Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Forum General

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
^ yeseterday everywhere i went i heard about Heath Ledger especially in my university.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
El Pollo Loco wrote:
Argos wrote:
El Pollo Loco wrote:
I'm a movie lover just like most here at KJ and Ledger is an actor that was part of my love for cinema and it's tragic that such a talent is not in this world anymore.

Part of the cinema... so, you're in deep mourning when a good camera is damaged?

Did you just compare a human being to a camera?

Yes, for both are parts of making a movie.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

box, you are smarter than that. i think everyone has noticed that there is a certain level of phoniness from a select few on here, but i...don't know. i've avoided responding to some of the thing i've read on here because i know it will just add fuel. somehow if you don't know someone personally it it is ok to take a death lightly? it's beyond disrespectful. if his death has affected you in no way then i don't see the need for anyone to still come into this thread and mandate that everyone react the same way you did and start what has been going on in the past few pages which i can only describe as incredibly crass. i hope the thread manages to stay more positive, but either way this is the last thing i'm saying on the matter.

about heath's death...as i posted yesterday, it's a strange feeling. of course i realize it is nothing like what people who did know him personally must be going through and i will go on with my normal every day life, but there is a certain sense of loss. loss of potential, i guess. he was a great actor who showed promised early on (particularly in monster's ball) but of course it was his performance in brokeback mountain (one of the decade's best) that brought attention to what he was capable of as an actor. and then i couldn't help but wonder what would come next. so to have his life end so shortly after that does feel tragic and unexplainable. he was obviously someone who was very dedicated to his work and i see nothing wrong with celebrating his career. he managed to follow up his performance in brokeback with another great one in candy and the first time i saw the trailer for tdk i was equally amazed. i personally look forward to seeing his last performance in an unfortunately short career when the film comes out...

Best Actress 2008

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

BKB's Ultimatum wrote:
Hey Mav.. How goes it?? And yeah, you do raise a good point about people not even seeing the movie yet and saying how brilliant he is, but in the end, he'll be given a pass and not critiqued failrly cause of his death..

Hey, BKB... It's going well. That's a good point, as well. I would expect the objectivity to be pretty much of a no show when reviewing Ledger's performance, even if the movie itself gets panned. It'll be over-the-top praise heaped on him by critics, and I'm sure that the internet will be (sadly) the only place to find any objectivity. I'll try to post something, as I've always been a beacon of objectivity in a quagmire of bipolar internet musings. :cool:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:59 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

some good news:

Quote:
US church vows to picket Ledger memorial

An American church plans to picket memorials held for Australian actor Heath Ledger because he played a gay cowboy in the film Brokeback Mountain.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, says it will protest against any memorial held for Ledger in the United States because the 28-year-old actor supported homosexuals.

"I'm going to picket him in two places," parishioner Shirley Phelps told Sydney radio station 2Day FM.

"I'm going to stand outside of any public memorial service that he has here.

"And then the other place I'm going to picket him is when they prop him up to worship his dead, rotting carcass further at the Oscars. I'll be right outside by the red carpet."

It is understood Ledger's body will be returned to Perth, where his former school has offered to hold a memorial service.

The church has ruled out travelling to Australia for the funeral.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:30 am
Commander and Chef

getluv wrote:
some good news:

Quote:

An American church plans to picket memorials held for Australian actor Heath Ledger because he played a gay cowboy in the film Brokeback Mountain.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, says it will protest against any memorial held for Ledger in the United States because the 28-year-old actor supported homosexuals.

"I'm going to picket him in two places," parishioner Shirley Phelps told Sydney radio station 2Day FM.

"And then the other place I'm going to picket him is when they prop him up to worship his dead, rotting carcass further at the Oscars. I'll be right outside by the red carpet."

It is understood Ledger's body will be returned to Perth, where his former school has offered to hold a memorial service.

That would be some immigration. I'd love to be around when they're answering the purpose of their visit.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

loyalfromlondon wrote:
she's also planning to picket what will probably be a non-existent award shows.

Thank god for idiots.

Kevin Smith should do what he did with Dogma

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

getluv wrote:
some good news:

Quote:

people like her :disgust: are the ones that should die unexpectdly.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:37 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

bABA wrote:
getluv wrote:
some good news:

Quote:

That would be some immigration. I'd love to be around when they're answering the purpose of their visit.

well i doubt any of them own passports or know where Australia is.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:38 am
Romosexual!

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Or they end up in a Hostel type of situation and are all killed. Perhaps, they get lost in the Alps and have to kill one another Battle Royale style and resort to cannabilism to survive.

now that's a hostel movie i would pay to watch. :thumbsup:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:56 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

getluv wrote:
some good news:

Quote:

People like that make me sick. They should be put in jail for life.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Heath Ledger is ruining my KJ experience. :/

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Nebs wrote:
Heath Ledger is ruining my KJ experience. :/

Yeah, me too a bit.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:56 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Gee?? I guess the ONION Heath Ledger death spoof I posted yesterday didn't go over well huh?? :-k It looks to have been yanked.. Just for the record, I found that over at RT, but yeah it was a little too soon and in poor taste...

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

What the hell, are we being scolded for mourning over someone's death, the most shocking celebrity death of our time

Are you fucking KIDDING me

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:10 pm
Orphan

Shack wrote:
What the hell, are we being scolded for mourning over someone's death, the most shocking celebrity death of our time

If all you have to worry about is mourning the death of a celebrity, consider yourself lucky.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:18 pm
Extraordinary

Joe wrote:
Shack wrote:

If all you have to worry about is mourning the death of a celebrity, consider yourself lucky.

You have no heart :sleep:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Shack wrote:

You missed the point entirely.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:47 pm
Extraordinary

Joe wrote:
Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Shack wrote:

So much anger...so little cause :sleep:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Shack wrote:

:disgust:

Plenty of cause and reason.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:52 pm
Extraordinary

Joe wrote:
Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Box wrote:
Joe wrote:
Shack wrote:

:disgust:

Plenty of cause

So you are angry? Why? :tears:

MadGez wrote:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Not angry, per se.

Enough about this. Back to Heath.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:57 pm
Z

Malaria causes about 400–900 million cases of fever and approximately one to three million deaths annually — this represents at least one death every 30 seconds.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Argos wrote:
Malaria causes about 400–900 million cases of fever and approximately one to three million deaths annually — this represents at least one death every 30 seconds. So what is the point? Yes, deaths happen every second of every day all across the world. This thread is dealing with the death of one person, Health Ledger. Please move on, Sir.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Z

nghtvsn wrote:
So what is the point?

Try to guess while reading the last few pages.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next