Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED 
Forum General

Post Re: HEATH LEDGER JUST DIED
Mike wrote:

Before even coming online and sharing my grief with others I was devastated. When I came home and my dad told me I couldn't believe it. I was in denial that it could even be true. It felt like a bad dream. But it is true, and I've never been as upset over a celebrity death. This one couldn't have been more unexpected.

I think Dkmuto is right. For me at least, it is his involvment in Brokeback Mountain that is why this death has affected me as much. Had he not been in that movie and I hadn't seen how talented he really is, then I wouldn't have been as big of a fan or this upset. Before Brokeback Mountain I didn't think he was all that special.

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide wrote up a really nice thing on Brokeback sentiment in the wake of yesterday:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry ... e=12345678

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

An earlier report from CBS News in New York that illegal drugs and narcotics residue on a $20 bill were found in the home of deceased actor Heath Ledger has turned out to be untrue.

The Associated Press now reports:

"A rolled-up $20 bill was found near Heath Ledger's body, though no illegal drugs were found in his apartment, police said Wednesday.

The bill would be taken to a lab for testing, though no visible drug residue was found on it, police said."

Source: PerezHilton.com

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah, it seemed bogus this late in the investigation. Something like cocaine would've easily been discovered and proved to be coke by police yesterday.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 pm
Sbil

So much of this thread is so, so gross.

A person died and all some of you can do is be nasty to each other. Sad, really.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
We ought to cry, because a person we've never known died without any effect.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Argos wrote:

You don't have to do anything.

Fighting and calling each other nasty names in a thread about a person who died yesterday is what you shouldn't do.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm
Horror Hound

I'v not been able to stop thinking about this tragedy all day, even at work.

Everyone in the office was really shocked, and clearly upset.

Everytime i see a picture of him now i get a lump in my throat.

Such a real shame :(

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:11 pm
Extraordinary

Argos wrote:
So what if we didn't know him? I'm a movie lover just like most here at KJ and Ledger is an actor that was part of my love for cinema and it's tragic that such a talent is not in this world anymore. Everyone mournes for differen reasons, you don't have to know a person to have feelings for their passing.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So we have TMZ and PerezHilton fighting over what's true and what's not. And trying to be the first to get the "news" out. :er:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

I think stars for the masses dying affects people beacuse we idolise them and appreciate the gifts they give us through various mediums. It makes us sad we wont be able to enjoy those gifts any more and see their faces.

Famous people are a staple of consistency for us. When one we like or even one we dont dies, our lives feel different, we wont see their names in headlines again.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

AARGH! :mad:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/01/23 ... nt-2501129

I KNEW this would happen.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 pm
Profile YIM
problem?

I just watched stuff about her arriving on Access Hollywood. She's gonna be followed for a few days. It is pretty awful of the paparazzi.

Shouldn't the thread title be changed? It's a little.. weird, now.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:51 pm
Superfreak

Me too, while its hard to believe he is ogne Ive accepted it now. It sucks, but hes not coming back and we need to move on unfortuatley, hard and awkward as it was to realize and say.

But this has damaged my anticipation of the film a lot; I still very much look forward to seeing it but this is just to damn weird right now.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:54 pm
New Server, Same X

Magnus wrote:
How about R.I.P. Heath Ledger?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:01 pm
College Boy T

Just read through this entire thread. Fucking ridiculous. No one should have to defend his or her tears in light of this news. Similarly, if someone chooses to diverge on The Dark Knight's fate, that, too, is fine. People deal with tragedies differently; they shouldn't be slammed for non-conservative reactions. The insensitivity here is frustrating. Some people I respected are degrading themselves into bull-headed elitists with too much pride for their own good. I guess I'm semi-glad no one's cracked a badly timed joke about Crash or Haggis.

Personally? I'm speechless. I can't even summarize how I feel. When Left Eyez and Anna Nicole Smith died, it stuck with me for thirty minutes, maybe an hour, but definitely not an entire day. How can any young person not be sentimental about this?

On another note, I need new guy-friends. I cannot believe that I didn't hear about Ledger's death, until around midnight, despite having gone out to eat with ten or so friends.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:13 pm
Z

Libs wrote:
Fighting and calling each other nasty names in a thread about a person who died yesterday is what you shouldn't do.

Why?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Argos wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why?

Because it's insensitive as hell?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:28 pm
Orphan

Libs wrote:
Argos wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why?

Insensitive to who? I'm pretty sure Heath's loved ones couldn't care less about what is posted on KJ.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 pm
Sbil

Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:
Argos wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why?

Insensitive to who? I'm pretty sure Heath's loved ones couldn't care less about what is posted on KJ.

It would be insensitive if it were about anybody. It doesn't matter if his loved ones "care."

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm
Z

El Pollo Loco wrote:
I'm a movie lover just like most here at KJ and Ledger is an actor that was part of my love for cinema and it's tragic that such a talent is not in this world anymore.

Part of the cinema... so, you're in deep mourning when a good camera is damaged?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Z

Libs wrote:
Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:
Argos wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why?

It would be insensitive if it were about anybody. It doesn't matter if his loved ones "care."

Actually, it matters a lot.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

*sigh*

Yeah, I'm done with this thread.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:37 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

da torri wrote:
Just read through this entire thread. Fucking ridiculous. No one should have to defend his or her tears in light of this news. Similarly, if someone chooses to diverge on The Dark Knight's fate, that, too, is fine. People deal with tragedies differently; they shouldn't be slammed for non-conservative reactions. The insensitivity here is frustrating. Some people I respected are degrading themselves into bull-headed elitists with too much pride for their own good. I guess I'm semi-glad no one's cracked a badly timed joke about Crash or Haggis.

I respect Ledger and feel bad that he's gone, but I'm not going to begrudge someone making a "badly timed joke" about him or his death. A bit of levity, however tasteless, can help bring some much needed perspective in situations like these.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:38 pm
Orphan

Libs wrote:
Joe wrote:
Libs wrote:
Argos wrote:
Libs wrote:

Why?

This coming from a person who would be rejoicing if I died :disgust:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:39 pm
Sbil

Joe, that's not cool. That's really not nice. I may be many things, but I would never celebrate someone's death. Assuming they weren't, you know, Hitler.

I don't want to argue with you anymore. I'm really tired of this conflict.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next