Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Creed II - 21 November 2018 
now we know

Post Re: Creed II - 21 November 2018
Sly definitely seems happy to pass off his most beloved franchise to other people. He's not doing any press (so far) for Creed II. He wasn't at Complexcon (I know he's filming Rambo V but still, he was back in the states for an NFL promo so why no Creed II press?), and basically every trailer and piece of footage is about Michael B. Jordan. There's even more out there on the director than Sly! I mean, I know the movie is called Creed II, so naturally MBJ is the main star. I get that. But Sly is still a huge driving force behind it, and he seems to be taking a back seat. I'm not complaining as such. More of an observation. It's a wise move. He would have to keep making Rocky movies otherwise. Now, when he dies, his legacy can continue instead of rebooting the franchise with a new Rocky, and that would kill the robustness and integrity of the franchise in many ways. Doing this spin-off series means that MBJ can carry the franchise forward for a few decades. And going urban (as opposed to another white guy ala Rocky V) is also clever and required some foresight. That's the next (current?) big movie-going demographic (when the film is right).

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Currently 73% on RT with totally 33 reviews in.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 am
now we know

Yeah it's doing good enough. Never expected it to be a critical hit but 73% is fine.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2