Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Marketing 
Veteran

Post Marketing
I think there’s a great core here but the site could benefit from more users. I can do my part in advertising the site and Derby but as part of a concerted effort.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:07 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Marketing
Well someone needs to get rid of that registration issue before anything else.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 am
Veteran

Can we get rid of the home page and ALL content other than the Derby and Forum? It will be less confusing for new members.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 pm
Veteran

I should ask whether there is an appetite to attract more Members. Who would be willing to work with me?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I'm willing. But unable. As I only have UNLIMITED POWER!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

How about we start a Worldofkj blog. Box office articles are posted there with the ease of wordpress instead of going through the code of running a mainsite. Once WOKJ has articles this would allow us to post links in places like reddit and twitter.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
How about we start a Worldofkj blog. Box office articles are posted there with the ease of wordpress instead of going through the code of running a mainsite. Once WOKJ has articles this would allow us to post links in places like reddit and twitter.

Good idea. Now you just need folks to write stuff that makes sense.

Also, since we're speaking marketing I think the fastest way to get subs on youtube right now is doing reaction videos so maybe if there was a wokj reaction channel that linked to here that'd help. Of course whoever or however many folks are doing the reacting has to be entertaining and have a personality.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

:D

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think if we're lazy we could also just jump to a twitter account and just post numbers once a week. A quick google search tells me we have a reputation for being one of the best sources for Japan box office numbers

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just created https://twitter.com/WOKJboxoffice

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

We're getting decent views on the twitter account so far, hashtags are working well. Of course users going from seeing tweet ----> clicking on profile -----> reading Worldofkj link in bio ------> registering for Worldofkj is a sequence that could lose someone at any step.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 pm
Veteran

nghtvsn wrote:
Shack wrote:

Good idea. Now you just need folks to write stuff that makes sense.

Also, since we're speaking marketing I think the fastest way to get subs on youtube right now is doing reaction videos so maybe if there was a wokj reaction channel that linked to here that'd help. Of course whoever or however many folks are doing the reacting has to be entertaining and have a personality.

I can do more of my silly reaction videos. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qCHiihL1M2c

Make them better.

there needs to be a very streamlined way of finding the forums and logging on. For now, do what Shack did - if you are posting a link to the WoKJ on twitter use the link to the boxoffice forum NOT the main site. It will only confuse people. If they like what hey see the signup button is easy to find. Spoke with Lexter about more formal out reach efforts but he’s swamped with work right now. The twitter and social outreach is great. The last couple of people who joined are those I brought in from other sites. Do your part. Spread the word to fellow moviephiles. Make WoKJ great again.

Oh we need to also change the name of the site. Eventually....

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:50 pm
Veteran

Created a new Facebook page and paid for 12 days of ads on Facebook

Like, add, share, tag

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am
Devil's Advocate

We have 9,500 impressions and 250 profile views after a week, but the inactive Del Mar Dennis is the only registration so far. It's not surprising as I suspect the ratio of profile views to visiting the link in the bio is even more severe than that 38:1 impressions to profile views, so already there we're looking at a small amount of WOKJ views, and then they have to like what they see enough to register. Still even exposing 1 or 2 people to the forum a week could pay off, never know when one of them could be the next zwackerm

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 am
Veteran

Definitely getting some hits on the Facebook page but I wonder if it’s some of you guys. Lol

I should have played up the Derby. Ugh. Didn’t mention it. Maybe we highlight it weekly in our tweets.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:40 am
Veteran

Who else wants to be an admin for the Facebook page? I’m diversifying from simply reposting from the twitter account.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:11 pm
Veteran

What if we award $5 to the top two Derby winners each week. We do it for 10 weeks - that’s $100.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm
Veteran

We got new blood. Wish there was a way to email them to encourage active participants

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think a gift card or prize every once in a while is enough for the financial reward, I don't want to overdo it.. I'm not sure the chance to win $5 will move the needle all too much for people or make them spend the time to register, even with $20 on the line no outsider has predicted quite yet

I might change my strategy and start tweeting more screenshots of forum posts. Maybe it will give people an idea of the personalities here

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 am
now we know

The site is so unstable. It constantly crashes and with the recent server change/issue, anyone coming here will be instantly turned/pissed off and walk straight back out. I admire your efforts, but it's clear you guys are not social media/marketing whizzes. And to really have a shot at making World of KJ an active forum again, you'd need Lecter fully on board, which he isn't. It is pointless messing around with the odd Twitter user when you have 6,800 registered emails already to tap into to try and get then back posting again/for the first time. Not to mention the site is so old fashioned, and that name is just ... bleh.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Wonder if we will get some new members today, the total of people visiting KJ through the gift card link on twitter has doubled in the last 24 hours

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:32 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

No emails yet today.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Veteran

a. if we're not confident that incentivizing Derby participation with $$ prizes will move the needle then no reason to needlessly spend money. May not even be necessary with the right type of outreach.

b. Is there a way to have email notifications once someone replies to your post or thread? The option appears in my User Control panel (if I'm reading it correctly) but I never get email notifications. I ask because I'm going to get Barnack to hopefully post again. It would help if our new and current users get notifications of replies and new posts.

Last edited by lilmac on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:36 am
Superman: The Movie

The e-mail function stopped working years ago. Probably close to a decade. Some sort of glitch that Eagle couldn’t fix.

It’ll never happen, but the forum needs to be burned down and rebuilt from scratch.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I attempted Operation Drink BOT's Milkshake (an admin let me post a link to the gift card contest on their forum), but so far still no outsiders have predicted

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next