Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
now we know

Post Re: Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Allegations
stuffp wrote:
Affleck, all those other actors, also actresses, they're just pretty fake, like all of Hollywood is in general. And in the end, it just comes around to, you do what's best for your own self-interest and career.

Every human is also that way inclined.

As Affleck wasn't the one assaulted, what benefit would it do him to make a song and dance about it? It would just show him as a troublemaker, and yes, he has a career to think about. People like Rose McGowan can berate him now because she never had a career worth caring about.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Well, I guess McGowan just has a big problem with Affleck playing innocent now, while he in fact (while I don't know, but just taking McGowan's word for it at the moment) he isn't. She has a problem with him acting fake now basically, which I couldn't say he isn't.

As as I said, Hollywood is fake, this Weinstein thing is a thing now, some people will try to benefit from it, but it will soon blow over, and any of those names involved now, their live will go on as normal soon enough. Don't think this is going to hurt anyone's careers, aside from Weinstein's himself ofcourse...he's crossed a line.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:32 pm
now we know

I don't see how Affleck is acting fake. He is commending the women that are speaking out now, and condemning Weinstein for his actions. Just because he doesn't go and say "I knew about this before and chose to say nothing" doesn't mean he is acting fake. It's not his position to say anything! And these females should just be happy that he is supporting them now at all. They need all the support they can get.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I'm just dragging up old stuff, but it's funny how Weinstein is being fired because of sexual harassment and on the other end a guy is being elected president despite of it.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

I agree with Algren to an extent. I don't know how much Affleck knew, but there's a big difference between knowing that Harvey sleeps with actresses using his power and has asked some famous ones to the bedroom, and knowing that he's a rapist. If all he knew was the the former I understand more why Affleck didn't say more. It's hard to take someone down just with "he's a creep" stories. I mean Casey Affleck still won the Oscar last year after allegations that sound worse than just asking actresses to the bedroom. Louis CK rumors have been around, etc. It's much worse if he knew Harvey was a rapist, if he was. Affleck's statement was fake and he was rightly called out for it but I guess he couldn't just admit that he knew. There are many people male and female who knew about this and have reasons why they're not talking. They're not perfect but the real target here should be Harvey.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:51 am
Forum General

I wonder when the entire charade is going to come down.

I find Paltrow's account highly suspect.

You were petrified or whatever, and then, you continue to work with Harvey, thank him in your speech, hang out with the man...

Yeah, right.

Even with the corrupt and shady way the industry operates, people still have a choice with their actions and words.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

stuffp wrote:
I'm just dragging up old stuff, but it's funny how Weinstein is being fired because of sexual harassment and on the other end a guy is being elected president despite of it.

It's even funnier that it's not the first time that a sexual predator has been elected as president. In fact, the previous famous one, even got re-elected.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 am
Keeping it Light

That's on point Price, but I feel, that news about Clinton wasn't known to the public at the time? So it's hard to judge if you don't have that info.

And BK your response is correct too.
Basically it couldn't have been that bad, otherwise these allegations would have come out earlier.

It's said Weinstein paid off accusers, well, then you're basically saying, ok for $100K I'll allow whatever you did to me.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am
Indiana Jones IV

NY Times ran the McGowan accusations re: Affleck’s knowledge this am. Regardless of whether he was obligated to do anything morally, this + the Casey Affleck business doesn’t look great:

Man between Affleck and Whedon the Justice League press tour is going to be amazing.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I hate it when people say "in the am". Only noticed it recently after starting to deal with Americans for work.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Meanwhile: David O. Russell, who started his career with a film about incest, groped his own niece got hauled in by the cops and nothing fucking happened.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
I don't see how Affleck is acting fake. He is commending the women that are speaking out now, and condemning Weinstein for his actions. Just because he doesn't go and say "I knew about this before and chose to say nothing" doesn't mean he is acting fake. It's not his position to say anything! And these females should just be happy that he is supporting them now at all. They need all the support they can get.

If you failed to support a co-worker who was assaulted by your boss/mentor in the past, I'm not sure why they should be "thankful" for your support now. McGowan's anger is fully understandable.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am
Profile WWW
now we know

lesterg wrote:
Algren wrote:

If you failed to support a co-worker who was assaulted by your boss/mentor in the past, I'm not sure why they should be "thankful" for your support now. McGowan's anger is fully understandable.

How about if I simply don't believe Lucy the co-worker because she's a lying little bitch. But a few years later, Sally the other co-worker, was raped by the boss. Sally never lies. So now I think the boss is a cunt and I am more prepared to do something about it.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
lesterg wrote:
Algren wrote:

How about if I simply don't believe Lucy the co-worker because she's a lying little bitch. But a few years later, Sally the other co-worker, was raped by the boss. Sally never lies. So now I think the boss is a cunt and I am more prepared to do something about it.

He was already dating Paltrow at the time so it's probably unlikely he was unaware of Harvey's m.o.

And that still doesn't mean McGowan should be fucking grateful for his support now.

Last edited by lesterg on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Uh oh.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... s-kid.html

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Those two brothers surely show a lot of afflection towards women.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 pm
now we know

This will take some of the heat of Harvey. Maybe this was Affleck's intention.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Why would he potentially damage his career (and his new film) for Weinstein?

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
This will take some of the heat of Harvey. Maybe this was Affleck's intention.

He's going to potentially damage his career beyond repair in order to help an accused rapist who is now powerless in the industry? Unless Affleck literally murdered someone and Weinstein helped bury the body, I can't imagine he'd have that level of loyalty to him.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Yeah, because I was being deadly serious.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

It's hard to tell intent sometimes. I've read plenty of crazy theories over the last few days.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I guess Harry Knowles, Devin Faracci and the Honest Trailers guy couldn't be happier with the timing of the Weinstein revelation!

My facebook feed is almost 80% articles on Harvey (with pics of his ugly mug) or of celebrities publicly denouncing him or opening up about being harassed/abused by him.

Hopefully this opens the flood gates and more deviants are outed because there is plenty worse going on than Harvey's transgressions!

Apparently he is blaming his brother Bob for leaking the scandal.

Also, interesting to see articles of Hollywood in-jokes about Harvey in recent years (ie. Seth McFarlane at one of the awards shows). Most people did indeed know (about some of his behavior at least).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Algren wrote:
Yeah, because I was being deadly serious.

:funny:

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 pm
now we know

MadGez wrote:
My facebook feed is almost 80% articles on Harvey (with pics of his ugly mug) or of celebrities publicly denouncing him or opening up about being harassed/abused by him.

I'm so fed up with it. Variety are certainly on a mission here, and have lucked out with tons of stories to keep them busy.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
MadGez wrote:

I'm so fed up with it. Variety are certainly on a mission here, and have lucked out with tons of stories to keep them busy.

Yes same here. Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Indiewire and Entertainment Weekly are spamming my page repeating the same stories.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next