Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
The 5th B-Sharp

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
I just don't know what to say. I mean Heath Ledger was no huge hit he wasn't the most powerful man out there, but its so shocking there's really been nothing in my generation. (Keep in mind, 16) that can come close to surpassing this for me.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:33 pm
On autopilot for the summer

This is terrible, and unexpected, prayers to his family. Olsen's apartment was just a rumor, its been confirmed now.

Theres nothing wrong with knowing if he finished films. Nothing wrong with wanting to see an actor's last work.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

PresidentPalmer wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Heath Ledger's Friend: "We Saw It Coming"
http://www.usmagazine.com/exclusive_..._saw_it_coming

Quote:
News of Heath Ledger's death has shaken friends of the actor.

"This is terrible and I'm in shock," a close friend of Ledger's tells Usmagazine.com. "But to tell you the truth... we saw it coming."

"Heath has gone though a rough road of trying to get sober," the source tells Us.

"Things were very dark," the source says. "His one joy was Matilda." Matilda is his 2-year-old daughter with ex-wife Michelle Williams. They split in September.

"Everything else was misery for him," adds the source."Unfortunately he was too late in getting help."

There's the problem. And a perfect example of doing something when you suspect something, or even know something, even if the person wouldn't want you to. When it comes to a situation like suicide, homicidal tendicies, etc.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
PresidentPalmer wrote:
"This is terrible and I'm in shock," a close friend of Ledger's tells Usmagazine.com. "But to tell you the truth... we saw it coming."

Close friends sprouting out of the ground...

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Motherfuckin' sexual

I concur that this is shocking news. I thought it was a joke when I saw it on Drudge Report. I always though he had a drug abuse problem. This just shows that everyone has problems.

BTW, is the Dark Knight in trouble? Are they done filming? This could really damage that movie big time.

RIP Ledger.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defeats all expectations

RIP, Ledger.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:41 pm
Wallflower

This is BEYOND horrible!!!!! My dad told me when I got home and I was thinking, "No! This can't be! There must be some mistake." This isn't right :cry:. Brad Renfro's death was surprising, but he wasn't a favorite of mine at all and it didn't really affect me. Heath had soooo much promise. I thought he would get an Oscar someday and everything. They should have given him the Oscar for BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN the bastards!!!! My god, I never, ever could have predicted this. He was my favorite actor :(. I just can't believe this. No celebrity death has ever hit me this hard before.

R.I.P. :cry:

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
Z

TheSuaveOne wrote:
Are they done filming?

Ja.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

For those with Facebook.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

You know, I don't which is more shocking: Heath Ledger's unexpected death or the fact that TMZ Up dates every 60 seconds with footage of them practically dragging Ledger's body out of the mansion he was staying in?? :grrr: I suppose at this point that it's really hard to rip this guy on playing the JOKER in TDK so it's a given he'll get a pass on it.. R.I.P

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

I like Warner Bros. statement. it mentions nothing about the movie. at least they have respect during these times.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 pm
Indiana Jones IV

WARNER BROS RELEASE A STATEMENT

Quote:
"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

http://www.tmz.com/

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Z

PresidentPalmer wrote:
WARNER BROS RELEASE A STATEMENT

Quote:
"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

http://www.tmz.com/

Who needs hearts of plastic?

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

WTF??!?!?!?!?

How the hell did this happen?

This is extremely shocking. :tears:

I pray to god that TDK now officially becomes the highest grossing movie ever. Just for him.

Seriously i am having hard time to believe this.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

TheSuaveOne wrote:
I concur that this is shocking news. I thought it was a joke when I saw it on Drudge Report. I always though he had a drug abuse problem. This just shows that everyone has problems.

BTW, is the Dark Knight in trouble? Are they done filming? This could really damage that movie big time.

RIP Ledger.

The film was in post-production, so Heath's death should have no effect on the release of the film. As far as future films, guys, let's wait until we reach that point (and no, an actor's death will not have an effect on an entire franchise).

Right now, it's time to remember Heath.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Wow. I am floored.

I think this is the first huge celebrity death of my generation, and most of ours.

Really, really sad.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

BKB's Ultimatum wrote:
You know, I don't which is more shocking: Heath Ledger's unexpected death or the fact that TMZ Up dates every 60 seconds with footage of them practically dragging Ledger's body out of the mansion he was staying in?? :grrr: I suppose at this point that it's really hard to rip this guy on playing the JOKER in TDK so it's a given he'll get a pass on it.. R.I.P

TMZ???

On what news is this being telecasted.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Lover of Bacon

Seriously shocking news, i'm not quite sure i can believe it. He was the same age as me, i just can't seem to get my head round it.

Rest in peace, heath.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:10 pm
Indiana Jones IV

LadiesMan217 wrote:
BKB's Ultimatum wrote:

TMZ???

On what news is this being telecasted.

anyone who has anything to do with TMZ should be shot in the head. people and shows like theirs are exactly whats wrong with world.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

It just goes to show how money and fame can be an illusion masking a deeply troubled person. It so sad he died - and even worse that he seemed to have died alone in such circumstances. He must have been feeling very low.

Im the same - this has really saddened me. River Pheonix was a shock but I was only 13 and thus it didnt hit me as hard as this.

I remember seeing him in 10 Things I hate About You and was impressed with him in that film. A local with great prospects in Hollywood. Its also sad that he had a 2 year old daughter with Michelle. :(

RIP mate.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:13 pm
Wallflower

I'm going to rent movies of his that I hadn't seen yet, like THE BROTHERS GRIMM (I'd watched the beginning but it seemed horrible so I didn't watch it all - I will now though), THE FOUR FEATHERS, and NED KELLY.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:18 pm
Superman: The Movie

I just found out by sitting down and opening up Yahoo. This is seriously fucked up. I liked Ledger as an actor in the few small films I've seen him in, not my favorite or anything though, but for some reason this was just like a punch to the stomach. This is just sad and like many others have said, completely out of nowhere.

He will be missed.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Mike wrote:
I'm going to rent movies of his that I hadn't seen yet, like THE BROTHERS GRIMM (I'd watched the beginning but it seemed horrible so I didn't watch it all - I will now though), THE FOUR FEATHERS, and NED KELLY.

I just got back from Movie Gallery and they already had a special section of his movies :unsure:

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 pm
Wallflower

Wow. I should put together one at my Movie Gallery.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:44 pm
Extraordinary

I was out with co-workers celebrating our last release, and it's fortunate that we already pretty much finished when someone broke the news. My mind just went blank for like, I don't know how long. The most unexpected celebrity death I've experienced, ever.

I know it's a petty thought comparing to the tragedy, but I wish WGA and academy would just strike a deal now to ensure the Oscar ceremony to go on so he could get honored in Memoriam, even though this year is going to be especially hard to handle emotionally with the passing of Bergman and Antonioni, and now Ledger.

R.I.P Ledger.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next