Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 59  Next
 Marvel/DC/Comic Book Movie Discussion - Majors arrested 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Marvel/DC/Comic Book Movie Discussion
I'm surprised they're giving Doctor Strange the May date. If it's really going the horror route a Fall date would work and Thor 4 would be a good opener for summer. *shrug*

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 pm
Romosexual!

Chippy wrote:
February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

Black Panther 2
GOTG 3
Captain Marvel 2

My guess

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:06 pm
Extraordinary

I think these Marvel tv shows on Disney plus are a different element now because they are actually using the real Faclon, Winter Soldier, Wanda etc etc. These aren't shows with different people and Feige pretty much makes it clear these are very connected to the overall MCU. It's a great idea for Disney to bring in viewers to Disney+ now that the moviegoer/fans are so invested in the MCU at this point. Do you really want to miss where Loki is or what's going to happen in this wandavision show?

In addition, this new period of the MCU can now capitalize on all the goodwill and introduce even more characters that go into representation and diversity. I'm excited about this Eternals film and Shang Chi. I can't believe Angelina Jolie is entering the MCU and I loved the Tony Leung and Awkafina casting. I'm looking forward to the new content and furthering the overall continuous storyline. It's quite amazing.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:46 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

MadGez wrote:
Captain Marvel in Nov 2022?

Does anyone even care about Captain Marvel now that the (quite minor it turns out) Avengers connection has been resolved?

I feel like 90% of the hype for that film was its status as a prelude to Endgame. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next one fall to The Winter Soldier numbers.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Barrabás wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Captain Marvel in Nov 2022?

Does anyone even care about Captain Marvel now that the (quite minor it turns out) Avengers connection has been resolved?

I feel like 90% of the hype for that film was its status as a prelude to Endgame. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next one fall to The Winter Soldier numbers.

I didn't care enough to see it in theatres the first time ;)

I think she's supposed to play a bigger role in this phase isn't she? So i'd expect similar numbers but could also see a slight decline.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 pm
The Kramer

Captain Marvel 2 will have Miss Marvel, the first Muslim superhero and the return of Goose. So it should be a pretty big deal. I think it will be the May 2023 movie.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:58 am
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Captain Marvel 2 will have Miss Marvel, the first Muslim superhero and the return of Goose. So it should be a pretty big deal. I think it will be the May 2023 movie.

Is that confirmed? I sure hope so :D

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:21 am
Hold the door!

How are they going to convey she is Muslim? Is her religion going to be part of the plot?

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:11 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

They'll hire a Muslim actress. I assume her religion is pretty important to her identity in the comics.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:38 am
The Kramer

From Andrew Wheeler: "As much as Islam is a part of Kamala's identity, this book isn't preaching about religion or the Islamic faith in particular. It's about what happens when you struggle with the labels imposed on you, and how that forms your sense of self. It's a struggle we've all faced in one form or another, and isn't just particular to Kamala because she's Muslim. Her religion is just one aspect of the many ways she defines herself."

So it seems like hiding her secret identity from her family will be even more difficult than usual due to their strict religious ideals. And I'm sure there will be an element of Jersey citizens blaming her for a catastrophic event caused by other super-powered individuals - like say Captain Marvel.

I've never read any of her comics, but the character of Kamala Khan seems pretty cool and is very fun to play with in the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:05 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I wonder if Blade is going to pop up in say Morbius, and then there is like a Spider-man, Blade, Venom, Morbius, Punisher, and Carnage movie. It'd be cool to see Holland's character become that mutant spider thing or Venom gives it to Spider-man to defeat Carnage.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm
Hold the door!

From Andrew Wheeler: "As much as Islam is a part of Kamala's identity, this book isn't preaching about religion or the Islamic faith in particular. It's about what happens when you struggle with the labels imposed on you, and how that forms your sense of self. It's a struggle we've all faced in one form or another, and isn't just particular to Kamala because she's Muslim. Her religion is just one aspect of the many ways she defines herself."

So it seems like hiding her secret identity from her family will be even more difficult than usual due to their strict religious ideals. And I'm sure there will be an element of Jersey citizens blaming her for a catastrophic event caused by other super-powered individuals - like say Captain Marvel.

I've never read any of her comics, but the character of Kamala Khan seems pretty cool and is very fun to play with in the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

This sounds interesting. I just never even thought of them bringing religion into the MCU. Have any of the characters been established as religious before? Maybe Captain America.

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

zwackerm wrote:

This sounds interesting. I just never even thought of them bringing religion into the MCU. Have any of the characters been established as religious before? Maybe Captain America.

Only a passing comment from Cap in Avengers 1.

Though Daredevil (the show) is steeped in Catholicism (some great scenes in Season 1) and Nightcrawler touches on his Catholic faith in X2 IIRC.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

L O fucking L

Sony and Marvel fail to reach a deal, so Spider-Man is OUT of the future of the MCU.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm
The Kramer

Ridiculous, does Sony think they can cast a fourth Spider-Man and everything will be fine? Hopefully it is just posturing on their part. The deal they have now is incredible for them.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:52 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Ridiculous, does Sony think they can cast a fourth Spider-Man and everything will be fine? Hopefully it is just posturing on their part. The deal they have now is incredible for them.

Not really? The Sony/Marvel Spider-Man films haven't done a substantial amount more in revenue than their previous SM films. Why let Marvel dictate what happens with the character? They still get to keep Holland and that current storyline.

This hurts the MCU far more than it hurts Sony.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Isn't Holland's contract just with Marvel Studios?

Whatever film Sony does release, it's going to be hilarious to see the box-office results.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Chippy wrote:

Not really? The Sony/Marvel Spider-Man films haven't done a substantial amount more in revenue than their previous SM films. Why let Marvel dictate what happens with the character? They still get to keep Holland and that current storyline.

This hurts the MCU far more than it hurts Sony.
Having Parker in the MCU legitimizes the movies. Amazing Spider barely crawled above $200M. Even if they have Holland and Zendaya under contract nobody will care. It will be DPOA

Dark Phoenix on Arrival.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:31 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

What percentage of the general audience will even notice that the next film, if starring Holland/Zendaya, is not connected to the MCU?

10%? and even then, they'll see it if it's good.

It literally only matters if the quality of the film is good. The SM films didn't skyrocket in box office because of Marvel. They have always had that potential with a good film. Marvel helped them rebuild their image, Marvel got greedy and a higher % of gross, and Sony declined.

Now all they have to do is hire a team that actually cares about Spider-Man to make the 3rd, and to somehow incorporate Venom.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 pm
Quality is a great business plan

I am glad this has happened. Not too fond of MCU Spidey movies though Holland is not a bad actor. I hope they make a Spidey Multi Verse live action movie bringing back Tobey and Garland as well. That should have Yuge potential. Get Raimi back in director chair as well.

I used to be shawman.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:44 pm
Extraordinary

I can’t believe they couldn’t make an agreement. Greed is god.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:18 pm
100% That Bitch

Tom Holland is by far the best Spidey.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 pm
Romosexual!

FUCK YOU SONY!
FUCK YOU DISNEY!

FIX THIS MESS NOW!!!!

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:37 pm
Defeats all expectations

I remember reading somewhere about Sony and Marvel having agreed to co-finance a third Spider-Man if Far from Home crossed $1b worldwide. Guess that was a baseless scoop.

Will the rights to Spider-Man and other related characters expire at Sony? I know there are a couple sequels and spinoffs coming up but there might be an expiration date which Marvel is eagerly awaiting?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sony attempting a Spider-Man film with Tom Holland's Peter Parker without including how important Tony Stark was to him (or mentioning Tony at all!), in addition to removing all his cool suits, EDITH, any and all Avenger references, etc., is going to be ridiculous to watch. General audience reception will be amazing.

Farm From Home will have grossed around 77% (and 83/84% domestically) of the combined totals of the Amazing Spider-Man films. Just to keep the box-office returns in perspective here. And you know the home video sales will dwarf the combined sales of The Amazing Spider-Man films by huge margins. Also...Marvel has the merchandising rights to Spider-Man, so no merchandise bonus cash for Sony either.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 59  Next