Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod 
College Boy T

Post Re: Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod
Where are you, Raffiki, and Christian going? That's so...interesting (I hope you all have met before).

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 pm
Future Love

torrino wrote:
Where are you, Raffiki, and Christian going? That's so...interesting (I hope you all have met before).

They are coming down to SD to visit and stay for the weekend. We're gonna go party it up in Hillcrest, catch a movie, and sight see.

torrino wrote:
That's so...interesting (I hope you all have met before).

Why is that?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 pm
College Boy T

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I just don't think anyone on the forum has ever vacationed with another member before. It's interesting in that it speaks to the level of trust some members here have in others...and I find it somewhat refreshing that you all have made it possible...given all the crazies who lurk on the Internet.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:34 pm
Future Love

Raffi and I were actually just discussing that this morning. If I can credit KJ (as well as a couple other forums) for anything it's in expanding my group of friends to across the US and globe even. I'm naturally a very trusting person, but I also think I'm a pretty good judge of character, and since Christian promised to leave his sword collection at home I feel safe. :D

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:44 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Lots of people have met that post on KJ torrino, I've met several myself and crashed at Roo's and Arsi's its not that rare.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:47 pm
Kypade

I think it was just the way he described it. He said "our vacation" or something as if the three were gonna hop on a plane or in a car and take off for Hawaii. I'm sure he's aware of KJ meet ups.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Future Love

If a "meet-up" can't easily be referred to as a "vacation" then you're doing it wrong.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:05 pm
College Boy Z

It's a vacation for the ones that come see you, yeah, but not really for you. Haha. Sounds like fun, though. I think Christian should wear a shirt that says "WoKJ Moderator" and act as such during this trip.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:09 pm
problem?

And then he can share IP information and things talked about in the moderator forum.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:30 pm
Site Owner

Why is everyone so concerned with IP information? Mine's currently 71.206.239.108 ... have at it!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

harry713 wrote:
Do you even think before you speak? (rhetorical)

I believe the answer you are looking for is (despite the rhetorical): no.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:19 pm
"no rank"

harry713 wrote:
If a "meet-up" can't easily be referred to as a "vacation" then you're doing it wrong.

When Padraig and I meet up in Montreal for Arsi's wedding, I guess it was a holiday. Romantic holiday.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:33 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

loyalfromlondon wrote:
harry713 wrote:

When Padraig and I meet up in Montreal for Arsi's wedding, I guess it was a holiday. Romantic holiday.

The chemistry between you and the cute kittens was instant.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:46 pm
"no rank"

you're still the only ginger I can tolerate.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 pm
problem?

harry713 wrote:
torrino wrote:
4. Of course I have my doubts. Argos is still a little mysterious to me. I'm not Facebook friends with him, I've never seen his picture, and I don't know anyone that's had "real contact" with him (via, e.g., a personal e-mail account or phone or even skype). I also don't understand how his German clique came to be (but still, why can't that be as legitimate as, say, KGay, Korrgan-McSteamy-harry and co., yoshue-trixster-snack-Libs-Box, or any other "clique" on the forum?).

Torri quit grouping my name with McSteamy's or any others for that matter. I am part of no clique and certainly have no more affiliation with McSteamy than most others here. I don't see where you are drawing a connection from but knock it off kid. Leave my name out of your misinformed generalizations, thanks.

Yes, please stop bringing us up, Ross, in your randomization. And don't associate people with others when you have no real clue what is going on or how they interact off the board. We post in the same thread. We're not a clique. We're not BFFs 4ev. Christian also posts in The Lateshow, more than I do, in fact.

Is it very administrative of you, Ross, to bring specific members names into a conversation when they had no previous involvement? Maybe when providing examples, Ross, you should leave the specific members names out of it, especially when it doesn't and hadn't involved them. You'll win over more hearts and minds that way.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

get wrote:
No one really gives a shit about what you think chippy.

Argos' ideas are not the same as theirs corpse. he's wanted anarchy on these boards since the 1st (of 12 times) he was banned. I've lost all respect for a lot of people on here.

They are though:

torrino wrote:
Yes, Corpse, their [Agros and Christian] past does matter. But I value them, as does Zingaling, and we have decided that their intentions and ideas about the forum are inline with our own. We also see them as active throughout the entire forum.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Here are my 'ideas' (and stuff) again:

----------------------------------------

A Proclamation

I, Argus Panoptes, guardian of Io and son of Arestor, do hereby announce and declare that it still is my volition to be the first President of the World of KJ.

You know me, as I have never in the past made any pretence of my positions: and never in the future shall I begin an endeavor that interferes with my principles. Let it thus be known and utterly clear that my loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music; furthermore, that my pleasures are the most intense known to man: writing and butterfly hunting.

One year ago, a great man, whose judgment had been impeccable until then, decided to venture a change, a restructuring of power. It was a gift to the World of KJ and, for reasons fully conceived by but few people, a necessity of some kind. This momentous decree, designed to become a great beacon light of hope, eventually came as a murk of withering injustice. It fell as a long night of imbecility upon the candles of freethought and keen conversation. Verily, there is a name to this blackness, but never in my life again shall I speak it nor let my mind drift into the agony of contemplating the horrors of these dark days.

What I have to offer as President of the World of KJ, however, is little, is nothing but light, liberty and the freedom of expression; for these ends are the butterflies of our hearts, the happiness which we pursue: and cruel oppression shall not hold them in captivity where they have woefully endured for the tide of this long year.

It is my firm hope that you, the people of the World of KJ, are, like me, unwilling to leave the darkness that lies behind us only to enter another one – one that, if any different, merely sheds a new perfume.

I am, hence, confident that, on the first day of August, all persons held as slaves within any state will recognize themselves as being free, inasmuch as they have voted for me, Argus Panoptes, a man who is inclined to be their guardian and savior.

Watchfully yours,
Argus Panoptes

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

Sounds good to me!

Controversy...over.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

Yeah it's amazing how words can just do that, and actions can do something else.

Well I think if Argos is removed as moderator, in fairness Christian should be removed as well. And keep everything as is. There really isn't that much work to do, is there?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 pm
problem?

I don't think Christian is as unwise a choice as Argos. If I were torri, would I have made Christian a mod again? No. As much as torri believe he's a great person and a respected user, which he is, he has a past as a moderator, and it ended in a disaster. He broke the entire KJ user base's trust as a moderator by sharing not only IP information that he thought to be true, absolutely knowing it was going to be used maliciously (he even lol'ed about it and said to do it) but he also shared information about things discussed in the moderator forum. But that's still not as bad a choice as Argos, who has been banned twenty times.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

get wrote:
Yeah it's amazing how words can just do that, and actions can do something else.

Well I think if Argos is removed as moderator, in fairness Christian should be removed as well. And keep everything as is. There really isn't that much work to do, is there?

You do realize how stupid you are for typing that, right?

Every single thing on this forum is words. No actions. WORDS.

Get over yourself.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:07 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

argos spamming is an action.

Ever hear the term "actions speak louder than words"

anyway you've already admitted to being uneducated, so this is probably the final time i correspond with you on any level. Unless i find whale meat.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Argos spamming are words.

These are words.

This?

Word

How about these?

Words

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote: