Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ARTICLE ON MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES FOR NEXT 12 MONTHS!!! 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post Re: ARTICLE ON MOST ANTICIPATED MOVIES FOR NEXT 12 MONTHS!!!
MadGez wrote:
Not sure Roid - arent those films pre-selected and respondants just rate them 1-5? So maybe Wall-E wasnt even proposed to the respondants.

That could explain why Pluto Nash 2 aka Starship Dave is doing on the list. If its only 20 movies that were sampled, it could explain its position. Im curious how many movies did they really conduct

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

WE GOT KG!!! wrote:
mama mia would do 100 million if it wasnt opening against 2008s biggest opener.

That doesn't make much sense when DWP had Superman Returns and Pirates 2.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

MadGez wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Starship Dave?

What is that, I've at least heard of the other entries.

Its an Eddie Murphy space comedy (reminds us all of Pluto Nash - one of the biggest flops ever and another Murphy film). Its set for release the week after Memorial Day next year.

It's not quite that, but it has the setup of something that will most likely flop. Here's the summary.

Quote:
Starship Dave is an upcoming comedy film co-written by Bill Corbett (formerly of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame) and Rob Greenberg. It is the story of a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who are seeking a way to save their doomed world. Eddie Murphy will play the human spacecraft they travel in (Starship Dave) as well as the ship's captain. Filming is expected to begin in March 2007, as of early June, they were filming scenes at the statue of liberty, in New York City and is to be released by 20th Century Fox.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jmart007 wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Starship Dave?

Its an Eddie Murphy space comedy (reminds us all of Pluto Nash - one of the biggest flops ever and another Murphy film). Its set for release the week after Memorial Day next year.

It's not quite that, but it has the setup of something that will most likely flop. Here's the summary.

Quote:
Starship Dave is an upcoming comedy film co-written by Bill Corbett (formerly of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame) and Rob Greenberg. It is the story of a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who are seeking a way to save their doomed world. Eddie Murphy will play the human spacecraft they travel in (Starship Dave) as well as the ship's captain. Filming is expected to begin in March 2007, as of early June, they were filming scenes at the statue of liberty, in New York City and is to be released by 20th Century Fox.

Ah ok. I still think it will flop but it has a small chance of being a Nutty Proffessor type hit

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:43 am

Jmart007 wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Ripper wrote:
Starship Dave?

Quote:

All I can think of is that movie with Dennis Quiad from the 80's, with the little craft inside of his body that I lved as kid, bastardizied and made bad.

I miss the time when Eddie Murphy was cool.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:24 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Magnus wrote:
Hancock, Speed Racer, and Mummy don't need to be worried. I mean, it's fucking October. Now, come January when the winter films are over and all these films have teasers out (I presume), then they should all be in the top 10 (Mummy is already in the top 10 actually).

Beowulf on the other hand should. It's coming in one month and it's 12th? Not good.

Hulk on the other hand should be worried. That's a film that should have high internet awareness. The fact that it's being beaten by films like Mamma Mia (which by the way ranking at 14th already is very impressive and I'm just one step closer from calling the film a 100m lock).

This list really means nothing, though I think the top 2 psitions will most likley hold all the way into their release. And for once, Hollywood did a great job of scheduling the two biggest films of the summer FAR away from each other. Both IJ4 and TDK will have tons of hype, and neither will affect each other due to their two-month difference.

Well, you can thank Ang Lee for fuc*ing up the 1st movie to the point where the studio will be lucky if the moviegoers even give INCREDIBLE HULK a chance.. Seriously, the 1st trailer, hell, even teaser will be a make it or break it in getting folks to give this another chance and it's riding on the FX.. Personally, I think Norton's script is fantastic and DEFINITELY what the HULK should've been the 1st time out, even the look of him from that pic released awhile back.. It really does seem like there trying to turn it around and apologize for that abortion Ang Lee made(well, maybe abortion is a bit harsh and the movie wasn't THAT bad, but it also wasn't that good either..

Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2