Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MEG Concept Art 
Christian's #1 Fan

I like the second piece of concept art a lot better myself.

I've only read the first two books in the series. I'd almost hope that the film would be adapted as R instead of PG-13. The first book not only contained an extreme amount of blood and gore but also fair amounts of nudity/sex scenes as well, which could obviously be cut. The language was also quite extreme however, but once again that could be limited. I just don't want to see the gore being cut to PG-13 levels is all.

Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I like the second piece of concept art a lot better myself.

I've only read the first two books in the series. I'd almost hope that the film would be adapted as R instead of PG-13. The first book not only contained an extreme amount of blood and gore but also fair amounts of nudity/sex scenes as well, which could obviously be cut. The language was also quite extreme however, but once again that could be limited. I just don't want to see the gore being cut to PG-13 levels is all.

Well count on that happening and being PG-13 since it reels in a wider audience and that's what they'll do with this and perhaps, release an UNRATED Version on DVD like everything else.. Actually, the 1st novel MEG is about to be re-released according to Steve Alten with tighter writing and more scenes added to the story.. He says the 1st book was more amateurish in writing with alot of run-on sentences and mispelled words if you look hard enough... My only concern with this movie is whether or not the audience buys into this or see's this movie as another JAWS ripoff with a bigger shark, even though this species DID exist and was actually this large.. Many folks might not know this to..

Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

size = 65 feet max

Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2