Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod 
College Boy Z

Post Re: Torri give me 1 reason why Argos should be a mod
get wrote:

And zingy, this still doesn't stop the moderating elections from being a complete farce. If your own admin can't meet the own criteria for the new moderators then how does this give this administration any credibility at all.

Honestly, getluv? I don't disagree with that. I even told Argos that your rant against him being a mod was somewhat legit because, yes - he did get banned for breaking a rule during the month of June. His banning was not exactly an action I agreed with (thought it was a bit unnecessary), but yes, it did happen because he broke a direct rule laid down by the administrator. And he openly states that what he did was okay.

Christian actually explained best (to Argos, in the mod section) why I'm okay with Argos as moderator. Despite his little problem with Eagle last month (which, I recall, was in response to him being removed from the process randomly - something most people would agree was ridiculous), he has gained my respect through how dedicated he was in his campaign for becoming an administrator, his maturity and calm responses to loyal's accusations and threads like this, and what I felt was a sign of him taking this position seriously (by offering to resign if the rest of the team wished). And when he says that he is going to be a responsible moderator, I'm going to take his word on that.

That might not answer your question, getluv, but that's why I am okay with Argos and I have no objections to him being a mod.

And, let's be honest...whatever your personal problem is with Argos ('cause that's the real reason for all this, you kinda hinted at that), there's nothing I can do about it. Korrgan has made it 100% clear how much she hates torrino (to the extent of posts like, "hai torrino, go kill urself off a rly rly rly rly rly high bridge, thx", which I'm sure she expected me to say to Argos instead of what I posted above, dur dur dur dur). I'm sure someone has some issues with me (even though I'm not really an admin, I'm not going to have any real "power" - just a voice, and helping torrino and stuff). Someone might even have a problem with xiayun, Christian or MadGez. I doubt it, but who knows - Scott V. might hate xiayun's guts for predicting The Proposal better than he did a few weeks ago. Not everyone is going to be pleased, but we tried to assemble the best mod team possible, and hopefully the elections aren't as bad as some people expect and we get two responsible, respectable moderators.

I don't want to see you leave the forum because of Argos becoming a mod. You might not care for me (and I don't really care if you don't), but I think you're a good poster to have around. But when you say, "why should iiiii have to deal with this bullshit," I gotta say...you don't have to deal with it.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:27 am
Future Love

Sucker.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I knew there was a reason we elected you as admin!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:32 am
problem?

zingy wrote:
Korrgan has made it 100% clear how much she hates torrino (to the extent of posts like, "hai torrino, go kill urself off a rly rly rly rly rly high bridge, thx", which I'm sure she expected me to say to Argos instead of what I posted above, dur dur dur dur).

No, I didn't. wtf? I'm amazed you're in college. I didn't think they took many retards.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:37 am
College Boy Z

lol whatever korrgan, you were gonna call me a retard no matter what since that's your standard insult like "killing yourself off a bridge" is (for some reason) your standard response to someone who pisses you off.

btw, I don't get the whole "zingy (who?!)" thing. I've seen someone like McSteamy or someone like that say that once, so is that just a...thing...you all do? It's cool, I guess.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:55 am
problem?

You randomly brought me up in your novel, in an insulting manner. If you don't want shit, don't start shit. How about that? I didn't insult you in a personal manner, I was calling your position that you won't do shit to Argos, a trouble maker with a lengthy crime sheet, until he does something, retarded. Which it is. A little late, don't you think?

And we go, "Zingaling who?" because you are nearly an unknown, pretty much. Used to not be. You appear to have been inactive the last year and then you swoop in and ride on torri's coat tails. And what do you mean by "you all?" I didn't know we were black and this was 1956.

Last edited by Korrgan on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:01 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

zingy wrote:
get wrote:

And zingy, this still doesn't stop the moderating elections from being a complete farce. If your own admin can't meet the own criteria for the new moderators then how does this give this administration any credibility at all.

Honestly, getluv? I don't disagree with that. I even told Argos that your rant against him being a mod was somewhat legit because, yes - he did get banned for breaking a rule during the month of June. His banning was not exactly an action I agreed with (thought it was a bit unnecessary), but yes, it did happen because he broke a direct rule laid down by the administrator. And he openly states that what he did was okay.

Christian actually explained best (to Argos, in the mod section) why I'm okay with Argos as moderator. Despite his little problem with Eagle last month (which, I recall, was in response to him being removed from the process randomly - something most people would agree was ridiculous), he has gained my respect through how dedicated he was in his campaign for becoming an administrator, his maturity and calm responses to loyal's accusations and threads like this, and what I felt was a sign of him taking this position seriously (by offering to resign if the rest of the team wished). And when he says that he is going to be a responsible moderator, I'm going to take his word on that.

That might not answer your question, getluv, but that's why I am okay with Argos and I have no objections to him being a mod.

The fact that Argos couldn't deal with something he did not like should be more of a concern. yes, you might not agree with it, but you accept it. It is not justifiable because more people agree with it. He is going to have to accept decisions like whether or not it's ok to ban Cabuche for spamming the forum. If the moderators agree and he doesn't, what's his reaction going to be. Delete the whole forum? Another Mr X situation?

His maturity in handling my questions is a bit of a joke. He thinks it's justifiable to be unwilling to follow Eagle's commands. To me, that sounds like he's not even responsible or respectful of others.

And really that's rich coming from Christian. I love you Christian, but lets remember how your last moderating job ended. And let's all have a minute of silence with what happened at the end of torri's last job.

Let me say this, the only reason why i'm questioning this bullshit to begin with is because i generally think this new administration team is going to have a negative impact on the boards, as a whole. To me this administation doesn't really give shit about the forum at all, it's more concerned about having all it's friends in higher places. And just a few months ago, torri and yourself were hardly anywhere to be seen. Summer holidays, more time on your hands? what happens when you're away. If Eagle had given you guys the job I wouldn't have given a shit, and I'd probably still be acting the same way. It just annoys me that we have to leave the job open to people who could scrap at the most friends on AIM to vote for them.

And do you really need a new moderator. What's the new one going to do specifically? And until you are in desperate need of a moderator who can follow the set example of the people he will be following, maybe its best to have a new moderator when it is necessary. You're not breaking an election promise, if you intend to have one at a later date.

Oh look i showed concern for the board, looks like a mod invitation is in the mail.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 am
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
get wrote:
And I can't be fucked giving Argos a chance because he's an idiot who's i've treated the same way he's treated me. And now you want me to show respect, how about fuck off no.

getluv, I really don't care if you show respect towards me. I don't expect it and I don't need it. What I do request, however, is that you refrain from lying.

get wrote:
Obviously the rule's definition of SPAM obviously has deeper meanings, for which he thinks he did not break.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. Are you really educated enough to post on this board?

get wrote:
And is Argos really educated enough to have such a job. He still hasn't taken responsibility for his past actions.

Where did I imply that?

get wrote:
He is going to have to accept decisions like whether or not it's ok to ban Cabuche for spamming the forum. If the moderators agree and he doesn't, what's his reaction going to be. Delete the whole forum? Another Mr X situation?

A discussion would be his reaction, as it has always been in such situations. I come to the conclusion that you either did not read or did not comprehend the manifest I wrote for my admin campaign, for it openly indicates that with me as a moderator you ought to fear rather too little deletion than too much.

get wrote:
His maturity in handling my questions is a bit of a joke.

You are twisting the truth: Your questions (there were only two) were answered properly, and your malevolent accusations have been rebutted - right to this moment.

get wrote:
He thinks it's justifiable to be unwilling to follow Eagle's commands. To me, that sounds like he's not even responsible or respectful of others.

This will be the last time that I advise you to study the essay I linked.

get wrote:
To me this administation doesn't really give shit about the forum at all, it's more concerned about having all it's friends in higher places.

Yet there is that moderator election in which everyone has the chance to become part of torrino's administration.

get wrote:
Oh look i showed concern for the board, looks like a mod invitation is in the mail.

Certainly not. :)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:37 am
Profile WWW

It would be great if i got a response from the people I directed the comments towards. If I need a new spin, i guess I could always ask you.

I re-read what you wrote about what you said about SPAM. You proceeded to ask me if i knew. That doesn't answer my question. And no, i don't think it is necessary to read an essay to justify behaviour that was destructive to the forum. And according to the rules, I haven't broken any spamming rules. Only what you justify as spamming. eg, posting about Britney i guess.

Furthermore, the hypothetical was more to do how you would react to something if you didn't like happened as a moderator. Ie, cabuche getting banned. You're obviously emotionally out of control.

PS, fix your sarcasm radar.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:42 am
Site Owner

My comments clearly state I have no bearing in who becomes a mod, and Zing is right, I will not now nor ever be de-modding anyone unless they start willy nilly deleting or modifying things. Handling moderators is torrino's job.

I also agree with everything else Zing has said, and I have no problem with Argos getting a chance to prove himself as a mod, so long as he's willing to abide by and uphold the rules torrino sets for the forum (which he's implied he will). That was my only issue, and I was simply pointing it out. The decision to act on that issue is not mine.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Sorry getluv, I'm on vacation.

A few random, scattered points:
1. Zingy is not an administrator. I'm the administrator, but will not be using my powers without the consent of my moderators.
2. Argos and I are not "friends." I'm not sure you really understand how he came to be part of my admin: A mod I selected -- Magnus -- pitched the idea of giving up his position to Argos. Had zingy and I been the lone supporters, he would not be an administrator. But MadGez and Christian also supported this idea. xiayun did not vote.
3. I think most of us supported Argos as an administrator because he was jipped of continuing his own campaign in the second round. Additionally, he had several platform similarities.
4. Of course I have my doubts. Argos is still a little mysterious to me. I'm not Facebook friends with him, I've never seen his picture, and I don't know anyone that's had "real contact" with him (via, e.g., a personal e-mail account or phone or even skype). I also don't understand how his German clique came to be (but still, why can't that be as legitimate as, say, KGay, Korrgan-McSteamy-harry and co., yoshue-trixster-snack-Libs-Box, or any other "clique" on the forum?).
5. But, yes, I'm inclined to give him a chance. Zingy has said it here in this thread, Christian mentioned it in the mod forum. Unless MadGez or xiayun objects with a decent reason not to give him a chance...
6. I will, however, pitch the following idea: we limit Argos' moderating abilities to all forums not called the Water Cooler, Box Office, or Cinemania for a probationary period of a month or two. In addition, I will restrict all moderators' ability to delete threads. Mods: what do you think? And, getluv, loyal, and anyone else doubting Argos...are you okay with this?

Last edited by torrino on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 am
INRI

Quote:
Argos even said that he would let himself be replaced as a mod if torrino, myself and the other mods felt that his being a mod was causing too many problems. So, it's not like he's taking this position as a joke.

I like this conclusion from Zingyling it comes directly from hell like the rest of his patronizing bullshit post, it is sickening! YOU PEOPLE ARE TRULY FUCKIN' LOST! :D

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 am
"no rank"

torrino wrote:
second round. Additionally, he had several platform similarities. If you look back
4. Of course I have my doubts. Argos is still a little mysterious to me. I'm not Facebook friends with him, I've never seen his picture, and I don't know anyone that's had "real contact" with him (via, e.g., a personal e-mail account or phone or even skype). I also don't understand how his German clique came to be (but still, why can't that be as legitimate as, say, KGay, Korrgan-McSteamy-harry and co., yoshue-trixster-snack-Libs-Box, or any other "clique" on the forum?).

I thought you had an IRC chat with him and his "friends."

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 am
College Boy T

loyalfromlondon wrote:
torrino wrote:
second round. Additionally, he had several platform similarities. If you look back

For what it's worth...he wasn't in the chat.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:16 am
"no rank"

torrino wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
torrino wrote:

I see.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:19 am
Z

get wrote:
And no, i don't think it is necessary to read an essay to justify behaviour that was destructive to the forum.

I advised you to read it for the sole reason that it is necessary.

get wrote:
And according to the rules, I haven't broken any spamming rules.

Would you be so kind to show me the forum's definition of spam?

get wrote:
Furthermore, the hypothetical was more to do how you would react to something if you didn't like happened as a moderator. Ie, cabuche getting banned. You're obviously emotionally out of control.

I already understood your scenario in the first place.

get wrote:
PS, fix your sarcasm radar.

You better fix yours. I thought the smiley would suffice.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 am
Profile WWW
College Boy T

I think Cabuche, Samurai, whatever might be dupe accounts of others on the board, like Loki or Guybrush. I'm not sure they belong to Argos.

But again....in the chat, they were writing at essentially in real time. I think that'd be pretty hard to pull off...plus, what'd be the point if the only person in the chat is me? I don't understand why Argos would go to so much energy to bring all these "double accounts" to an IRC channel. Wouldn't he be okay with only one?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 am
Z

torrino wrote:
Wouldn't he be okay with only one?

He is, also on the forum.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Z

torrino wrote:

I even registered your channel.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:30 am
Profile WWW
"no rank"

torrino wrote:
don't understand why Argos would go to so much energy to ...

I think that applies to 99.99% of things Argos does.

Spamming the forum with photos of Hitler
Making racist remarks in German
Trolling

There are literally a dozen threads in the mod forum dedicated to Argos' behavior and bannings.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:45 am
Z

Loyal Mehnert-Williams is trying to prove the existence of god. Good luck!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 am
Profile WWW
"no rank"

Argos wrote:

there's no hyphen and its reversed.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:59 am
Z

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=1418501#p1418501

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:01 am
Profile WWW
"no rank"

Argos wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Argos wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=1418501#p1418501

fixed

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am

What will limiting his modding abilities for a month do in the grand scheme of things? If anything, don't have moderator elections like i have pointed out.

How the moderating is conducted now is how I want it to be conducted in future (little involvement), however what the previous admin team did during 2008 was fail to have consistency. All dramas on the forum only get sorted out when people talk about it. Locking threads and telling people to move on along just drags the problem on. If people started getting abusive or whatever, deal with the person and their comments.

The job of a moderator is really not that much different from a user, participate in a forum not use the position as some kind of privilege, which for the most part all moderators and admins have been really good at. only during administrative issues such as moving/locking/voting is really all they need to do. Obviously there are people like munkey, who will pull their pants down each time one of you come along but that's just munkey.

However if the shit hits the fan, then I will probably be coming for blood. Not Argos' blood, but your blood.

If anything I'd probably want more privacy placed on my info in the admin area. Until I'm fully happy that Argos is not operating 17 accounts, then I wont have to worry about someone who i don't trust going over my data info.

Last edited by getluv on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next