Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Romosexual!

Post Re: Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
Damn it! :( one of my favorite people.

His response on the accusations...
“I’m The Accused, So Why Believe Anything I Say? Why believe me at all?”

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:32 am
now we know

lol another good guy trying to be ruined by gutter trash bitches.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

This world has really gone to shit. I'm sure he's no angel but to be accused of "sexual misconduct" and have his reputation tarnished for what he did or more likely didn't do by two women who suddenly realise they may be able to profit from this is disgusting.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:35 am
Devil's Advocate

Eliza Dushku shows how to do this. Instead of letting the media downplay it as he said she said, she's come with the evidence both times

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

You really have to read carefully with some of these articles. I read the "Woody Allen's secret teenage lover" article about him sleeping with a 16 year old (legal age was 17 at the time) and thought well, that seems bad, but when you read closer

Quote:
Sixteen, emerald-eyed, blond, an aspiring model with a confident streak and a painful past: Babi Christina Engelhardt had just caught Woody Allen's gaze at legendary New York City power restaurant Elaine's. It was October 1976, and when Engelhardt returned from the ladies' room, she dropped a note on his table with her phone number. It brazenly read: "Since you've signed enough autographs, here's mine!"

Soon, Allen rang, inviting her to his Fifth Avenue penthouse. The already-famous 41-year-old director, still hot off Sleeper and who'd release Annie Hall the following spring, never asked her age. But she told him she was still in high school, living with her family in rural New Jersey as she pursued her modeling ambitions in Manhattan. Within weeks, they'd become physically intimate at his place. She wouldn't turn 17, legal in New York, until that December.

So we know she gave him her number in October, and turned legal on Dec. 4th. But the writer fills in the rest of the blanks with only vague descriptions of time such as "Soon, Allen rang" and "within weeks" after that he slept with her. How long is soon? Is it plausible he called her months after when she was already legal? Even if he didn't, if he called her in mid November, that leaves him "within weeks" of her being legal, also making it plausible he waited. Of course, "within weeks" could be enough on its own to describe the entire gap between October and early December, if you wanted it to. That the writer had to use this deception, makes me think the real truth is likely to benefit Allen, but then he would have no meat for the SJW mob as the only story would be that Allen slept with a just turned legal girl like hundreds of other male celebrities, or the shocking news that Woody Allen is attracted to teenage women

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:31 pm
now we know

Silly man-made laws anyway. As long as he didn't force her to sleep with him, and as long as he did not sleep with 5 year olds, I say it doesn't matter in the slightest what a consensual 16 year old does with her body. It's none of anyone else's business, least of all the authorities.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Interesting observation regarding the article. Also, why reference the Sleeper which came out in '73 when he was "hot off" Love and Death released in '75? I assume both movies were similar in general and BO reception.

But really... when most people would read only the headline, some people would read the actual text, with another percent of those who would see the blanks writer left. Either way, who gives a crap. She was almost(or already) 17, he wasn't harassing. End of story.

Also, "physically intimate" does not mean "sex". The article is probably trying to avoid(most likely legally) the more direct language, but really wants us to see "Allen had sex with an underage teen" and provides vague details.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 am
Devil's Advocate

Wut

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I think it was his pitch to host the Oscars.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I don't know what that was but I liked it. Spacey is a legend.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Apparently the Massachusetts State Police have video of Spacey groping the teenage accuser. I still don’t know how that’s illegal unless they show Spacey giving the kid booze since he’s 18, but video might = plea deal.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:

Wut

It’s been clear to everyone that reality has been breaking down since 2016. The wall between reality tv and politics is now gone without a trace. And people began to have sources for alternative facts. Now the line between actors and their fictional characters is beginning to blur. At this rate we can expect that after “isn’t it romantic” in February the boundary between fact and fiction will become increasingly difficult to recognize. Either society is going schizophrenic, the matrix is beginning to break down, or Grindelwald or Thanos are to blame. I’m sure you’ll say this is taking it too far, and there must be a rational explanation for it all, so I’ll just remind you that Donald Trump is the president of the fucking United States.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ
now we know

Yeah, country should be renamed to The FUS.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Yeah, country should be renamed to The FUS.

Sounds like a good movie title. Society is so repressed, you could probably keep Hollywood busy all year with my post.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 am
Profile ICQ
now we know

Spacey hosting the Oscars would be great. It would show that forgiveness is actually the most important thing we can do as a society. It's a strange place where we are at the moment, and it's all because of Twitter. We currently have this universally-accepted digital lapidation. It's grotesque. But the masses relish it.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:24 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Louis CK post-scandal. Hilarious.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Algren wrote:
Spacey hosting the Oscars would be great. It would show that forgiveness is actually the most important thing we can do as a society. It's a strange place where we are at the moment, and it's all because of Twitter. We currently have this universally-accepted digital lapidation. It's grotesque. But the masses relish it.

lapidation?

Anyway, no it wouldn't be great. Well, it would be, in a grotesque dark humour fashion.

But...actually no I agree with you.

Hollywood is too full of itself and despite throwing Spacey under the rug, they continue to hide paedophiles and other disgusting characters. Why bother with the #metoo #timesup charade? Just full on embrace Spacey and his ilk.

After all, they continue to cover up their own until it is unfashionable to do so, and then proceed to make some dumb excuse.

I just saw Lady Gaga's pathetic excuse for working with R Kelly. Have we not heard such before? "I was in a bad place, yadda yadda yadda". Just 'fess up.

Also, no one gives a shit about the Oscars and all these self-congratulatory wankfests anymore. So much hypocrisy.

I know no one on here gives a shit, but Leo Di Caprio, lauded, respected, whatever, but his ignorant, complicit ass was willing to party away laundered money until the Justice Department caught up with it all. No respect for him anymore.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

So Spacey is beating down his fake accuser. Was he bamboozled? Should he not have been killed off now. Damn...too many liars.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The way Hollywood has turned on Spacey tells you far more than you need to know. He's guilty as shit.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

All of Hollywood is fake and full of shit. Harvey Weinstein should be hosting the Oscars, and then it would be an actual representation of what the industry is really like.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:39 am
Barrabás wrote:
All of Hollywood is fake and full of shit. Harvey Weinstein should be hosting the Oscars, and then it would be an actual representation of what the industry is really like.

As opposed to the Utopia of Everywhere Else, where sexual assault/rape/bribery/etc is a thing of fiction and times past :mer:

I mean, come on--everywhere humans go these same issues are, it's just more entertaining to read about famous people's troubles as opposed to some random insurance agent in South Bend or the CEO of a random company in Vermont who did largely the same stuff.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am
Devil's Advocate

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:49 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Malcolm wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

As opposed to the Utopia of Everywhere Else, where sexual assault/rape/bribery/etc is a thing of fiction and times past :mer:

I mean, come on--everywhere humans go these same issues are, it's just more entertaining to read about famous people's troubles as opposed to some random insurance agent in South Bend or the CEO of a random company in Vermont who did largely the same stuff.

There is significantly more sexual assault/coercion/etc going on in Hollywood than most other industries that make that much money. Nowhere is a utopia, but Hollywood is much farther from it in terms of those crimes than, say, accounting or engineering or whatever. It's mostly due to the way the industry operates: in Hollywood, an executive can have the power to turn someone's life around in an instant. The CEO of Morgan Chase or whatever isn't going to be making an intern into the vice president after she gives him a blowjob. In Hwood someone like Harvey Weinstein could legitimately turn someone into a highly paid star overnight.

Plus, those other industries don't consider themselves the morality arbiters of the planet. The massive global reach of Hwood films is used to proselytize whatever values Hwood feels like espousing, it's like a soap box beamed across the entire world. These are the same people that clap for and work with abusers knowing full well what they're doing and then tell people who to vote for, what good values are, what they should be understanding from history, etc.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Apparently a bunch of stuff about Jeff Goldblum is about to come out.

Which sucks.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:54 pm
Forum General

Chippy wrote:
Apparently a bunch of stuff about Jeff Goldblum is about to come out.

Which sucks.

Yeah, I've been seeing the murmuring for a couple months now.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next