Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Sony Playstation 3 
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Post Re: Sony Playstation 3
Well, that's what I was wondering... if it was a trilogy with a deep storyline through all the games, or if it was more like Tomb Raider with a secondary weak storyline - where you could really play any of the games in any order and not lose anything.

I'm in no hurry, so I'll play them in order.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Start with Uncharted first. I would get all those games. I would then get Infamous 1 & 2 but only get them if they are at a discounted price. I liked the first game but the second one seems to be lacking however not as badly as Crackdown 2 was. Little Big Planet 1&2 would be other great editions but it really depends if you have any patience with creating your own games for others to enjoy. I think your wife would most likely love those since the kind of games women enjoy are Wii type games or Sims.

Lastly its a love it or hate it type game with Demon Souls and Dark Souls. If you like very hard challenging games where the game automatically saves without having a reload option, and enjoy dying alot only to have to run back to your corpse 15-20 minutes later, this game is for you

Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm
Forum General

Yeah I finally opened my PS3 and played Black Ops.

The campaign was lots of fun but not really good, very little replay value unlike MW 1 or even MW2.

I like levels where you really engage in serious firefight like in MW1 Iraq Level or the levels in MW2.

I dislike this rail gun shooting crap.

Anyways Multilayer is still lots of fun, I got to around level 32 in 2 days.

PSN is pretty good when its working fine.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

El Murato wrote:
Start with Uncharted first. I would get all those games. I would then get Infamous 1 & 2 but only get them if they are at a discounted price. I liked the first game but the second one seems to be lacking however not as badly as Crackdown 2 was. Little Big Planet 1&2 would be other great editions but it really depends if you have any patience with creating your own games for others to enjoy. I think your wife would most likely love those since the kind of games women enjoy are Wii type games or Sims.

Lastly its a love it or hate it type game with Demon Souls and Dark Souls. If you like very hard challenging games where the game automatically saves without having a reload option, and enjoy dying alot only to have to run back to your corpse 15-20 minutes later, this game is for you

I got Uncharted 1 and 2 and have played a few hours of 1 today. Forgot about Infamous... I will definitely try that one.

I dont think I'd like LBP... doesn't look to be my thing, and the wife is more interested in Facebook/iPhone games. May rent it though.

I may rent Demon Souls... I don't mind a challenge (loved Ninja Gaiden), but I have to be really into a game to overcome the frustration.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:06 pm
Forum General

I have the demo for Uncharted 2 and its fun but do not feel like spending so much money on it.

I just got a Ps3 and still playing the big games like Cod and GTA on it.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Mannyisthebest wrote:
I have the demo for Uncharted 2 and its fun but do not feel like spending so much money on it.

I just got a Ps3 and still playing the big games like Cod and GTA on it.

You can find Uncharted 2 for under $20 easy ($15 shipped used). I got the dual pack (1 & 2) new for $35.

I'm about through 1. Good, fun game, especially considering it's 4 years old. I do see some problems with it, in that none of it feels original (a lot is directly stolen from Tomb Raider), but again... it's kept me off my 360. I'll play 2 next, and then probably Infamous.

Have other questions if anybody can answer these....

Killzone 2 or 3... worth playing? Does the order matter? Same questions for Resistance.

And, why the fucking hell is the game updates so large for the PS3? Went to put in MLB the Show today and said it needed a 400 MB update that took 20 minutes to download. Never had an update take longer than a couple seconds with the 360.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Didnt care much for Resistence and Killzone. Ive played them but then again Im not so much a big fan of traditional FPS games. BTW did you sign up for the PSN network? I could add you to my lonely buddy list

I did find the exclusive Yakuza games to be underated but it may not be your taste. Maybe too japanese for your taste

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:16 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

El Murato wrote:
Didnt care much for Resistence and Killzone. Ive played them but then again Im not so much a big fan of traditional FPS games. BTW did you sign up for the PSN network? I could add you to my lonely buddy list

I did find the exclusive Yakuza games to be underated but it may not be your taste. Maybe too japanese for your taste

I sometimes like weird Japanese... just depends. I'll try to rent that one. I'll probably just rent Killzone and Resistence then... something tells me I probably won't like them that much either.

And, yes... I have exactly zero friends on the PS3... :( Please add me: TheAvengersXbox so I can have 1 friend now! :hump:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Unfortunately its not quite Deadly Premonition weird but weird enough. One of the cutscenes had mob members who had diaper fetishes

That was one of the old PS2 version from 2004 so you wont get the impression of it having poor graphics

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:31 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

:funny: Wow!

Although, it was a toss up between what was weirder... the diaper scene or that it was a 2004 game that was mostly text based - like a bad Nintendo game (ie, all of them).

It definitely looks weird in a funny way, though. And I did enjoy Deadly Premonition.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I completely forgot about Heavy Rain. Its a must have game in your collection and you can probably pick it up for $20-30. Its a little short but it has replay value because of the multiple paths and endings

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 pm
The Kramer

Yay, Tony! Welcome to the club, I'm gonna add you.

DC Universe Online just went free to play if you are interested in a superhero MMORPG.

But Uncharted and inFamous are where its at on the ps3.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:26 pm
Extraordinary

Glad to see you join Tony i will add you.
As far as Killzone goes i think its a mediocre series with pretty graphics, i think you will love UC2 and possibly Infamous 1 and 2.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Killzone feels very choppy and awkward compared to likes of Halo and COD.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

El Murato wrote:
I completely forgot about Heavy Rain. Its a must have game in your collection and you can probably pick it up for $20-30. Its a little short but it has replay value because of the multiple paths and endings

You'd recommend buy>rental for HR, then? And what's your PS ID?

Thanks neo and Flav... I feel like somebody now that I have more than zero friends. :thumbsup:

Not expecting much from Killzone 2, but just curious as it was so hyped back in the day. And I found it for $7, so can't really lose there. Same thing for Little Big Planet.... not sure if I'll like it, but for under $10, what the heck.

It's definitely been a heck of a lot more fun going through the PS3s greatest hits than it was when I got the Wii.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:18 pm

I added you. Nice sexy avatar!. Heavy Rain could be a rental to others because the gameplay is short like around 6-7 hours however theres replay value because theres like half a dozen different endings and multiple routes to even get to the same ending. I think buying it is a good faith in the developers if you are satisfied with the product

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:00 pm
The Kramer

Heavy Rain is intense. Very depressing, but definitely worth a play through or two. The game is pretty much entirely quicktime events, with a little bit of LA Noireish detective work thrown in.

God of War III should be cheap by now.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:52 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Avatar is from Saints Row 3... can not wait for that game. I have been counting down the minutes.

I'll definitely pick up Heavy Rain, but may wait until I make a dent on the ones I have and have coming in a few days (Halo, Saints Row 3).

I'm just about through Uncharted 2. I put about 7 straight hours into it today, which is a ton for me in one sitting, considering my ADD. Really like it, and so far the Uncharted series has been worth picking up the PS3 for.

Might be the prettiest game this generation. Red Dead would be up there, and Arkham City too. Hmmmm... I need to give this some thought now.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 pm
Forum General

Uncharted is like Indiana Jones but on the PS3.

Played the demo for both and I think I will check it out.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

So I bought a ton of PS3 games for like 10 bucks each.

Got
Uncharted 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Gran Trismo 5
FF13
Metal Gear Solid (PS3)
MW2
Just Cause 2

I think I will check out UnCharted 2 until MW3 comes out on Tuesday.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Finished Uncharted 2 a while ago, but have been replaying it to get more trophies. It is easily one of the best games I've played this generation.

Little Big Planet is cute and fun... not exactly my thing, but I played it more than I thought I would. As a sub $10 game, it was fantastic. Not sure I'd feel the same as a $60 game, though.

Tried a little of Infamous... like some of the Crackdown-esque jumping and action. Reminds me a little of Prototype, though, which I didn't like in that the graphics are average and central character is brooding and not that likable. Will have to play some more before I can really tell, but on the fence early.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm
Forum General

You finish games quick.

So LBP was decent enough to keep your attention for more than 1-2 plays?

How long did Uncharted 2 take you to complete? I still haven't opened my copy.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:25 am
Forum General

U2 can be done in 2 days.

If you play on normal or hard a few days.

Some of the levels are quite hard like the last level and the train level.

Train level is just so crazy and over the top. You are jumping a long a train fighting an army of enemies while fighting a helicopter, and people say COD is over the top... :funny:

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mannyisthebest wrote:

COD can be done in half a day.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 pm
Extraordinary

Mannyisthebest wrote:

If you play on normal or hard a few days.

Some of the levels are quite hard like the last level and the train level.

Train level is just so crazy and over the top. You are jumping a long a train fighting an army of enemies while fighting a helicopter, and people say COD is over the top... :funny:

The train act is my favorite part of the game, the finest action level of the generation imo, Its over the top just like the Indy films its inspired by, thats why its so entertaining.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next