Call of Duty: Black Ops II is just Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with a different coat of paint.

I am amused that you call them creatively bankrupt after bitching about everything they've brought to the table in the modern era.


That's the job of a hater, when you trash, bash, bitch something without trying it first

_________________
Most Anticipated 2019

1. Toy Story 4
2. Joker
3. Shazam
4. Star Wars: Episode IX
5. Detective Pikachu
6. The Conjuring 3
7. Avengers Endgame
8. X-men Dark Phoenix
9. Godzilla 2: King of Monsters
10. The LEGO Movie 2


Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 am
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
I've given you a reason why i hate them.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 am
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Because of all the stuff they've introduced this era, as Microsoft and Sony have imitated them.

But they're creatively bankrupt...

So how did they introduce this new stuff that Microsoft and Sony had to imitate?

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
They have introduced motion control this era. They can go to hell for that.

They are creatively bankrupt for like a decade, doing the same games over and over again.

It's others who are setting the tone now. MS made online big on consoles (online multiplayer, downloadable smaller games, other online services like watching TV / movies), they introduced achievements, they have arguably the best controller. There's a reason there was almost no excitement whatsoever in the industry for the Wii U. It's Nintendo that has catching up to do.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:33 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
You are such a fanboy. "They can go to hell (for introducing a feature that hasn't been forced on me and I can easily ignore)!"

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:09 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
No, YOU are such a fanboy.

The Dark Shape wrote:
"They can go to hell (for introducing a feature that hasn't been forced on me and I can easily ignore)!"

Nazgul9 wrote:
We might get an integrated kinect in the next xbox if rumors are to be believed and that, well, that would make me furious! Why? Because the costs of that junk could have been used to beef up system specs.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:21 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nazgul9 wrote:
No, YOU are such a fanboy.


I own a PS3, an Xbox 360, a gaming laptop, and a Wii U. I don't get angry at companies for existing. I'm a fanboy how now?

The Dark Shape wrote:
"They can go to hell (for introducing a feature that hasn't been forced on me and I can easily ignore)!"

Nazgul9 wrote:
We might get an integrated kinect in the next xbox if rumors are to be believed and that, well, that would make me furious! Why? Because the costs of that junk could have been used to beef up system specs.


Yes, because if they didn't integrate Kinect, they would totally boost the specs and not, you know, put out the same unit and make more money on each box sold.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:38 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
The Dark Shape wrote:
I'm a fanboy how now?

For defending Nintendo.

The Dark Shape wrote:
Yes, because if they didn't integrate Kinect, they would totally boost the specs and not, you know, put out the same unit and make more money on each box sold.

Exactly.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Nazgul9 wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:
I'm a fanboy how now?

For defending Nintendo.


I don't think you know what a fanboy is.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 11289
Location: Germany
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
I do. There's nothing to defend Nintendo for since they released the Wii.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:04 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: Wii U: Priced and Dated
Except for this, this, this, this, and this.

A fanboy is someone who blindly defends or attacks a company. What said company does or doesn't do is pretty irrelevant; it all comes down to the poster's personal bias. (Which you're about to demonstrate when you say that those games are all terrible and/or somehow don't matter because they have brand names.)

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.