Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Commander and Chef

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
yea well, argos and guybrush have been warned, not just for derailing but also for the creation of a thread recently they weren't sincere in the slightest. if it continues, expect bannings soon

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

So, I've been warned for "derailing" in a thread that I haven't even posted in (this very posting now aside) and for creating a thread that another person created. Chapeau.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 pm
Extraordinary

Excel wrote:

Is that supposed to be moving? :funny:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Box wrote:
Excel wrote:

Is that supposed to be moving? :funny:

Yes, you cruel, insensitive bastard! BAN HIM!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm
Extraordinary

Simply put, If you don't have gentle or remorseful or memorial type commentss to leave in this particular thread then just move on and go to the next thread where your views may actually be needed.

I think in the beginning we had shock, expressions of sadness with the comments then we had discussions about the TDK and how that would be affected which bothered some which turned into comments about why people are even sharing supposed feelings over someone they didn't even know. Point is, if we knew him or not is irrelevent. The thread at this point is and should be more of a memorial type thread with news updates as needed.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 pm
problem?

Did anyone else read the article on Yahoo.com that said the chick that first found Heath called Mary-Kate Olsen twice before she called 911? wtf.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:46 pm
Forum General

Korrgan wrote:
Did anyone else read the article on Yahoo.com that said the chick that first found Heath called Mary-Kate Olsen twice before she called 911? wtf.

What I read is that there were two people who found him, one called 911, the other called Olsen's bodyguard, who is an EMT.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Korrgan wrote:

What I found even creepier is that his housekeeper came before that (at around 1pm), and noticed he was passed out on the bed - but because he was apparently snoring she thought nothing of it and left. It is estimated that he died between 1pm and 2:45pm yesterday. :|

Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Korrgan wrote:

You're being grossly unfair to me. I was as shocked as anyone else by his death, and am very saddened for him and his family. But stuff like what excel posted confirms that the reaction has become farcical. People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

You have people being upset that Michelle Williams' photos are being taken, and yet they're looking at those photos, EAGERLY. And you're riveted by this connection with the Olsen twins. This whole incident has become yet another celebrity freakshow.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Last edited by Box on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
The Original

Korrgan wrote:

I did read it on CNN. Well to be fair. Maybe she just thought he is drunk or so and didnt look closer and wanted to know if she can leave.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm
problem?

Box wrote:
Korrgan wrote:

You're being grossly unfair to me. I was as shocked as anyone else by his death, and am very saddened for him and his family. But stuff like what excel posted confirms that the reaction has become farcical. People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

You have people being upset that Michelle Williams' photos are being taken, and yet they're looking at those photos, EAGERLY. And you're riveted by this connection with the Olsen twins. This whole incident has become yet another celebrity freakshow.

BAAAAANNN HIM!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:55 pm
Extraordinary

I'm not mocking people! I want to point out that this is farcical.

And I did apologize and do mean it, although I don't really care about Makeshift and Gullimont anymore, so whether they accept the apology or not is irrelevant at this point. For the most part, I was being an ass yesterday.

BUT, my point is that there is something irrational in all this which seems to go by unnoticed.

MadGez wrote:

Last edited by Box on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Eh, I don't think Box is causing any "problems" right now.

I don't find the Batman Image above to be "moving" either (not saying I dont, but I dont...) I mean, it's rather just there?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Eh, I don't think Box is causing any "problems" right now.

I don't find the Batman Image above to be "moving" either (not saying I dont, but I dont...) I mean, it's rather just there?

There's a difference Corpse between thinking something isn't moving (for the record, I didn't either) and posting

Quote:
People are relishing wallowing in their own sadness; it's almost pleasurable.

But to each their own I guess. I bowed out the thread last night around this time and found 5 pages of insanity.

I hope it calms down a bit.

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about his post quoting what Excel posted.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Loyal, this is a forum. Why shouldn't someone point out how ridiculous that picture is? There's nothing moving about it.

MadGez wrote:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

you cant blame the girl for not calling 911 first; the last thing youd think was this 28 year old star was DEAD

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 am
Orphan

Yahoo Buzz Index:

1. Heath Ledger - +2500

6. The Dark Knight - +132

7. Michelle Williams - +130

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:58 am
Forum General

^ yeseterday everywhere i went i heard about Heath Ledger especially in my university.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
El Pollo Loco wrote:
Argos wrote:
El Pollo Loco wrote:
I'm a movie lover just like most here at KJ and Ledger is an actor that was part of my love for cinema and it's tragic that such a talent is not in this world anymore.

Part of the cinema... so, you're in deep mourning when a good camera is damaged?

Did you just compare a human being to a camera?

Yes, for both are parts of making a movie.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

box, you are smarter than that. i think everyone has noticed that there is a certain level of phoniness from a select few on here, but i...don't know. i've avoided responding to some of the thing i've read on here because i know it will just add fuel. somehow if you don't know someone personally it it is ok to take a death lightly? it's beyond disrespectful. if his death has affected you in no way then i don't see the need for anyone to still come into this thread and mandate that everyone react the same way you did and start what has been going on in the past few pages which i can only describe as incredibly crass. i hope the thread manages to stay more positive, but either way this is the last thing i'm saying on the matter.

about heath's death...as i posted yesterday, it's a strange feeling. of course i realize it is nothing like what people who did know him personally must be going through and i will go on with my normal every day life, but there is a certain sense of loss. loss of potential, i guess. he was a great actor who showed promised early on (particularly in monster's ball) but of course it was his performance in brokeback mountain (one of the decade's best) that brought attention to what he was capable of as an actor. and then i couldn't help but wonder what would come next. so to have his life end so shortly after that does feel tragic and unexplainable. he was obviously someone who was very dedicated to his work and i see nothing wrong with celebrating his career. he managed to follow up his performance in brokeback with another great one in candy and the first time i saw the trailer for tdk i was equally amazed. i personally look forward to seeing his last performance in an unfortunately short career when the film comes out...

Best Actress 2008

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

BKB's Ultimatum wrote:
Hey Mav.. How goes it?? And yeah, you do raise a good point about people not even seeing the movie yet and saying how brilliant he is, but in the end, he'll be given a pass and not critiqued failrly cause of his death..

Hey, BKB... It's going well. That's a good point, as well. I would expect the objectivity to be pretty much of a no show when reviewing Ledger's performance, even if the movie itself gets panned. It'll be over-the-top praise heaped on him by critics, and I'm sure that the internet will be (sadly) the only place to find any objectivity. I'll try to post something, as I've always been a beacon of objectivity in a quagmire of bipolar internet musings. :cool:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:59 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

some good news:

Quote:
US church vows to picket Ledger memorial

An American church plans to picket memorials held for Australian actor Heath Ledger because he played a gay cowboy in the film Brokeback Mountain.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, says it will protest against any memorial held for Ledger in the United States because the 28-year-old actor supported homosexuals.

"I'm going to picket him in two places," parishioner Shirley Phelps told Sydney radio station 2Day FM.

"I'm going to stand outside of any public memorial service that he has here.

"And then the other place I'm going to picket him is when they prop him up to worship his dead, rotting carcass further at the Oscars. I'll be right outside by the red carpet."

It is understood Ledger's body will be returned to Perth, where his former school has offered to hold a memorial service.

The church has ruled out travelling to Australia for the funeral.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30 am
Commander and Chef

getluv wrote:
some good news:

Quote:
US church vows to picket Ledger memorial

An American church plans to picket memorials held for Australian actor Heath Ledger because he played a gay cowboy in the film Brokeback Mountain.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, says it will protest against any memorial held for Ledger in the United States because the 28-year-old actor supported homosexuals.

"I'm going to picket him in two places," parishioner Shirley Phelps told Sydney radio station 2Day FM.

"I'm going to stand outside of any public memorial service that he has here.

"And then the other place I'm going to picket him is when they prop him up to worship his dead, rotting carcass further at the Oscars. I'll be right outside by the red carpet."

It is understood Ledger's body will be returned to Perth, where his former school has offered to hold a memorial service.

The church has ruled out travelling to Australia for the funeral.

That would be some immigration. I'd love to be around when they're answering the purpose of their visit.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

loyalfromlondon wrote:
she's also planning to picket what will probably be a non-existent award shows.

Thank god for idiots.

Kevin Smith should do what he did with Dogma

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next