Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dan Ackroyd Beats A Deadhorse With GHOSTBUSTERS 3 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Dan Ackroyd Beats A Deadhorse With GHOSTBUSTERS 3
http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/08/25/ ... sters-3-go

They need to let this go, plain and simple..

Quote:
Dan Aykroyd Just Won’t Let GHOSTBUSTERS 3 Go

By Devin Faraci | August 25, 2011 | News | 43 Comments

Can someone convince Dan Aykroyd to let Ghostbusters 3 go? This movie shouldn’t happen, to be honest. I think we all know that. The time has passed. Ghostbusters 2 really proved this to the world… but not to Aykroyd.

He took to the Dennis Miller radio show to once against flog this undead horse of a movie, saying

Yes, we will be doing the movie and hopefully with Mr. Murray. That is our hope. We have an excellent script. What we have to remember is that ‘Ghostbusters’ is bigger than any one component, although Billy was absolutely the lead and contributive to it in a massive way, as was the director and Harold [Ramis], myself and Sigourney [Weaver]. The concept is much bigger than an individual role and the promise of ‘Ghostbusters 3′ is that we get to hand the equipment and the franchise down to new blood.

What’s interesting is that Aykroyd is wrong while being right. It isn’t Murray or any other one component that makes Ghostbusters work, it’s the way they all came together. And removing one of those components… well, it isn’t the same. Ghostbusters isn’t the same without Bill Murray, and it isn’t the same in a big way.

I don’t want to see Ghostbusters getting a soft reboot in a passing of the torch story; it isn’t the universe of the movies that I love, it’s the specific characters and how they are played. Does any reasonable human being want to continue a Ghostbusters franchise with the proton packs being given to Kevin James or somebody?

via Slashfilm

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Dan Ackroyd Beats A Deadhorse With GHOSTBUSTERS 3
Either do it with all new people or don't do it at all. At least with all new people, we can say "At least Murray, Aykroyd and Ramis had nothing to do with it."

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]