Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 1451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Marvel/DC/Comic Book Movie Discussion - Majors arrested 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Marvel/DC/Comic Book Movie Discussion
... him being in Flashpoint sounds cool but him being Bruce in the main timeline and being in Batgirl and supposedly using him like 'Nick Fury'? Sounds like the WB heads that didn't know wtf they're doing.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 am
ttps://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ray-fis ... e-comments

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/justi ... se-claims/

Here's one of the reasons *not* to pursue this Snyder-cut nonsense or anything of the like going forward. It emboldens a bizarre Joss Whedon hate (him for now, who next time?) because apparently he's *solely* responsible for the movie sucking and now must be punished in whatever way possible (these people are apparently unaware that Snyder hardly perfected things with his two previous attempts in that world).

What in the hell does bringing up an ex-wife's claims of infidelity along with vague accusations of "gross," "abusive," and "unprofessional" behavior (from a man, by the way) have to do with why the Snyder cut will be the best movie of all time? Simply accepting whatever nasty thing an ex-spouse chooses to say in/to the public only makes you a gullible busybody, not a paragon of virtue.

It's repulsive that I already see the standard "believe victims"/"abusers are predators" narrative as if he's even been accused of *anything* that falls into the category of abuser/victim. A tense, unpleasant work environment for all does not immediately mean there's an abuser to blame and if abuse took place then what happened? Details are relevant. I mean, there was absolutely a window back when his ex-wife took her opinions public for a wave of "Me, too!" accusations that never came so I doubt there's a sexual predator angle to things.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/is-the- ... -canceled/

The kind of so-called writing found all over these websites regurgitates empty claims as facts for the "disgraced" accused to disprove, but where are the follow-up questions for the accuser re: what *was* gross, abusive, or unprofessional? Simply saying those things and walking off like you're done suggests to me there's not really any meat to this, but that's what Twitter is for--mobs all vomiting the same exact feelings/thoughts into each other's mouths back & forth while excoriating those who request more information before settling on "PURGE THE NONBELIEVER!!"

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

WB is doing dirty marketing. Ray Fisher is a prick having no talent so he needs publicity.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:28 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Lol, Fisher was so forgettable in JL, this is such a bizarre dick move. People do realize that this isn't going to be the Thanos snap of director's cuts, right?

This reminds me of the redo of Exorcist: The Beginning. Very similar situation at a smaller scale. And you know what, it was better, but not to the point that it was even necessary. All it did was replace shit, with equally better or bad shit.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 pm
The Kramer

Olivia Wilde might be directing a Spider-Woman movie, though hopefully they go with Spider-Gwen as the title.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:50 pm
The Kramer

Reading more into it, seems like this project is more likely to be Silk Spider. This is a relatively new hero who is Korean-American and I guess she appeared in Homecoming? Powers look cool with the webs coming from all five fingers instead of the wrist.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:01 pm
The Kramer

Affleck will be in Flashpoint too alongside Keaton and presumably Pattinson.

I doubt Bale would do it without Nolan, but I could definitely see Kilmer and maybe even Clooney (as a very meta joke) showing up too.

But meh. I was hoping the entire thing would be set in the Burtonverse, but now seems like that will only be a cameo at best. This is gonna be more Kingdom Hearts than anything else.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Although I'm excited for this, it is DC. It'll be exciting and good for them actually doing something new even if DOFP did it first.

Though I'm excited to see what Marvel does.

I like the Avengers multiverse idea rolling around where Spider-man has to assemble a team to fight bad guys on a planet. It'd be the perfect way to bring back Iron Man, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Deadpool, old versions of Spider-Man, etc.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:37 am
https://deadline.com/2020/09/justice-le ... /#comments

A Warner Bros. spokesperson issued the following statement on behalf of the company:

“In July, Ray Fisher’s representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr. Fisher about his concerns during the production of Justice League. The two had previously spoken when Mr. Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League.

In their July conversation, Mr. Fisher recounted disagreements he’d had with the film’s creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr. Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film’s writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters.

Notably, Mr. Hamada also told Mr. Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr. Hamada ever “throw anyone under the bus,” as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the Justice League production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position.

While Mr. Fisher never alleged any actionable misconduct against him, WarnerMedia nonetheless initiated an investigation into the concerns he’d raised about his character’s portrayal. Still not satisfied, Mr. Fisher insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator.

This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr. Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator. Warner Bros. remains committed to accountability and to the well-being of every cast and crew member on each of its productions. It also remains committed to investigating any specific and credible allegation of misconduct, which thus far Mr. Fisher has failed to provide.”

So, it's been months and they're still waiting on details from Fisher about *anything at all* in regards to the allegations--aside from his script revision ideas being rejected, that is.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:41 pm
The Kramer

WB: Hey Ray Fisher, your character sucks because nobody gives a fuck about Cyborg.

Ray Fisher: Can I play Green Lantern then?

WB: ...

Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:06 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is taking an unnecessary useless turn and they are definitely trying to throw Joss Whedon under the bus to promoting new Justice League. Ray Fisher is a prick who should not get much work from here on.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:35 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jamie Foxx/Electro to return in Spider-Man 3...

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/10/02/ja ... -new-look/

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:48 pm
The Kramer

..Why? That was one of the most miscast roles in blockbuster history. Jamie Foxx is obviously an amazing actor, but he is the coolest guy in the room wherever he goes. Making him a weird nerd-like just did not work. Though, Peter is also the coolest guy in the room (even before turning into Spider-Man) in every scene of those movies so maybe Webb just had an inverted view of the social hierarchy.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:48 pm
Romosexual!

last time it was all Sony & they fucked it up. this time it's Marvel Studios & KF making it. I trust in Feige

Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I thought Foxx was fine but his character was part of an overstuffed mess of a movie. Electro is a complex character and needs more screen time than other villains to pull off. Even if you re-watch TASM2 the scenes with Electro come out watchable. There is just too much stuffed in the second half of the movie with a depressing end which turned off many people.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:26 pm
The Kramer

Alfred Molina back now too so this is almost definitely going to be a Spiderverse type of thing with Venom and Miles likely appearing as well. Sony trying to retcon their entire catalog into the MCU. Meh. I liked those two versions standing separately. Plus, Spider-Man 3 already had a good story set up with Peter being outer and conspiracies making people hate him. I figured they’d bring in Kraven to hunt him and that would be that.

And let’s not forget that Sony insisting on adding characters that creative did not want was what doomed the original franchise and the first reboot attempt.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:34 am
The Kramer

See getting Charlie Cox to play Spider-Man’s lawyer (and eventual crime fighting partner) is a great idea. They don’t need any of this multiverse stuff to get people hyped lol.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:05 pm

I'm excited for this. It's another novel approach that Days of Future Past tested the waters with and I think it could be great. I'm calling it right now that the next Avengers movie will have Spider-man having to create a team of superheroes including Robert Downey Jr. Hugh Jackman, Deadpool, and the Fantastic Four to fight the super villains.

It'll be DC and Marvel matchup again seeing who can pull it off better. My money is with Marvel because why not, it's obvious. But there is no denying I'm more excited for my prediction with RDJ and Hugh Jackman coming back, and Michael Keaton's return then the Spider-men, but with Kirsten Dunst and others being confirmed (Sam Raimi's involvement, will there be Emma Stone?) they are definitely pulling out all the stops so far.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm
Veteran

Marvel Comics is putting the last spot in the new X-Men’s lineup to a vote by fans. Could shape a future movie. Who knows.
https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am
Superfreak

next superman movie will be from jj Abrams probably starring Michael b Jordan. Wow.

Cavill got screwed wtf

Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Cavill didn't want to do Superman so I don't see how he got screwed. I still believe there are too many "Superman" movies in DC with MoS, BvS, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam all having Superman powers.

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:37 pm
The Kramer

Cavill teased a Mass Effect project alongside The Witcher so he’s just gonna be the king of video game IP now.

I know he will be Shepard, but I think he’d make a killer Garrus. Jessica Chastain for Commander Shepard please.

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:31 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't see any source, but there's a lot of discussion/rumors circulating today about Amber Heard being fired from Aquaman 2.

If true... Send a raven to Emilia Clarke! Is the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons available?

Emilia Clarke report to DC Studios, please. The sun has risen in the west, and has set in the east. The rivers have run dry. The mountains have blown in the wind like leaves. Your 'sun and stars' is requesting you.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

^ :funny:

Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Lol, hbox max unintentionally releases the Snyder cut for a few hours today, heads will roll

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next