Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 You don't belong at KJ if you haven't seen these Movies!!! 
Indiana Jones IV

Remove Sports/Musicals.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

jmart007 wrote:
[font=century gothic]Two questions because I'm slow when it comes to this thread for some reason.

1. Can I still sign up?

2. What exactly are we supposed to do again?[/font].

1. Yes you can
2. It's basically just me trying to show that I can pick a Universal set of films that most people have seen, to help establish those who more about movies then others. I mean, its easy to know a lot about one genre, but to know 11, it shows more skill. Like earlier stated the films will be universal classics of the genre. My opinion is not going to matter that much, as Im thinking rather critically.

I have given you three films that you havent been able to see and one genre that you feel you might miss more than others. All you have to do is say Im in, and the genre you want out. Then by the end of the night I will post the films.

[font=century gothic]Gotcha. You already have me on the list, but I'll type i'm in just to solidify if.

Horror/Musical[/font]

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:39 pm
Mod Team Leader

I eliminate nothing. I have seen everything.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Thegun wrote:
jmart007 wrote:
[font=century gothic]Two questions because I'm slow when it comes to this thread for some reason.

1. Can I still sign up?

1. Yes you can
2. It's basically just me trying to show that I can pick a Universal set of films that most people have seen, to help establish those who more about movies then others. I mean, its easy to know a lot about one genre, but to know 11, it shows more skill. Like earlier stated the films will be universal classics of the genre. My opinion is not going to matter that much, as Im thinking rather critically.

I have given you three films that you havent been able to see and one genre that you feel you might miss more than others. All you have to do is say Im in, and the genre you want out. Then by the end of the night I will post the films.

[font=century gothic]Gotcha. You already have me on the list, but I'll type i'm in just to solidify if.

Horror/Musical[/font]

Only one problem, Horror is a 10 film category and Musical is a 5 film. If two categories are separated by a slash, it means they are both 5 film categories. You can either pick a 10 film category, or two five film categories.

the five film categories are, Western, War, Musical, Sports, Crime, and Drama.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:06 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Believe me, IMDB is very much a factor to me in my choices. My personal opinion has been taken out for the most part. I've always been a critical thinker. Many of the films I would never put in my lists, because they are too whether it be commercial or too many people love them.

And no thats not the point of the thread, everyone here is a film fan, that part is understood, were just gonna see who's explored a little more

Quote:

But if the list has no movies older than 50 years...

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:42 pm

Thats true, This is only the first level to show who is on the right page, and knows a little more than the general public, after that, then we will go on to see who is even further.

The entrances are closed

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:17 pm

fuck yeah

:bandana:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:24 pm
Superman: The Movie

jmart007 wrote:
Thegun wrote:
jmart007 wrote:

1. Can I still sign up?

1. Yes you can

Horror/Musical[/font]

Only one problem, Horror is a 10 film category and Musical is a 5 film. If two categories are separated by a slash, it means they are both 5 film categories. You can either pick a 10 film category, or two five film categories.

the five film categories are, Western, War, Musical, Sports, Crime, and Drama.

[font=century gothic]So how about Western/Musical? That works right?[/font]

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

The point is, Gun said he will pick the movies and you have to sack up. You can't pick and choose what he can put here. That's the point of the thread. Either you participate or you wuss out.

I say it bring it on. :nerd:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

I don't get how this works. Once he posts the list of 110 films that any true cinephile must have seen, can't everyone just say "oh, yep, I've definately seen all 110 of those". What's to stop people from lying? I don't get how this works as a competition, or whatever.

PEACE, Mike.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:57 pm
Wall-E

I don't get how this works. Once he posts the list of 110 films that any true cinephile must have seen, can't everyone just say "oh, yep, I've definately seen all 110 of those". What's to stop people from lying? I don't get how this works as a competition, or whatever.

PEACE, Mike.

Yea, I know. Truth is without even seeing the list yet I've already seen all the films twice. Scouts honor.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

Yea, I know. Truth is without even seeing the list yet I've already seen all the films twice. Scouts honor.

:lol:

Yeah its just too easy to lie. Im willing to be involved - but im sure i'll miss out a fair few.

I mean its only one person's interperetation of what the key films in each genre are. Very subjective.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:06 pm
MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

Ultimate Movie Mayhem, Foreign Film Fest, all of these things depend on honesty to work.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:07 pm
Wall-E

First things first. I want to see the genres he picks. I have faith in the action, adventure, horror, etc. but get to musicals and I'm doomed.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Mike, its not a competition, if you lie, I mean, its not like your gaining everything. I mean if by some crazy situation that you havent seen any of these movies, I stand by that you don't belong on KJ. it is more a viewpoint from me from making an subjective list that most people should have seen on here. Very few of this films would be on my top films, many of them, I would have given the ax too. Im going for public opinion, not my own. My major influences were my general knowledge, imdb, cinema scores, and rottentomatoes.

My main point is that most of these films are givens and even through passing, one should have came accross them.

With that being said, I have my lists done. I will post them within the next two hours.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:31 pm

RawSaw the genres. six are five film genres/together.

Action
Horror
Comedy
Sci Fi
Romance
Family
Thriller
Popcorn at its finest- As in you hang up your coat and all forms of logic when you watch them.
War/ Western
Crime/ Drama
Sports/ Musical

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Can we still join? If so, i'd like to join. :)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:38 pm
Teenage Dream

I'll do it, even though I have no idea what is going on.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:38 pm
Teenage Dream

baumer72 wrote:

fuck yeah

:bandana:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:41 pm
this confirms the theory that people will stand in line even if they don't know what the line is for.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:42 pm
Teenage Dream

this confirms the theory that people will stand in line even if they don't know what the line is for.

:shades:

Seriously though... I get what it is. I just don't really see the point since there is no way to prove anything. At least with something like the film festivals and what not, you actually have to kind of sort of talk about the movies. With this, a simple "SEEN IT!" will suffice.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:44 pm
I'm just hoping Saw isn't on the horror list.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Yes, Ok, this is the last list of members.

Baba- Horror
Yoshue- Horror
Nebs- Horror
Jmart007- Western/ Musical
Groucho
The French Man- Western (You can loose another 5film category)
Riggs
Baumer
Loyalfromlondon
Kypade
Makeshift
MadGez
Benny Blanco- Sports/musicals

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:58 pm
Kypade

i think it would work a lot better without the competition aspect. anyone following along who doesnt sign up can still post and say "oh ive seen em all"...and if at the end, one of those people really does "win", do they not "win" cuz they never signed up? i say just post the movies 10 per day or whatever and lets see who has seen what, dont make it any more than it really is, it's an interesting enough idea to work without subtracting genres and arbitrary "winning" levels of watching, yknow. :O

ps, i've really gotta learn to just stop typing, i was genuinely done like, two days ago :O :O

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next