Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Paramount to produce Splinter Cell movie 
problem?

Post Paramount to produce Splinter Cell movie
From Variety via ComingSoon:
Quote:
Paramount has acquired film rights to Tom Clancy's video game Splinter Cell and hired Peter Berg (The Rundown, Friday Night Lights) to direct.

Variety says Berg is writing the script along with Splinter Cell game writer J.T. Petty and John J. McLaughlin (Man of the House). Paramount said the movie is aimed at combining the game's blend of stealth action with a "dynamic, original" character.

The game, now in its second edition, follows the adventures of government spy Sam Fisher as he's dispatched to infiltrate an international terrorist syndicate and stop a high-tech threat.

Published by Ubisoft, Splinter Cell has been one of the most successful "stealth" action games. The first two games in the series, "Splinter Cell" and "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow," have already sold more than 6 million units worldwide, and a third, "Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory," is slated for release in March.

All I gotta say is..... do we need more movies based on video games?

Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:33 pm
Commander and Chef

Splinter cell works amazing as a game .. cause its all about execution, not about the story .. yes the story is intruiging but its nothing unique and found in other movies as such ... I really can't sit through a movie watching Tom Fisher (is that his name?) sneaking upto people in every scene ... I just can't ...

Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Why not just take some of the elements and move them into the Jack Ryan franchise?

Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:52 pm
Draughty

Probably invevitable as the guy directing Wilis's Hostage has spinter cell video game as his most recent directing credits. So I guess it brought the game to the attention of the studios.

Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]