Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Is someone else looking forward to THE WEATHER MAN? 
We had our time together

Post Is someone else looking forward to THE WEATHER MAN?
I just watched the trailer again and I loved it. Cage seems to be great in his role. There are many funny moments in the trailer. And Verbinski made with The Ring my favourite horror movie and with POTC one of my favourite entertainment movies. Oh and I really liked The Mexican too, so there's little chance this movie will disapoint me.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

IMO it looks very good, i will definately be watching this next year. It sorta reminded me of ESOTSM, i wouldn't be surprised if this cropped up with some oscar noms. When is the release date btw? I love that song at the end of the trailer aswell :wink:

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

TRAILERhttp://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/the_weather_man/[/list]

Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

yea looks pretty good but will prob do about the same as Matchstick Men, once again a crappy time of the year for a Nic Cage movie

Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I have a great story about its production. I went to work one day in late spring, so maybe April, and the entire street my office building was on (in Chicago) was closed off. I turn onto it and there is snow everywhere. All lining the street. I didn't get it for so long because I've not seen a big production being filmed before. But they wouldn't let me walk down the street (everyone there was a contracted extra) and I told them I needed to get to the front door of my office building, so they had to let me go. But the whole street and sidewalks I had to walk through snow in the middle of april (dunno, does anyone remember when it was shooting there? It could have even been later?).

I came up to my office and it was all the talk. So we're sitting around chatting about it, and my boss said he was an extra in a movie once. So i asked which and he goes. The Exorcist, have you heard of it? I laughed pretty hard, because he was asking the question genuinely, as though he thought anyone under 30 had never heard of the movie.

Snow, Exorcist....very random day, and all because of The Weather Man. 8)

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:17 am
Where will you be?

The story didn't sound great, but I figure there must've been something pretty great if Verbinski had this be his next project after back to back uber hits The Ring and POTC. But the trailer actually looked pretty damn solid. I'm a bit surprised by that rating though. The movie looks like it was meant to have a bit wider appeal then that, but maybe Paramount is trying to hide it's darkness. Wouldn't be a first from them (everyone thought Team America would be PG-13 based on the teaser)

Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]