Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 One way or another, you know you enjoyed Showgirls. 
Extraordinary

Don't listen to him Appy, everyone has to see this movie at least once and decide for themselves. No one's argueing him on the point its awful. We're just saying its so awful its entertaining, and argueing if perhaps that awfullness wasn't intentional because NC17 was a newly emerging market.

Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:06 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

"Head"? Not "heed"? :wink:

Don't listen to him Appy, everyone has to see this movie at least once and decide for themselves. No one's argueing him on the point its awful. We're just saying its so awful its entertaining, and argueing if perhaps that awfullness wasn't intentional because NC17 was a newly emerging market.

Listen to me Appy.. This movie sucks complete ass and there is alot of other films more deserving of your hard earned $$$ than "ShowGirls".. Trust me, it sucks whether it's the ushering in of the "NC-17" Rating or not..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

dolcevita wrote:

Listen to me Appy.. This movie sucks complete ass and there is alot of other films more deserving of your hard earned $$$ than "ShowGirls".. Trust me, it sucks whether it's the ushering in of the "NC-17" Rating or not..

Well, I'm not sure $3 (which is probably what it takes to rent this campfest) is really "hard-earned $$$".

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:37 am

Showgirls is among the worst movies I've ever seen, but it's hysterically awful. I had more fun watching it than I have many comedies.

The part where Elizabeth Berkley and Kyle MacLachlan are "intimate" had me laughing for about 15 minutes. She looks like a flopping fish out of water.

ditto, Elizabeth Berkely had to know that filminghtis was oging to ruin any chance she had at a career.

Showgirl si sliek a train wreck, it is god awful but you find yourself watching and alughing when you shouldn't.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:54 am
Veteran

dolcevita wrote:

sorry about the typo.

actually I can rent it for $.99 but I have alot of other movies I want to see more then that. or I could get it for free from library. I think I will go with the library. But i'm not sure I will rent it anyways.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Yes, it is a hillarious movie... *sigh* Just thinking about the movie gives me 2 minutes of chuckles.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:36 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB_The_Man wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

sorry about the typo.

actually I can rent it for $.99 but I have alot of other movies I want to see more then that. or I could get it for free from library. I think I will go with the library. But i'm not sure I will rent it anyways.

It's not even worth $.99... Trust me, ShowGirls is attrocious and your not missing out on anything here.. Obviously, Elizabeth Berkley's film career is heavily stalled at the moment due to this turkey..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Appy wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

sorry about the typo.

It's not even worth $.99... Trust me, ShowGirls is attrocious and your not missing out on anything here.. Obviously, Elizabeth Berkley's film career is heavily stalled at the moment due to this turkey..

It's worth a watch, just for the campy value of it.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:56 pm
Veteran

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Yeah, I know it was a turkey....thats why its so fun. Admit it BK...it was a far more enjoyable turkey than say, Gigli. Its the creme della creme of the turkeys, which makes it worthy of a viewing.

@PE...how old did you say you were again??? You've already seen this movie? Your parents are awsome, mine were like that too when I was younger. :lol:

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:53 am
Veteran

BKB_The_Man wrote:

Yeah, I know it was a turkey....thats why its so fun. Admit it BK...it was a far more enjoyable turkey than say, Gigli. Its the creme della creme of the turkeys, which makes it worthy of a viewing.

@PE...how old did you say you were again??? You've already seen this movie? Your parents are awsome, mine were like that too when I was younger. :lol:

Gigli was bad :( hes 38yrs old Docle. My parents are prudes when it comes to movies. They hate almost anything I watch and trash me alot for the movies I own. Hell I was 15yrs old when I saw my first pg-13 and they fast forward through 50% it anyways.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

dolcevita wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

Gigli was bad :( hes 38yrs old Docle. My parents are prudes when it comes to movies. They hate almost anything I watch and trash me alot for the movies I own. Hell I was 15yrs old when I saw my first pg-13 and they fast forward through 50% it anyways.

I think she meant public enemy, and he is 13 I believe

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:00 am
Veteran

Appy wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

hes not 13yrs old i've talked with him on the phone. Unless hes one very deep mellow voiced 13yr old.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Appy wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

hes not 13yrs old i've talked with him on the phone. Unless hes one very deep mellow voiced 13yr old.

Youve talked to public enemey on the phone?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:09 am
Veteran

Appy wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Appy wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

Youve talked to public enemey on the phone?

sorry I thought she meant BKB. No i've not talked to PE and yes hes 13yrs old.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

BKB_The_Man wrote:

Yeah... I'm 13. I usually never watch rated R movies (or they just don't know about it as... I watch them by myself when I rent em) with my parents, lol. I watched Closer with my parents and they just stared at me when the strip club scene came up... They still think I am a child but I can handle a rated R movie. Anyways... to be honest, I think I saw Showgirls the first time when I was 6 years old. :lol: My sister was into Saved By The Bell so... yeah.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:28 am
La Bella Vito

lovemerox wrote:
It is for sure a guilty pleasure. Everytime it comes on showtime I watch it. Hell I have even ordered it a few times. Its a cult classic, camp classic ect.... I didnt think it was THAT bad. I mean it was bad, but not horrible like so many say. I thought the "head" dancer...(dont remember her name) was far worse at acting than Berkley.

Gina Gershon? She was one of the only "bright" spots of that movie, if you could call it one.

Elizabeth Berkley was atrocious. I've seen her in a few things since, and she's perfectly fine in low-key roles. She wasn't bad as Jessie Spano, either. But in Showgirls, ew.

I totally diagree. Gina Gershon was worse in this movie than Berkeley, who I find to be an okay actress. She was really great in the made for tv movie Student Seduction last year, and she was very good in Saved By The Bell, and I don't think she looks like a fish at all. She's actually very pretty. :roll:

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Hehe. Gershon was waaaaaaaaaaay better. She played a tired b**** to the tee. Berkeley doesn't look like a fish herself, she's a fine looking woman, her actions just mimicked those of a flopping fish during the sex scenes.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:25 am
Sbil

Libs wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
It is for sure a guilty pleasure. Everytime it comes on showtime I watch it. Hell I have even ordered it a few times. Its a cult classic, camp classic ect.... I didnt think it was THAT bad. I mean it was bad, but not horrible like so many say. I thought the "head" dancer...(dont remember her name) was far worse at acting than Berkley.

Gina Gershon? She was one of the only "bright" spots of that movie, if you could call it one.

Elizabeth Berkley was atrocious. I've seen her in a few things since, and she's perfectly fine in low-key roles. She wasn't bad as Jessie Spano, either. But in Showgirls, ew.

I totally diagree. Gina Gershon was worse in this movie than Berkeley, who I find to be an okay actress. She was really great in the made for tv movie Student Seduction last year, and she was very good in Saved By The Bell, and I don't think she looks like a fish at all. She's actually very pretty. :roll:

I didn't say she *looked* like a fish, I said her wildly erratic sex scene looked like a fish out of water.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:45 pm
La Bella Vito

Pinkpanther wrote:
Libs wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

I didn't say she *looked* like a fish, I said her wildly erratic sex scene looked like a fish out of water.

I see. I don't really remember that scene, but what a dreadful film this was. She kicked that guy in the face, and her breasts were shaking, that was just so hilarious, and retarded at the same time.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Hehe. Gershon was waaaaaaaaaaay better. She played a tired b**** to the tee. Berkeley doesn't look like a fish herself, she's a fine looking woman, her actions just mimicked those of a flopping fish during the sex scenes.

It bears acknowledging that her imitation of a fish went beyond the movements and imitations, right to the olfactory aspect.

:)

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2