Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tuesday (10/2/07) 
Cream of the Crop

Post Tuesday (10/2/07)
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/23810647

1. "House" (FOX) 17.28
2. "NCIS" (CBS) 16.26
3. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 15.73
4. "Law & Order: SVU" (NBC) 11.66
5. "The Unit" (CBS) 11.34
6. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 10.94
7. "Cane" (CBS) 9.24
8. "Carpoolers" (ABC) 9.02
9. "Cavemen" (ABC) 8.98
10. "Bones" (FOX) 7.89
11. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 7.39
12. "The Singing Bee" (NBC) 6.60
13. "Reaper" (CW) 2.81
14. "Beauty and the Geek" (CW) 2.65

Demo numbers

1. "House" (FOX) 7.1
2. "Law & Order: SVU" (NBC) 4.5
3. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 4.3
4. "NCIS" (CBS) 3.6
5. "Carpoolers" (ABC) 3.4
6. "Cavemen" (ABC) 3.3
7. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 3.3
8. "The Unit" (CBS) 3.2
9. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 3.1
10. "Bones" (FOX) 2.9
11. "Cane" (CBS) 2.5
12. "The Singing Bee" (NBC) 2.3
13. "Beauty and the Geek" (CW) 1.3
14. "Reaper" (CW) 1.3

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:29 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post Re: Tuesday 10/2/07
good riddance that for once DWTS isnt number 1 for the night. Geez Cavemen did better than I expected. I guess you can put any crap before DWTS to get people to watch

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Roid wrote:
good riddance that for once DWTS isnt number 1 for the night. Geez Cavemen did better than I expected. I guess you can put any crap before DWTS to get people to watch

I think most of it was just morbid curiosity. I expect a big drop next week.

Great for House. The fact that it continues to go up after four seasons is truly amazing. FOX could move AI to Wednesday/Thursday and not worry about Tuesday anymore. Plus, House will have the Super Bowl episode to keep awareness up (Could it break 40 million? I think so).

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I don't get Berman's reaction to Cavemen and Carpoolers. No matter how much either show sucks in quality, the ratings are decent considering what shows like According to Jim and George Lopez did last season. Obviously, ratings will probably drop next week, but for now, that's not awful.

And look at Bones. The show has a high-rated show leading out of it, and it's now doing just a bit better than Prison Break. And actually, PB has the advantage in the 18-49 demo (3.1 vs. 2.9 for Bones). And somehow Bones is listed as "underrated", according to Berman, while PB is supposedly disappointing. I know PB is down from last season, but I honestly think both shows are doing relatively well for FOX. They're no mega hits, but they're consistent, if anything. And if I give the edge to either show, I'm giving it to Prison Break. Start of the week, leading into a soon-to-be-canceled show, hanging on with consistent numbers (only about 25,000 viewers dropped from episode 1 to episode 3).

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:02 pm
Report this post
New Server, Same X

Positive* Jon wrote:
Roid wrote:

I think most of it was just morbid curiosity. I expect a big drop next week.

Great for House. The fact that it continues to go up after four seasons is truly amazing. FOX could move AI to Wednesday/Thursday and not worry about Tuesday anymore. Plus, House will have the Super Bowl episode to keep awareness up (Could it break 40 million? I think so).

That really is a good idea. Survivor is down at 8, and Ugly Betty is losing audience interest. AI could really capitalize at 8, and they could probably make 5th Grader a small hit at 9pm (as disgusting as that is to type).

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:03 pm
Report this post
You must have big rats

The Unit actually went up.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:13 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Dr. Lecter wrote:
The Unit actually went up.

Considering its lead-in went up and it was a two-parter, I'd say it was expected. Still a good performance against two of the biggest shows on TV.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:18 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Evel X wrote:
That really is a good idea. Survivor is down at 8, and Ugly Betty is losing audience interest. AI could really capitalize at 8, and they could probably make 5th Grader a small hit at 9pm (as disgusting as that is to type).

Please wash your hands.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 pm
Report this post
Team Kris

Positive* Jon wrote:

That's an amazing hold. Last season, didn't it premiere to 19 million and drop to... I don't remember if it was 13 or 15 million. But... yeah.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Evel X wrote:
I don't get Berman's reaction to Cavemen and Carpoolers. No matter how much either show sucks in quality, the ratings are decent considering what shows like According to Jim and George Lopez did last season. Obviously, ratings will probably drop next week, but for now, that's not awful.

And look at Bones. The show has a high-rated show leading out of it, and it's now doing just a bit better than Prison Break. And actually, PB has the advantage in the 18-49 demo (3.1 vs. 2.9 for Bones). And somehow Bones is listed as "underrated", according to Berman, while PB is supposedly disappointing. I know PB is down from last season, but I honestly think both shows are doing relatively well for FOX. They're no mega hits, but they're consistent, if anything. And if I give the edge to either show, I'm giving it to Prison Break. Start of the week, leading into a soon-to-be-canceled show, hanging on with consistent numbers (only about 25,000 viewers dropped from episode 1 to episode 3).

You act as if Berman is an actual reporter, rather than a whiny fan. There's a reason he gets along so well with so many of the posters there.

Fox would be wise to finally move Idol, but that's precisely why it won't happen.

CW really needs to just scrap everything but Top Model and Smackdown and completely start from scratch. I say go a totally different direction. All reality, but really soapy reality. Lots of people crying every night of the week. I think it could work.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:42 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Christian wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

That's an amazing hold. Last season, didn't it premiere to 19 million and drop to... I don't remember if it was 13 or 15 million. But... yeah.

It did, but I believe it then recovered in November. Lemme check...*Checks*...Yeah, in November it went up to 15-17 million. I wonder if it has any shot of topping 20 million after Dancing goes off the air?

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:43 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

jujubee wrote:
CW really needs to just scrap everything but Top Model and Smackdown and completely start from scratch. I say go a totally different direction. All reality, but really soapy reality. Lots of people crying every night of the week. I think it could work.

And Smallville, don't forget Smallville. :yes:

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Forum General

Positive* Jon wrote:
Christian wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

It did, but I believe it then recovered in November. Lemme check...*Checks*...Yeah, in November it went up to 15-17 million. I wonder if it has any shot of topping 20 million after Dancing goes off the air?

Well, the first time House would get to test that is December 4th, when Cashmere Mafia moves to its regular slot. So at most, there would be one week, if even. But if Fox somehow managed to move Idol, I bet it would in the spring.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 pm
Report this post
Orphan

Great for House.

Disappointing for Cavemen and the atrocious Carpoolers.

Good point about Bones barely doing better than Prison Break. They should can Bones as it has become tiresome and will never become a huge hit like House.

Sad to see Reaper do so poorly. It's a fun show. Ray Wise should easily win an Emmy for his performance.

Last edited by Harry Warden on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Positive* Jon wrote:
jujubee wrote:

And Smallville, don't forget Smallville. :yes:

Well, Smallville still pulls the numbers, but Michael Rosenbaum is leaving after this season, so whether it would still pull numbers in an 8th season, or if anyone else would even sign up for an 8th season, is debatable.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:50 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

One advantage Bones has over Prison Break I think is more syndication potential. I'd also have to guess that with a smaller scope and cast that it's cheaper than Prison Break. I think FOX will keep it around for another season, whether they keep it on Tuesdays is the question.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:57 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Orphan

Positive* Jon wrote:
One advantage Bones has over Prison Break I think is more syndication potential. I'd also have to guess that with a smaller scope and cast that it's cheaper than Prison Break. I think FOX will keep it around for another season, whether they keep it on Tuesdays is the question.

But one can tell. Prison Break has a very cinematic feel to it while Bones resembles any number of crime dramas. 24 plays in syndication so I wouldn't doubt Prison Break will too.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:01 pm
Report this post
Forum General

Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

But one can tell. Prison Break has a very cinematic feel to it while Bones resembles any number of crime dramas. 24 plays in syndication so I wouldn't doubt Prison Break will too.

Is 24 in syndication or is it on FX? Because they are two totally different things.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Report this post
Orphan

jujubee wrote:
Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

Is 24 in syndication or is it on FX? Because they are two totally different things.

Syndication. It airs on my local ABC affiliate every night at 11:00.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:05 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

But one can tell. Prison Break has a very cinematic feel to it while Bones resembles any number of crime dramas.

And apparently people prefer the resemblance to cinematic feel. So?

Besides, is there REALLY any reason to stretch out Prison yet another season? Another season has absolutely no chance of picking up new viewers and yet has a good likelihood of losing them. It wouldn't be worth it.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Orphan

Positive* Jon wrote:
Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

But one can tell. Prison Break has a very cinematic feel to it while Bones resembles any number of crime dramas.

Besides, is there REALLY any reason to stretch out Prison yet another season? Another season has absolutely no chance of picking up new viewers and yet has a good likelihood of losing them. It wouldn't be worth it.

DVD sales

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:24 pm
Report this post
Begging Naked

Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:
Joe wrote:
Positive* Jon wrote:

DVD sales

You can't finance a season of TV on $10 million from DVD sales. It wouldn't be worth it. Besides, the only show to actually get a boost from sales has been Family Guy, which sold millions od DVDs, not 200,000.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:30 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Sbil

Yay, go House.

I'm moderately surprised Carpoolers increased out of Cavemen, which I figured would get more tune-ins from people who enjoy train wrecks. Neither did particularly well in a very non-competitive time period, though.

As sad as this is, I'm rooting for Cane and most of CBS' other new shows to fail, so they'll be forced to push The Amazing Race and The New Adventures of Old Christine back up from midseason (especially since TAR already has a new season in the can).

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:21 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

The thing about Bones vs Prison Break is that Bones ratings were definately riding on the coat tails of House and American Idol. Fox seems so relentless on keeping the show and trying to improve it by scheduling it behind their two giants. Its not like Bones is a show with a big fanbase or having huge dvd sales. No one really talks about that show that much compared to say Veronica Mars, Prison Break etc. I see Bones as just another Without a Trace, NCIS and Criminal Minds except its ratings are nowhere near as good as those

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:45 pm
Report this post
Teenage Dream

Good job at beating Dancing with the Stars House! FOX really needs to use the American Idol lead-in for something other than House. They have used it for House for 3 years I think its time they help out another show maybe Bones or a new show. They should either move Idol to Wednesday/Thursday or move House to another night. Maybe Thursday at 8.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:56 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next